Terri Agnew:Welcome to the At-Large Review Working Party and ITEMS call held on Wednesday, 07 September 2016 at 20:30 UTC

Terri Agnew:agenda wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/1hmsAw

McTim:morning ladies

Holly Raiche:Morning all

Glenn McKnight:excuse me McTim

VANDA:holiday today here

VANDA:hi all !!!

VANDA:afternoon here...

Heidi Ullrich:Hi All!

VANDA:the para olimpics overture will start in 45 minutes....

VANDA:well... I am the lluck one normally my calls are in the middle of the day...

VANDA:i do not know .. haven't heard ....

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I am muted now

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):xo not me

Holly Raiche:@ Vanda - how do you do it

VANDA:do what holly?

McTim:The AFRALO call finished over an hour ago, i was on it

John Laprise:Hi all...will be here only for 30 mins.

VANDA:lots of noise....

McTim:lots

Maureen Hilyard:@Alan.. thats what is sounds like!

Alan Greenberg:I strive for accuracy!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):OR  Terri cn  mute the noisy line

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Hi Nic 

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Nick sorry to short without the k

Holly Raiche:There is still noice

Alan Greenberg:QUite spectacular background noises!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Terri can mute them when she tracks the lines down

VANDA:hi Rosa, hi Nick!!!!

Ariel Liang:survey draft as distributed by Lars earlier: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Bw3YcL5IANGT7Z4abIdQ6Dz08Jp4Y_pdGp4h5sQRz7o/edit

Aída Noblia:Hi all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Hi Aida

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Thanks for sorting the line noise out Terri *hug*

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Hi Tom loud nd clear

VANDA:hi Aida - como estas?

Maureen Hilyard:I se lots of multiple choice which would take up space for each question..

Maureen Hilyard:So it wouldn't take long to fill 26 pages

John Laprise:Is there a reason for not using something like a standard (and unifrom) 5 point likert scale for the preference questions. I also noted that in places the language is not symmetric across the the choices.

Terri Agnew:everyone can scroll themselves

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Does Tom want to take us through  with him in control  rther thsn us having to be told what page to go to>  OR  someone needs to tell us wjat page to scroll to

John Laprise:for instance 2.3.2: strongly agree; somewhat agree; somewhat disagree; strongly disagree

Terri Agnew:Welcome Le-Marie Thompson

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Question noted John

Ariel Liang:the structure of the survey that Tom is explaining is on page 2 of the google doc

John Laprise:I'd actually add an "agree" and "disagree" to make it six point

John Laprise:example of answer asymmetry: 2.3.5: excellent, good, poor, terrible (?)

John Laprise:1.1.8: no "somewhat active"? it goes from moderate to inactive

Lars Hoffmann:@john.

Lars Hoffmann:could you hold your comments on the doucment until after the call and maybe add the diretly to the google doc? that would make it much easier for all to make sure nothing is overlooked

John Laprise:1.1.9 what if someone is holding a position presently and in the past

John Laprise:sorry lars...unfortunately I'm on the call for 30 mins only :(

Lars Hoffmann:you can comment all day today/tomorrow on the online doc

John Laprise:I'll hold

Lars Hoffmann:if that does not work for you, john ,please do comment here. it would just be much easier for ITEMS as i said

Holly Raiche:@ Lars - and everyone.  I"m hpayy to have comments in the chat - they are recorded and can be addressed.  If there is time after Tom's presentation, thre can be a response, but if not, we will have a record that the ITEMS team will have and will consider.  So as long as people are happy not to have a response to the chat immediately, it's a good recordof responses

John Laprise:Will do...I'll comment in the doc

Holly Raiche:@ John - and yes comment in the document as well

John Laprise:OK holly, I'll do both :)

John Laprise:3.6: language should use regular terminology e.g. fluent, native speaker...

Ariel Liang:The online survey tool: https://goo.gl/forms/DXpqPjsf9LkFAa7i2

Ariel Liang:Please feel free to play with it

John Laprise:3.3: low, middle, high income will not tell us much in a global frame

VANDA:I agree with John on language. misinterpretation is common in not  native  trasnlations. I am doing some surveys in LAC region and I am feeling the problem and I am doing direct calls , so have chance to make it clearer to the intervewer

John Laprise:3.2: transgendered?

John Laprise:2.3.8 perhaps ranking the items in order of importance?

Terri Agnew:Welcome Tijani Ben Jemaa

John Laprise:Sorry all must run: I'll add to the doc inline later.

Holly Raiche:Ariel - what about having a wiki so that everyone can put any further commentson it - and see what othershave said.  And then send a link to the whole WP to the llink?

Aída Noblia:Bien Vanda y tú?

Holly Raiche:Thanks John

Heidi Ullrich:@Holly, I believe the idea is for the Members of the WP to comment directly on the Google doc. The list is above

VANDA:ok will do so., at Doc itself.

Lars Hoffmann:@holly - i think a wiki seems too much and inefficient.

Maureen Hilyard:I think it would be more convenient for the ITEMS team to have them on the doc itself - as John is going to do which will be quite helpful I think

Heidi Ullrich:Making comments in the chat and on a wiki page will be extra work for staff and ITEMs.

Holly Raiche:@Heidi - okay.  But if peoplee have trouble with the doc - as Alan did. (but realise comments shouldn't be all over the place

Lars Hoffmann:comments can be made directly on the google doc or here in the chat. with a strong prefercne for the former

Holly Raiche:Thanks  Lars

Heidi Ullrich:The new version includes clear instructions on how to make comments.

Heidi Ullrich:Including clicking on 'comment' once you have finished your remark.

Holly Raiche:@ Heidi - rue enough - but some people's connection can be flaky....

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Please confir what page Tom is on

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):herr we are does not help id WE have scroll contol

Aída Noblia:16

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):2.2.5 is on page 19

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Time ceck Tom, can I urge you to be *very* concise and "high level" please

Holly Raiche:Just a suggestion - for quection 2.3.1 - maybe have people number the options from 1 to whatever

Glenn McKnight:I noticed  two questions on the 2008  review  recommendations,  Perhaps  add a link to the  recommendations.  If you don't know the  results of the  previous  review  you can't answer these questions

VANDA:those persons are faily distributed around the owrld?

Maureen Hilyard:@Cheryl and similarly for the question on the Summit I in Mexico - re recommendations

Maureen Hilyard:and Summit II in London

McTim:sure that would be better

Aída Noblia:No tengo claro si nosotros respondemos las preguntas o si debemos circular la encuesta a otras personas

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Agree Maureen

VANDA:Aida. si nossotros respondemos y puede ser bueno, se posible discutir con los demas adentro de nuestras ALSs

Aída Noblia:gracias Vanda, cada uno en su ALS. Gracias

VANDA:Aida. claro que debemso incentivar todos en nuestra region que respondan a la survey

Rosa Delgado:Concerning the survey translations, are we going (review team) to have the time to revise translations (FR,SP)?

Lars Hoffmann:@rosa - transliation will be done by icann translation services. so no need to revise translations. as long as the english is finite.

Aída Noblia:el plazo  para que respondn las ALS de la región es bastante corto

VANDA:Rosa understood that will not be in protuguese, right? i do not beleive all ALS here needed anyway

Rosa Delgado:Are we lauching the survey in several languages?

VANDA:have nice time all

Lars Hoffmann:@rosa - no the non-english version will be launched about 2-3 days later.

VANDA:gracais!

Aída Noblia:Buenos días tardes buenas noches a todos- gracias

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Bye all

• No labels