Julia Charvolen:Welcome all to the At-Large Briefing Session on the Community Regional Outreach Pilot Program (CROPP) on Friday 13 December 2013 at 1500 UTC
  Julia Charvolen:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/ujGfAg
  Leon Sanchez:Hello Heidi! Hello Julia!
  Julia Charvolen:Hello Leon
  Leon Sanchez:I will have to leave early so I apologize in advance
  Leon Sanchez:Hello Olivier
  Leon Sanchez:Hi Dev
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone
  Natalia Enciso:Hello
  Gordon Chillcott:Hi, there.
  Alberto Soto:Hello everyone!!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Still in South Africa, Leon?
  Siranush Vardanyan:hello, everyone
  Oksana Prykhodko:Hi, everybody!
  Allan Skuce:Greetings.
  Leon Sanchez:@Dev yes, still in South Africa. I will be traveling back home on sunday
  Glenn McKnight:Hi
  Glenn McKnight:Alan  we started a list of  North American events  in the wiki
  Glenn McKnight:The  CES  show is in January and it's too late  but  Evan and I suggested the  NTEN  conference in Washington
  Glenn McKnight:Problem it has  a $799 registration fee
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:and the PDF showing the Travel Request Form :https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/43987386/At-Large-Travel-Request-Form.pdf
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi All, Glad you could join this Briefing Session
  Fatima Cambronero:hello everyone
  Glenn McKnight:Did you say until  June  2014?
  Ali AlMeshal:hi to all
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:and the roll call Olivier?
  Juan Manuel Rojas P:Dear Staff, May you call me please?
  Julia Charvolen:Dear Juan, we are dialing out to you
  Juan Manuel Rojas P:Thanks
  Julia Charvolen:@ Juan - We are getting your voice mail
  Juan Manuel Rojas P:OMG.. I am hang up but it doesnt hear anything.
  Julia Charvolen:@ Juan - You are on the phone bridge now
  Glenn McKnight:I assume it  doesn't cover  a  exhibitor  space at an event  either?
  Heidi Ullrich:HI Glenn, no, the CROPP program does not cover logistical aspects of a conference.
  Oksana Prykhodko:Does it cover national non-ICANN IG events - for example, Internet Safer Day?
  Siranush Vardanyan:I received a question from one of the ALSs in Armenia, is APRICOT 2014 in Asia Pacific can be considered as a regional event for Armenian participant to apply with the travel request or it is considered not close location and if yes, and the event is more than 2days, how the rest of excpenses will be covered? thanks
  Fatima Cambronero:@Dev, Brazil meeting is covered?
  Heidi Ullrich:@Glenn, yes, ICANN can provide brochures/documents
  Glenn McKnight:Heidi   can you send  me  more  brochures.  How about the  NARALo  banner.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:5 travellers PER REGION
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:to 25 people in total for all of At-Large
  Heidi Ullrich:@Glenn, please send staff your request, including the numbers of brochures and the date by which you need them
  Siranush Vardanyan:@ Dev, please, I posted a question here, as I am only via adobe, can you cover it?: I received a question from one of the ALSs in Armenia, is APRICOT 2014 in Asia Pacific can be considered as a regional event for Armenian participant to apply with the travel request or it is considered not close location and if yes, and the event is more than 2days, how the rest of excpenses will be covered? thanks
  Fatima Cambronero:thanks @Dev, I understand
  Siranush Vardanyan:thanks, Ali:)
  Siranush Vardanyan:Armenia is within APRALO
  Siranush Vardanyan:APRALO
  Siranush Vardanyan:yes, same region
  Siranush Vardanyan:thanks, Dev
  Siranush Vardanyan:yes, thaks a lot
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:The "same region" requirement would thereforenot cover Armenian representatives at EURODIG
  Siranush Vardanyan:yes, Olivier, thanks, understandable
  Avri Doria:Only a RALO can determine is something may come from an ALS.
  Avri Doria:How many RALO's would not allow a request to originate in the ALS?
  Alberto Soto:I agree whit Tijani
  Fatima Cambronero:@Tijani in Brazil we have few ALSs
  Juan Manuel Rojas P:Then CROPP only apply to ALS events? It is to do RALO Outreach but not ICANN Outreach, not make sense.. I'm lost.
  Julia Charvolen:Please mute your lines (*6 to mute and *7 to unmute) / microphones if you are not sepaking, thank you
  Rob Hoggarth:Hi everyone.  Sorry I joined late from another call.  Have heard Dev's presentation since about 14 mins in.  he is doing a great job describing the process and answering questions.  really glad to hear all of you engaged on this topic.  This pilot program is a real learning process for all of us and we appreciate your focus and interest in taking the process seriously and being creative about solutions that will benefit your communities.
  Siranush Vardanyan:really helpful, Cheryl, thanks
  Julia Charvolen:Apologies Dev
  Alberto Soto:Dev, mentioned before 6 weeks and now 8. Who is right? This leaves us little time ...
  Fatima Cambronero:8 weeks
  Glenn McKnight:This  means  that  events  need to be  booked and completed for  March, April May or June
  Glenn McKnight:I would suggest to ALAC  members to look at attending  in their region either  ARIN, RIPE  etc   the have two or three events.   ARIN is in Chicago this year  
  Glenn McKnight:I will ask them for  free registration and a exhibitor  table
  Glenn McKnight:They also do a  ARIN on the Roadshow across the US
  Oksana Prykhodko:Great job, Dev!
  Glenn McKnight:If  we  ask the event organizers  for  space , small table etc they are very accomodating   Recently we did the  IP Summit in Toronto catering to over 400 attendees across Canada and we had  brochures in each swag bag for  ISOC  Canada not  NARALO, didn't have any brochures  and it was before this  pilot
  Oksana Prykhodko:Have I send anything to staff?
  Juan Manuel Rojas P:I imagine that all travelers must write an report about their travel as evidence.
  Heidi Ullrich:@Oksana, at this point, no. Rob Hoggarth has your information.
  Oksana Prykhodko:Thank you, Heidi
  Juan Manuel Rojas P:@Dev, Antonio Medina has a question.
  Alberto Soto:Thanks Dev!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:@Glen,  yes re the RIR Meetings in a Region...  Note the APRICOT Meeting mentioned earlier *is* the Annual Regional meeting that is a main RIR  one as well... But yes if a Region can "get a good deal" re any Rego cost etc., for a CROPP planned event of course that would be excellent...As would I assume be partial funding for additiona، nights accomodation etc.,  to complement CROPP supported event that lasts longer than 2 nights...
  Glenn McKnight:@ Alan  I am looking at the page to complete  a suggested trip for NTEN  but  I don't have edit rights
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I have pointed out how this timingfor the pilot disantages APRALO  as APRICOT is so early in Feb and the  Regional IGF is beyond pilot project end in June
  Glenn McKnight:@Alan   I have the details for  NTEN for you
  Julia Charvolen:@ Oksana - we are redialing out to you
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:So APRALO  will have to be clever in its event choice(s) as we do want the pilot to succed and inclusive of our Region
  Siranush Vardanyan:agree with you, Cheryl, related to disadvantages for APRALO for one of the main events in the region (APRICOT), almost no time left for applying to it
  Oksana Prykhodko:thanks a lot!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed... @Siranush
  Gordon Chillcott:Thanks, Dev!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Siranush  we should ensure this matter is on the APRALO Meeting Agenda next week  
  Siranush Vardanyan:ok, Cheryl
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks
  Siranush Vardanyan:thanks everyone and bye
  Alberto Soto:Thanks! Greetings to all!
  Ali AlMeshal:thanks to all
  Oksana Prykhodko:Thank you, bye!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks everyone, take care all
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye
  Fatima Cambronero:thanks everyone. Bye
  Johnny Laureano:bye
  Aida Noblia:Thanks. Bye.