Gisella Gruber:Welcome to the Joint Board Candidate Evaluation Committee (BCEC) and Board Member Selection Process Committee (BMSPC) Working Group call on Wednesday 10 September 2014 at 1300 UTC
  Gisella Gruber:Draft agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/kQzxAg
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi Gisella   No sound yet.? Am I getting a dialout for this meeting?
  Maureen Hilyard:Am on phone call now thanks
  Roberto:Hi, all
  Maureen Hilyard:Yes we can hear you Tijani
  Alan Greenberg:I am on bridge now.
  Gisella Gruber:We are reconnecting AC audio
  Gisella Gruber:apologies for the delay
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello All
  Gisella Gruber:Welcome Dev
  Roberto:In the BCEC we had only one member that was not active, the problem arose only in the case that the other member from the same region could not attend. Luckily it never happened.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:can we have scroll control on the doc?
  Gisella Gruber:@ Cheryl - you can scroll
  Gisella Gruber:Welcome Jordi
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thx
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:thanks
  Jordi Iparraguirre:apologies for being late, it s office hours here..
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:what WE propose  makes t clear for the future
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:In OUR biased veiw of course
  Gisella Gruber:Murray has joined the call
  Murray McKercher (in Toronto):sorry I am late
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:EXACTLY  that is an ESSENTIAL point
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: our new text  catches  that
  Alan Greenberg:Yes, we did consult, and had MUCH discussion in the group at that time.
  Murray McKercher (in Toronto):Excuse me if this is a question from apoint of ignorance, however, are there not rules that this group could adopt from another governance group in ICANN, or os this indeed a "new" process?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:We aussies are not the onlkky oines  to use this  but  TRANSARANCY is lso key then
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sorry  about the typos
  Andrew Mack:Predictability is a good thing
  Andrew Mack:Question: what about people who ask not to name a second choice?
  Alan Greenberg:NOTE it is not just what Cheryl and I are proposing. It is whet the At-Large group that established the process decided upon.
  Alan Greenberg:If we are going to reopen the issue, we are going to have to go to At-Large again. Do we really wantto revisit that?????
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:INdeed Alan  
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and Hel no to the reopening  issue
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes  thus our use of references  like  Wikipaedia   in our document  that is as close to plain language as you cxan get ion these things
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Alan's and Cheryl's recommendations appear appropriate. Also, Andrew's suggestion of making this easy to understand for At-Large is crucial. It may be some infographics are needed to illustrate the concept.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:agree  these days infographics are around and VERY useful
  Gisella Gruber:Maureen has lost internet connection but still on the phone bridge
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:NO  Tijiani   IF change is desired  on THIS  one  exercise  it is up to all of At-Large (or even wider community  to discuss and decide NOT the ALAC
  Gisella Gruber:Siranush has joined the call - welcome
  Gisella Gruber:And Heidi has joined the call
  Siranush Vardanyan:sorry for late arrival, just back from US Embassy
  Andrew Mack:team, I unfortunately need to leave in 5 minutes.  are there any other issues on which we want the team to weigh in on that I can contribute, or are we sticking with the election issue for the rest of the call?
  Siranush Vardanyan:with received visa:)
  Roberto:Good, Siranush!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:excellent Siranush
  Siranush Vardanyan:thanks, Roberto and Cheryl
  Andrew Mack:need to go team.  good luck with the rest of the call...
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:take care, Andrew
  Fatimata:Bye Andrew
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Re-reading the suggestions for RoP, perhaps what could make it easier to understand, would be to reorder in sequence of the number of candidates remaining
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:So 19..11.2 is the situation for one candidate, then the next rule deals with two candidates, then the next rule deals with 3 candidates
  Murray McKercher (in Toronto):I must leave the call for another in 5 minutes, but will review the transcript and associated documents
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi all been offline because of local outage, but agree with the conversation which I have been following on the phone bridge about the process having clear guidelines, is consistent and as Olivier said is "as painless as possible" :)
  Jordi Iparraguirre:some are corner cases. as far as voting procedures are public , procedire committee can decide in cases not cleared by rules
  Heidi Ullrich:Could there be text that the process starts after the first meeting but no later than the second meeting?
  Jordi Iparraguirre:better say a month, not a meeting
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:A challenge for a conferenece call with candidates is while desirable, is the timing of the call if there are more than 3 candidates on the Final Candidate list.
  Roberto:I will email the team and explain the cases in which we had confidentiality problems
  Fatimata:I agree with Roberto about the importance of the 360 evaluation.  It can help a lot during the selection process of a candidate who is asking for re-selection
  Jordi Iparraguirre:agree
  Roberto:@Alan: I have heard that as well, but I still believe that we have to build our procedures being independent from what the Board will decide to do in the future
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:;-) Perhaps the tech used for nomcom for processing applications could be used instead of the wiki (assuming the methodology of the Nomcom works well)
  Heidi Ullrich:Have a good holiday, Alan!
  Heidi Ullrich:Bye, All
  Roberto:Bye all
  Jordi Iparraguirre:great work, thanks!
  Fatimata:Thank you Tijani and all
  Fatimata:Bye
  Siranush Vardanyan:thank you all and bye
  Maureen Hilyard:thanks Tijani, Cheryl and Alan...
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks to everyone
  Maureen Hilyard:Bye all
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Take care all

• No labels

For comments, suggestions, or technical support, please email: program-admin@atlarge.icann.org
© 2016 Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers