Attendees: 

Sub-group Members:   Cheryl Langdon-Orr, David McAuley, Erich Schweighofer, Glenn McKnight, Griffin Barnett, Herb Waye, Isabel Rutherfurd, Janet Shih Hajek, Kavouss Arasteh, Matthew Shears, Niels ten Oever, Robin Gross, Tatiana Tropina   (13)

Observers/Guests:  Collin Kurre, Mark Carvell   (2)

ICANN Org:  Bernard Turcotte, Brenda Brewer, Elizabeth Andrews, Kimberly Carlson

Apologies:   Bastiaan Goslings, Greg Shatan,  Brett Schaefer, Markus Kummer, Anne Aikman-Scalese, Rudi Daniel

** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to acct-staff@icann.org **

Transcript

Recording

Agenda

1. Administrivia Roll call, absentees, SoIs, etc

2. Review proposed change by drafting team

3. Discussion approach to statement to CCWG

4. AOB

Documents

Raw Caption Notes

Disclaimer:  This rough edit transcript, which may contain missing, misspelled or paraphrased words, is only provided for your immediate review and is not certified as verbatim and is not to be cited in any way. 

Decisions:

• The modifications proposed by the drafting team were not supported and as such are rejected. The original text used in the public consultation will be used.

Action Items:

• NTO and Staff will draft a transmission note to the CCWG-Accountability-WS2 for submitting the final report for a first reading including the tracking of decisions vs comments made in the public consultation.

Requests:

• (none)

Chat Transcript

Brenda Brewer: (8/15/2017 13:33) Good day and welcome to WS2 Human Rights Subgroup Meeting #30 on 15 August 2017 @ 19:00 UTC!

Brenda Brewer: (13:33) If you are not speaking, please mute your phone by pressing *6 (star 6).  This call is recorded.

Brenda Brewer: (13:33) Reminder to all, please speak slowly and state your name before speaking for the Captioner.  Thank you!

kavouss Arasteh: (13:48) Dear Faithful to CCWG, bREDA

Brenda Brewer: (13:48) Hello Kavouss!

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (13:54) Hello all

Glenn McKnight: (13:56) HI

Glenn McKnight: (13:56) I don't hear anything

Glenn McKnight: (13:56) checking speakers etc

Glenn McKnight: (13:58) no sound

Glenn McKnight: (13:58) going to phone in via adigo

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:59) brenda am I still on dial out or will I connect now?

d: (13:59) d = David McAuley, dialing in

Brenda Brewer: (13:59) Calling you now Cheryl

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (13:59) thx

Glenn McKnight: (14:00) muted

Glenn McKnight: (14:00) Anyone going to the IETF meeting in Singapore I know that Niels did a session last session

Glenn McKnight: (14:00) I am muted

Tatiana Tropina: (14:00) Hi all

Glenn McKnight: (14:01) hi all

Glenn McKnight: (14:01) wow lots of meetings

Tatiana Tropina: (14:01) For the record as there was a dicsussion as to which constituency I am - I am NCUC.

Glenn McKnight: (14:01) @all i looked at the IGF Geneva and the most points for sessions was on Human Rights

Tatiana Tropina: (14:02) we have apologies from Anne, too

Tatiana Tropina: (14:02) (they just arrived to the list)

Glenn McKnight: (14:03) no update

Niels ten Oever: (14:04) https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_news_announcement-2D2017-2D08-2D15-2Den&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=kbiQDH54980u4nTPfwdloDLY6-6F24x0ArAvhdeDvvc&m=HpVFC8wHJ8s0DPOBdZrIJB4iCWGB-gClmIQAfsLdmzE&s=nGHbTWN5gvxs2dlw4-qTDnNyQYs9oWW4vpTa-CIugCk&e=

kavouss Arasteh: (14:11) tATIANA AND OTHER MEMBERS OF THE TIME, MAY ONLY OBE OF SPEALKS

kavouss Arasteh: (14:13) Sorry for CAP

kavouss Arasteh: (14:15) niels, May I request that people be kindly short in their intervention.

kavouss Arasteh: (14:15) sOME PEOPLR TALED MORE THAN 5 MINTS

kavouss Arasteh: (14:15) wEé

kavouss Arasteh: (14:15) LL PREPARED, wELL OCOORDINATED

Tatiana Tropina: (14:18) well I was asked to explain the reasons behind the drafting team's work. I am sorry if it took longer.

Herb Waye Ombuds: (14:18) Must step away for 5 mintutes... brb

kavouss Arasteh: (14:19) iTHINK SETTING TIME LIMIT IS TO THE OFFICIAL MEMBERS OF THE GROUP ONLY

Tatiana Tropina: (14:19) I also never heard about 5 monutes rule for this group. Niels if this rule exists could you please be so kind to announce this at the beginning of each call. Thank you very much.

Tatiana Tropina: (14:19) Niels could you please clarify about 5 minutes rule so we end this conversaiton about timing?

kavouss Arasteh: (14:20) Yes but we could not monopolize the floorn

Glenn McKnight: (14:21) perhaps a timer

Glenn McKnight: (14:22) Why is HRIA not spelt out

Collin Kurre: (14:22) ^+1

Niels ten Oever: (14:22) Because it is spelled out earlier in the considerations document

kavouss Arasteh: (14:24) Sorry it is not against anybody<

kavouss Arasteh: (14:24)  I ONLY ASKED TO ESTABLISH THE 5B MINTS RULES

kavouss Arasteh: (14:24) nO PARTICULéAR OBJECTIVE

Glenn McKnight: (14:25) i agree the rules should be clear  and deployed  equally

Tatiana Tropina: (14:25) You did ask to establish it, you were imposing it.

kavouss Arasteh: (14:25) wE ARE ALL EQUAL

Tatiana Tropina: (14:25) Niels, I would like a clarification if the rule exists. Thanks.

kavouss Arasteh: (14:25) no differtence between any of us

Glenn McKnight: (14:25) Yes the chair has more access to the mic but not during an open mic

Tatiana Tropina: (14:26) The 5 minutes rule has not been established yet but I got bashed for speaking for more than 5 minutes already. I am considering submitting a complaint because there was a reference to me. I demand clarification if the rule existed before I got bashed.

Herb Waye Ombuds: (14:26) gotta run... violent thunder storms rolling through power flickering, shutting down electronics... may be back.

Glenn McKnight: (14:27) Nothing here Herb in Southern Ontario

Herb Waye Ombuds: (14:27) lucky... enjoy, monsoon here...

David McAuley: (14:28) on mute?

kavouss Arasteh: (14:28) iAM INTERUPPTED

kavouss Arasteh: (14:28) mY LINE IS INTERUUPTED

David McAuley: (14:28) yes

kavouss Arasteh: (14:28) iHEAR YOU WELL

kavouss Arasteh: (14:29) sORRY AGAIN FOR CAP

David McAuley: (14:30) Thanks Cheryl

Tatiana Tropina: (14:30) I was basically asked to give the reasons behind the document and as a feedback I got bashed. This is unacceptable. I wish the chair would make a direct intervention.

Tatiana Tropina: (14:30) What is initial text? FoI? I don't have problems with this.

David McAuley: (14:31) I agree

Tatiana Tropina: (14:31) I am fine with the text that was before public comments. I am not fine with the proposed text on the top of this page as I have no real idea where it came from. But initial text is ok.

Tatiana Tropina: (14:31) oh the page disappeared

Tatiana Tropina: (14:32) I agree with going back to initial text. So my support.

Niels ten Oever: (14:33) Thanks Tatiana

David McAuley: (14:34) That makes sense

Matthew Shears: (14:34) agree

kavouss Arasteh: (14:34) iSEE mARLK carwell on the list

Tatiana Tropina: (14:35) can we combine the two options?

Tatiana Tropina: (14:35) you and Bernie in consultation with teh drafting team?

David McAuley: (14:36) I can not participate in drafting team this coming week - on a special project taking most of my time

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:36) please do continue Nielsen

Mark Carvell UK GAC rep: (14:36) I'm observer listening - I would liek to consult internally and with Brazil and  Switzerland.

David McAuley: (14:36) no objection

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:37) agree

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:37) no

Tatiana Tropina: (14:38) Really? no supremacy? This is why I was personally attacked for speaking more than 5 min? Thanks of course. But I am still considering the complaint.

kavouss Arasteh: (14:38) Sorry IT WAS NOT ARTTACK

kavouss Arasteh: (14:38) pls acceopt that

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:38) bye for now then

David McAuley: (14:38) Thanks Niels and Bernie and Brenda and all, good bye

Glenn McKnight: (14:38) bye

Tatiana Tropina: (14:38) The ombudsman will decide if it was.

Tatiana Tropina: (14:38) bye all