Terri Agnew:Welcome to the ICANN Accessibility Taskforce call on Monday, 24th August 2015 at 21:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/qZlCAw

Silvia Vivanco:Hello all

Jorge Carcavallo:Hi from buenos aires

Gunela Astbrink:Thank you!

Terri Agnew:Thank you everone for allowing us to adjust start time for this call.

Joe Catapano:Hi everyone; glad to be here.

CLO:Good to have you

Terri Agnew:Welcome Laura Bengford

Laura Bengford:Hello, I joined late, sorry

judith hellerstein:Hi Jorge!!

judith hellerstein:Also we had our first call of the members of the small committee working on the captioning pilot. We have now written criteria for choosing the program

Jorge Carcavallo:Hi Judith

judith hellerstein:The info from the call and the Wiki is located here, https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Captioning+Pilot+to+create+criteria+2015-08-19+Action+Items

judith hellerstein:I also worked on the survey with Glenn and we rewrote the survey

judith hellerstein:Will we be given access to edit this page and add content to it?

judith hellerstein:that is the new wiki page being set up

Laura Bengford:Thanks Cheryl, a lot of progress and a lot to still do!

Terri Agnew:At Large Captioning Pilot Project main wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/soBYAw

Silvia Vivanco:Can you hear me

Silvia Vivanco:sorry

Silvia Vivanco:I was speaking

Silvia Vivanco:I wanted to mention that one of the AIs was to take this WG to a wider audience

judith hellerstein:@terri actually the wiki that Silvia created is located here,  https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Captioning+Pilot+to+create+criteria+2015-08-19+Action+Items

CLO:We have moved ONTO the post BA  stuff like the captiopning programme pilot she just reported on  

Silvia Vivanco:We created  a wiki page already

Silvia Vivanco:I  am sorry my AC mic is muted

Silvia Vivanco:i.New Wiki Space for ICANN Wide Community has been et up and now need design and population with data

Laura Bengford:I'll be updating our DIgital Services WIKI with updates for the Web Accessibility project if you want to add a link on your WIKI page to it for status updates, https://community.icann.org/display/digitalservices/Accessibility

Gunela Astbrink:Excellent!

judith hellerstein:1) do we have editing capabilities on this new page so we can add new items to it

judith hellerstein:2) Do we need to have a charter and new agreements written

judith hellerstein:to open this up to a wider group

Silvia Vivanco:In the meantime, staff shall maintain both wikis. the At Large and the cross community wiki

Silvia Vivanco:I am speaking

judith hellerstein:We can not hear you

Silvia Vivanco:I have turned on all mic capabilities

judith hellerstein:Maybe we should have a dial out to you so we can hear you

Silvia Vivanco:Hello

Silvia Vivanco:I am speaking

Silvia Vivanco:I will request  a dial out

judith hellerstein:no we cannot hear you

Silvia Vivanco:the thing is my AC sound is better than my phone line f

judith hellerstein:you can mute the phone and listen to the sound from ac

judith hellerstein:then talk on the phone and mute the ac

Silvia Vivanco:will do that

judith hellerstein:you can mute the speakers as well

judith hellerstein:But we still need a charter

judith hellerstein:That is what we had to do with the CCWG Internet Governance group

judith hellerstein:@olivier can you speak about this

Silvia Vivanco:i am on my i - phone now

Silvia Vivanco::) sound is good now

Silvia Vivanco:3 networks were tried

Gunela Astbrink:ACCC!

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I am not kidding.. We need careful nomenclature

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:understood. Thanks!

judith hellerstein:I agree with you.  We ran into problems with this with the CCWG Internet Governance

Laura Bengford:Yes indeed.  Nomenclature is important.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:We scraped through the CCWG Internet Governance, so much so that I recommended the Group about Human Rights be a Cross Community Work Party CCWP. So now a CCC sounds good.

Laura Bengford:So a committee and working party do not need a charter?

CLO:Aspirations, Goals, Aims Purpose  are all fine but we *avoid*  "Chrter" t all costs Judith

Alan Greenberg:The structure becomes the surogate purpose. Protect us from it!

CLO:Exactly Alan

Alan Greenberg:An initiative of...

Gunela Astbrink:Thanks - understood

Laura Bengford:It could easily be a link under the Initiatives sections.

CLO:Perfect Laura ( I had hoped that might be the outcome)

judith hellerstein:@silvia you had the same problem that Carlton had with skype. when you use skype to join the call you can hear but can not speak. He had similar issues

CLO:yes still an imperfect system

judith hellerstein:this was the problem we had today with the technology task force

Silvia Vivanco:cc

Silvia Vivanco:Cross community  WG on accessibility shall be

Gunela Astbrink:I was thinking of Accessibility CCC (ACCC)

judith hellerstein:Yes +1 to Gunela

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:CCC has a history with ICANN - when the Chaos Computer Club of Germany elected their Chair to the Board of ICANN in the open elections At-Large that was a component part at the birth of ICANN

judith hellerstein:how about a ACCC

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I bet old-timers will appreciate the use of CCC as an acronym

Silvia Vivanco:So far the wiki is NOT public yet

Silvia Vivanco:until the group decides to do so

Silvia Vivanco:Please all send your ideas to teh list so we can create a good landing page

Silvia Vivanco:@ CLO we need to set a deadline

Silvia Vivanco:11 of Sept noted

Silvia Vivanco:same time as now will be included

Silvia Vivanco:and other  times as well

Laura Bengford:Thank you Everyone!

Gunela Astbrink:Thanks everyone. Bye

• No labels