Kathy Schnitt: Welcome to the ICANN Accessibility Taskforce call on Monday 24 November 2014 at 1800 UTC.

Kathy Schnitt:Meeting Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/nznxAg

Kathy Schnitt:Hi Silvia and Welcome

Kathy Schnitt:Welcome Cheryl.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:Hi Kathy

Kathy Schnitt:Welcome Greg

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:Hi Greg

Greg Shatan:Hello, all!

Kathy Schnitt:Welcome Judith

Judith Hellerstein:HI all

Kathy Schnitt:Welcome Glenn.

Glenn McKnight:I am  doing dual tasks  so  I will be  doing a adobe connect but no audio

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:NP  Glenn 

Glenn McKnight:Hi All

Kathy Schnitt:Thank you Glenn.

Judith Hellerstein:I am on mute so people do not hear my typing

Kathy Schnitt:Thank you Judith.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:Hi Gunella

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:argh  sorry too many LL's

Judith Hellerstein:Hi Silvia

Judith Hellerstein:Hi Gunela

Silvia Vivanco:Hello all

Gunela Astbrink:Hi

Gunela Astbrink:Thanks, Cheryl. I'm waking up ;-)

Glenn McKnight:Kudos  to the  Aussies  for being on the call

Judith Hellerstein:Yes Thanks Gunela

Silvia Vivanco:I ticked the AIs completed

sylvia leite:please give the adobe code

Silvia Vivanco:Pages: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Accesibility+WG+Los+Angeles+2014+meeting

Silvia Vivanco:No problem, please review

Glenn McKnight:As to keynote  speaker  note,  Garth mentioned  a  person as  as speaker.   Dr. Harrenstein  I think 

Silvia Vivanco:as I  had to read hand written notes so I may have misread (hope not)

Silvia Vivanco:and edit as you would like

Glenn McKnight:He was  one of the inventors of  the  WWW

Joly MacFie:3/10 fpr spelling. >accesibilty :)

Glenn McKnight:We can edit since its  available.  I took  pics of the posters  too

Joly MacFie:Mind you I'm no better.

Judith Hellerstein:Hi Ken

Silvia Vivanco:Thank you Glenn

Glenn McKnight:https://www.flickr.com/photos/glennmcknight/14915199153/in/set-72157646432130123

Silvia Vivanco:yes please edit  as you think and you can click notify so we know what has been chaged

Glenn McKnight:https://www.flickr.com/photos/glennmcknight/15349213858/in/set-72157646432130123/

Silvia Vivanco:changed

Judith Hellerstein:Her email is hgirma@dralegal.org

Ken Hansen (HelpThemHear.org):Hi Everyone!

Glenn McKnight:Hi Ken

Glenn McKnight:Ken the  pictures of our  meeting in Singapore is here  https://www.flickr.com/photos/glennmcknight/sets/72157646432130123/

Glenn McKnight:Ken,  the  centre  panel is a summary of the meeting in Singapore

Glenn McKnight:You can see the original notes  in the pics and Silvia  did a  summary

Ken Hansen (HelpThemHear.org):Thanks Glenn!

Gunela Astbrink:HI Ken

Glenn McKnight:The idea of  a  DISABLE Showcase  is  very interesting if  we can showcase  some  ideas  to  show in  Singapore  for February

Ken Hansen (HelpThemHear.org):Hi Gunela!

Silvia Vivanco:@ Glenn APRALO is working on the Singapore Showcase at the moment and they have prepared a Program

Silvia Vivanco:with a Showcase included

Glenn McKnight:Many of the  ISOC  SIGHT  locations  are doing some  interesing  stuff   for  a  showcase  

Judith Hellerstein:you mean IEEE not ISOC

Glenn McKnight: Yes,  we could   do  something  with them

Judith Hellerstein:He seems to have dropped off

Judith Hellerstein:sorry i see him now

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:Glenn we have othr focus for the showcase but it does not proclude of course our very active ALSes who are Accessibility  focused

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:Good point Glenn  that is somethong Gunela is focussed upon

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:Glenn  should read KEN  sorry boys...

Joe Catapano:Hi all, apologies for no audio as I'm home with a sick son today. I did submit some thoughts directly to the matrix on the wiki earlier last week...

Alan Greenberg:I was going to comment that if people have the capacity, it would not hurt to work with registries and registrars in parallel, but on reconsideration, we really need to have the ICANN site more accessible before we ask out contracted parties to do it as well.

Joe Catapano:I think the “Survey, Feedback, Discussion” portion of under “Tangible/Tactics” in the SMART table is key. Having a good set of data points from the DNS industry as to what solutions they might be looking for in this area can really help inform and guide the discussions of the group and maximize outputs.

Joe Catapano:On the SWOT analysis, I think the “(Policy Development) in ICANN” can be a Strength as well as an Opportunity. The bringing together of multiple views is baked into the ICANN processes and having this diversity of ideas in on the ground floor can be a major positive.

Joe Catapano:“Stock take Domain Name Industry” seems more like an Opportunity than a Weakness in retrospect.

Judith Hellerstein:Captioning is not a problem.

Judith Hellerstein:We tested the pod and it works great!!  we just need to have funding

Judith Hellerstein:That is not true for the caption first pod

Judith Hellerstein:@laura that is not true with the caption first pod in adobe connect

Judith Hellerstein:if you have a problem with captioning we can get caption first to address any remaining issues

Judith Hellerstein:Caption first did the captioning at the ITU Plenipot event

Judith Hellerstein:The tech people at caption first can help resolve this

Silvia Vivanco:AI noted

Judith Hellerstein:@laura it worked to disconnect the audio and reconnect it. at least that worked for me

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:Judith I think you might need to mute

Glenn McKnight:Also the issue of  captioning of  videos   is  an issue and  a policy for many

Judith Hellerstein:sorry

Silvia Vivanco:Bienvenido Juan Manuel

Judith Hellerstein:@greg Shatan, I can connect you with Caption first as they have a pod that we tested and really liked

Judith Hellerstein:Sure we can make sure the TTF make sure that things are working well, but we only work with current systems

Laura Bengford:I will follow up on the captioning issue.  I don't have an update today. 

Silvia Vivanco:Thank you for your follow up Laura

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:Thanbks Laura  we REALLYT need Captionng as a standard  forAC use in ICANN

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:sorry typo's

Laura Bengford:Okay, I'll report back on this list

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:Thx

Judith Hellerstein:I would be happy to arrange a call with Pat Graves so you can discuss any concerns with her

Judith Hellerstein:She is with captions first

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2: Indeed they do which is why they should be motivated to fix ASAP

Juan Manuel Rojas:thanks silvia

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:IF the issue still exists of course

Laura Bengford:Okay

Judith Hellerstein:The issue next issue is funding.  costs 130 an hour + 18 an hour for a trnascript

Judith Hellerstein:that is for english

Judith Hellerstein:That is the cost from Caption first

Judith Hellerstein:no this is different

Judith Hellerstein:I have my hand up

Judith Hellerstein:i want to clarify the captioning issues

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:Noted Judith

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:I will go to you NEXT  =>  ok Greg?

Alan Greenberg:What kind of time-lag can we expect ob captioning, and on captioning folling language interpretation?

Judith Hellerstein:@alan I can answer your question

Alan Greenberg:folling = following

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:I will ask Judith and Gklennm to respond to that @Alan  Glenn can type

Silvia Vivanco:Gunela please clarify your Action Item

Laura Bengford:The RFP has been a little delayed but should go out by end of year.

Ken Hansen (HelpThemHear.org):Is there someone who manages the ICANN meeting events who knows what they are already doing?

Glenn McKnight:The  captioning    is  immediate

Laura Bengford:Sorry the RFP for assessment of ICANN.org remediation for Accessibility

Silvia Vivanco:what is exactly required

Silvia Vivanco:and who should carry out

Glenn McKnight:yes

Laura Bengford:yes

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:Gremlens are abound  today indeed...

Glenn McKnight:My adobe  typing is also impacted ,  its  not  responding   most of the time.  strange

Glenn McKnight:We need to provide the link to the session  for everyone

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:Yes it is a service provision  into the pod  so there is very little delay @Alan  ...  

Glenn McKnight:Yes,  the  followup corrections   is a  extra  service  and they have  a separate  charge

Alan Greenberg:I was more worried about cascaded delay if we are using it with interpretaion. Time lag with just interpretation makes interaction difficult. Additional lag will have additional impact.

sylvia leite:good news Judith :)

Gunela Astbrink:@Silvia. suggested AI: That a small sub-group be formed to work with staff to identify current ICANN accessibility activities across the organisation. Staff be requested to stocktake any accessibility actvities in all admin and management areas of ICANN.

Glenn McKnight:It was the  Monday 08 September 2014 at 1400 UTC  meeting   looking for the link

Silvia Vivanco:Thank you Gunela

Gunela Astbrink:Please check above suggested AI wording and discuss

Laura Bengford:So we need to investigate the caption first pod for real time with Adobe Connect.  Then we need to deal with languages.

Glenn McKnight:508  isn't applicable to ICANN

Glenn McKnight:Wcag 2.0 as well

Glenn McKnight:Lots of  human rights  issues  coming up  and most universities have   captioning in all videos  as policy

Gunela Astbrink:@Greg. I realise that section 508 isn't directly relevant to ICANN but Adobe will likely have Govt purchasers. Good to hear about other regulatory/legislative actions.

Glenn McKnight:It;s not just  legal  issues its a  multistake holder engagement and human rights  issue

Gunela Astbrink:@Greg. We appreciate your excellent input

Laura Bengford:Thanks Greg.  We will reach out to Adobe Connect to see what Accessibility features are on their roadmap.

Glenn McKnight:Not surprised on the  Adobe  statements

Judith Hellerstein:We had a full demonstration already in the tech task force call

Silvia Vivanco:yes please Cheryl, if you would be so kind to specify the Action and who will carry it out

Greg Shatan::-)

Gunela Astbrink:@Laura. When doyou expect the Web Accessibility Advisory Group to commence?

Laura Bengford:@Judith, I'll review the full demo again from the tech task force call. I don't recall roadmap future items?

Judith Hellerstein:@ laura I wrote something about this in the at large summit review

Laura Bengford:@gunela, I'll try to get a communication out first week of December.

Judith Hellerstein:I will send it to you and to greg shatan

Gunela Astbrink:@Larua, thanks

Laura Bengford:@judith, thanks. I will look for the at large summit review notes.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:Ohh you know I don't count  ( and I have been oin calls or awake since 0200 local time any way

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:12th is the preference  as the 26th Jan is a Nat Au holiday

Gunela Astbrink:But for us in Oz it will be 27th

Judith Hellerstein:I would recommend a doodle

Glenn McKnight:Need to take  anothe  call for the top of the hour,   Bye all

Gunela Astbrink:@Cheryl - good to hear!

Laura Bengford:bye Glenn

sylvia leite:I have to go. bye bye

Judith Hellerstein:no problem

Gisella Gruber:Monday 15 December 2014, Monday 5 January 2015, Monday 26 January 2015 - Doodles for these dates (1900-2200 UTC)

Gunela Astbrink:I may have bad bandwidth on 15th Dec

Gisella Gruber:Thank you all! Doodle out shortly

Ken Hansen (HelpThemHear.org):Thank you everyone.

Laura Bengford:Thank you Cheryl and everyone!

Silvia Vivanco:Thank you all for your active participation

Judith Hellerstein:By all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:Bye all...

Silvia Vivanco:The Action Items will be posted short;ly

Gunela Astbrink:Thanks everyone. Bye.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr 2:Thank you

• No labels