NCUC ExComm Elections Results
Chair: Bruna Santos
Louise Marie Hurel - EU
Ines Hfaideh - AF
Antonella Perini - LAC
David Cake - APAC
Michael Karanicolas - NA
Meet the Candidate Call | 21 Oct 2018 at 20:00 UTC: https://participate.icann.org/ncuc
AC Recording | MP3 | AC Chat | Attendance
The positions to be filled are:
Biographies on the current members are available from https://www.ncuc.org/bylaws/leadership/
NCUC EC really needs committed volunteers who are willing to donate a few hours a week to collaboration in order to help ensure that civil society's voice is heard in ICANN. The EC’s responsibilities are administrative management, in-reach and outreach, and interfacing with ICANN’s staff and community as needed. NCUC Chair has also several duties and roles to fulfil. If you think that you or someone you know would be well suited to the tasks involved, then please consider nominating accordingly.
We will conduct a quick check-in process to build the voter list, similar to the process done for NCSG election. The process is ongoing. You just need to respond to the email to be considered as active and added to the voters' list. We are targeting those who didn't check-in for this year NCSG election, those who already checked-in for that election will be in the NCUC voters list for 2018.
if you would like to correct the current email address in our database in order for staff to send you a ballot. So within the next couple weeks, Maryam Bakoshi will send mail to every address in our database asking for a reply email confirming that it is the valid address for the individual member or organizational representative listed at http://www.ncuc.org/about/members/. Please make sure that her message does not get lost in a spam filter. the email address would be: email@example.com
III. Candidate Statements
For the statement, the nominated candidate should answer:
* Name, declared region of residence, gender and employment;
* Any conflicts of interest;
The statements should be relatively concise, e.g. a couple paragraphs per question
IV. "Meet the Candidates” Virtual Meeting?
In the week prior to the voting period, we will organize a conf call for the membership to ask candidates. The candidates conf call is scheduled for 20 or 21 Oct 2018.
The vote is weighted in NCUC and as indicated in current NCUC bylaws (http://www.ncuc.org/governance/bylaws/ Article VI voting): individual:1, small:2, large:4
VI. Election Timeline
VII. Ballot: TBD
1. For all positions, please select 1 candidate only; if you select more than 1 your vote won’t be counted
2. You can change your vote until the deadline on 08 October 2018, 23:59 UTC. Only the last selection will be counted.
3. You can vote for all Executive Committee positions regardless of what region you are in.
4. If you don't select any choice for a seat, the vote for that seat will be counted as zero.
5. You will receive several reminders during the election with the same link to your ballot. The weight of your vote is indicated in the ballot (1 for individual, 2 for small organisation and 4 for large organisation).
6. The candidate with the most votes wins. If the abstention count is greater than any candidate for a seat, the seat will remain vacant.
Thank you for participating in NCUC!