Meeting duration: 50min
Meeting venue: ICANN51 in LA
Mercy, Beran, fatimata, barrack, Seun, Micheal, Aziz
Apologies: Tijani, Mwendwa
There are couple of open ICANN leadership positions and some needs to be filled by the Africans. Based on the time-line for this task-force, the final strategy document needs to be ready for presentation to AFRALO leadership by end of this month.
Areas to capture in the strategy recommendation document include:
- How to make awareness through the Africa region ALSes
- Possibility of the making outreaches through targeted communication avenues like the mailing list, physical presence in regional meetings
- How to directly search and hand-pick/identify naturally motivated individuals
- Ways to motivate individuals which could include using existing/previous Africa leaders in ICANN to motivate others.
- Ways to use the business opportunities in ICANN(domain name business) to attract people's interest and bring value to the open positions
- Fatimata to share the NOMCOM presentation document for ICANN leadership positions
- Staff to share a doodle to determine the next 2 meeting times for the month
- Drafting committee includes Barrack, Tijani and Mercy (Barrack chairing the committee)
- Aziz to do the translation of the draft document
- Drafting team set-up draft document on G-docs - first draft to be available by 17th of this month