Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the At-Large Review Working Party and ITEMS Call on Wednesday, 07 December 2016 at 13:00 UTC

Yesim Nazlar:Agenda: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_MZnDAw&d=DgIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=Pu7nh4uUqeTdtbfcoECo2egky45Pf7UDKnM_4ccvw8M&s=QawJgGeaHnsn1NvnBAXQHt80kE2lVl8-Ru5elIQQYh0&e=

McTim:morning

Maureen Hilyard:Good morning everyone

Holly Raiche:Greetings - it's almost morning!

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Good morning !!!

Vanda Scartezini:hi everyone

Maureen Hilyard:@Holly LOL. I get a better deal this morning with 7am

Holly Raiche:No comment

Vanda Scartezini:huge ecco

Leon Sanchez:hello everyone

Vanda Scartezini:hi Leon

Leon Sanchez:hi Vanda!

Vanda Scartezini:IGF going quite well...

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Been following IGF via WebEx and I agree it has been good.

Vanda Scartezini:me too javier

Satish Babu:Hi all

McTim:Alx mentioned that there is some talk of treaties however!!

Kaili Kan:Now my Adobe connect is working for now, I will turn off my phone, just to save a few bucks for ICANN.  :)

Vanda Scartezini:@MCTIM. which ones that Alx is seeing?

Alan Greenberg:no call out yet

Alan Greenberg:Olivier are you in your room?

McTim:don't know, only saw it on his Twitter

Vanda Scartezini:tks, will ask later on.

Alan Greenberg:Call out????

Alan Greenberg:Internet connectivity bouncing up and down. Need phone call out.

McTim:can you put up the lside deck please?

Alan Greenberg:CAN ANYONE SEE THESE MESSAGES????

Maureen Hilyard:Yes

Satish Babu:Yes Alan...can see yr messages...

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):I can see the messages perfectly Alan.

Kaili Kan:As Rinalia quoted Bruce Tonkin in Hyderabad, "the ultimate measure of ICANN policies are the effect to end-users".

Yesim Nazlar:@Alan: we've tried your mobile but it goes to voicemail, will retry now

Maureen Hilyard:Background noise

Vanda Scartezini:too much noise

Maureen Hilyard:I can hear you Holly.. but nothing else

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):utter silence

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):yes nick

Yesim Nazlar:We're dialing out to Tim now

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:I have major network issues and have missed most of the presentation. I'll listen to the recording

McTim:they are diling out to me

Alan Greenberg:Internet bouncing

Holly Raiche:@ Tim - are you now   part of this meeting?

Kaili Kan:These PPTs are very interesting.  Please send them to all ALAC members and interested others.  Thank you!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I am unsure that should happen just yet Kaili

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Agree on PPT distribution.

Maureen Hilyard:Are Council of Elders regionally assigned or can they come from anywhere eg particular regions?

Eduardo Diaz:How mnay are the there in the Council of Eldres?

McTim:come from anywhere

Eduardo Diaz:Who keep tracks of the members? Staff?

McTim:6 slots in CoE

McTim:all Members or CoE ?

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):I like the Council of Elders concept and function, but the name itself sound to medieval to me...

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):sounds

Maureen Hilyard:@Javier.. Agree :)

Satish Babu:Council of Advisors?

McTim:we played with "Emeritus" but we like CoE muvh better, makes a great new acronym, which is the output of ICANN after all ;-)

McTim:details, details, don't get hung up on details!

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Sometheing like "Institutional Memory Council" is more straightforward, self explanatory and modern sounding.

Seun Ojedeji:CoE sounds familiar within AFRINIC community ;-)

McTim:you caught me brother!

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):CoE looks like Council of Europe to me.  

Seun Ojedeji:can we have the scroll enabled?

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Yes please enable scroll

Alberto Soto:I'm sorry, I was traveling! Hello all!

Eduardo Diaz:Are there changes at the RALO level other than eliminating the ALSs?

Seun Ojedeji:Just came in, was disolving the ALSes a recommendation...wow! that will be huge

Yesim Nazlar:Kaili is ready to speak, his mic should be ok now

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):I agree with Alan's comments.  I may like this ITEM's approach, but this is major change.

Seun Ojedeji:still don't have a scroll and i will really like to have this followed-up via email as i do not have good bandwidth. I need to understand the concept of the CoE as well and wonder whether its similar to what we have within AFRINIC

Alberto Soto:Few ISOC organizations ??

Alberto Soto:+1 Alan

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):bad sound on kali

Eduardo Diaz:RALOs elections are gong to be interesting under this new model?

Javier Rua-Jovet (ALAC):Sorry I just saw slides on website thx

Vanda Scartezini:Eduardo as we talked during Hyderabad I beleive that proposal for LACRALo could be an interesting approach.. will share again with you if you not remember that coffee conversation

McTim:What we intend is to make RALO election less interesting ;-)

Seun Ojedeji:Okay i think this slides is highly summed up to really understand what its trying to communicate. Would really suggest a share of the main report so one can understand the details of this. The proposed ALMS seem to imply At-Large work is just around GNSO PDP. Secondly it seem the summary implies ALAC reduced to 10members

McTim:Hi seun

Seun Ojedeji:@Alan refers to a report, was it shared on the list? I may have missed it please

McTim:ALAC still 15 people, 10 from regions and 5 from NomCom

McTim:as in status quo

Seun Ojedeji:Ah okay thanks McTim

Seun Ojedeji:that will be a great idea

Seun Ojedeji:looking forward to the google docs url

Maureen Hilyard:But Nom Com members are the liaisons? again are they regionally distributed?

McTim:15 memebers of ALAC still, no change

Alan Greenberg:@Seun, the report is attatched to agenda item 2

McTim:5 Liaisons means more feeedback to and from other parts of ICANN besides GNSO

Lars Hoffmann:The Report is also on the wiki https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_sZvDAw&d=DgIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=Pu7nh4uUqeTdtbfcoECo2egky45Pf7UDKnM_4ccvw8M&s=TVYQxSRvRNCF-18WX6SYZu2YTR8-D6uLrwFxMWVrxKo&e=

Alberto Soto:With more time we can read the document...

Seun Ojedeji:Thanks

Alberto Soto:In LACRALO we have the change to vote more than a year ago

Eduardo Diaz: I think having just members (instead of just ALSs) will positivelly change the current elections dynamics in the RALOs. We need to have more discussions on this empowered membership model.  At this point I am not sure I understand all the implications this model will bring to ALAC .

Holly Raiche:@ Ed - this is just the first meeting - of course, we will need more input and discussion

Seun Ojedeji:@Eduardo i think members and ALSs would not make much meaning without understanding what you/we mean by members

Olivier Crépin-Leblond:how long do we have to read the report until the next call?

Vanda Scartezini:+ 1 Cheryl we need a longer call before go public

Kaili Kan:Sorry that my other meeting of CCT-RT has just started.   I will have to leave.  Bye!

Ariel Liang:@OCL and All - the next call for the WP is planned on 14 Dec

Alberto Soto:It does not seem like we had initial time to read

Holly Raiche:Thanks Keili

Ariel Liang:Doodle will be out soon

Alberto Soto:This first meeting did not have enough time, it seems an imposition

Olivier Crépin-Leblond:thx Ariel

Vanda Scartezini:thank you better to have longer call on 14th

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):use the Google doc as the primary though

Vanda Scartezini:+ 1 Alan

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):agree Alan

Vanda Scartezini:thank you all kisses

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):google doc link ASAP

Javier Rua Jovet:Bye to all and happy IGFing to all that made it to Mexico Lindo!

Javier Rua Jovet:(Bautiful Mexico)

Alberto Soto:thanks, bye!!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):BYE thx

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, All.

Seun Ojedeji:bye

• No labels