The original proposal for ICANN funding
At-Large FY17 Budget Development Workspace
The NARALO meetings at the requested General Assembly will focus on three specific components:
Budget Proposal to FBSC
- How to better engage our ALSs – also known within ICANN as “inreach” – in a frank examination of expectations, program execution and community adhesion, we intend to deliver a one-day workshop intended to discover what needs to be done, both by ICANN and the NARALO community, to maximize volunteer participation, increase the ability to represent the best interests of end-users, as well as increase ICANN's “on the street” relevance.
- Policy briefings on critical ICANN issues intended to ensure that NARALO ALS representatives are adequately informed to educate their ALS memberships, and that they are better able to channel bottom-up end-user perspectives and ideas into the At-Large community’s policy debates. NARALO members have traditionally been the source of a large proportion of At-Large's policy initiatives, and such interactive briefings are intended to go beyond the traditional webinar, to maintain and enhance the capability for the NARALO community to sustain this momentum. .
- Leadership training, intended to educate NARALO ALSes about the complex workings inside ICANN, and develop a clear understanding of its role in the broader Internet Governance Ecosystem. As just one example, the current deluge of activity surrounding the transition of the IANA stewardship is mainly the realm of those who can follow it practically full-time, with multiple working groups and dozens (if not hundreds) of proposals in the air. It is our experience that many in the At-Large community do not understand much of what's going on or even the relevance. Awareness of both the processes and the path from idea to policy is a critical part of advancing the public interest within ICANN.
This agenda needs to be populated with key sessions for Attendees and then we can slot in a series of
|Time||Topic ||Facilitator||Curator Google Doc||Expected Results|
| ||Opening Session|| || ||Overview of expectations|
| ||ICANN ECOSYSTEM||Alan Greenberg|| || |
| ||ICANN Board||Ron Da Silva|| || |
| ||Policy and Policy Development||Robert H or Heidi U|| || |
| ||Overview of NARALO Strategic Plan-SWOT||Glenn McKnight|| || |
| ||Outreach and Engagement CROPP Strategy||Judith Hellerstein|| || |
| ||Break out sessions ( 30 minutes- Short overview and discussion, then reporting)|| || || |
| ||Accessibility||Sunish Gupta|| || |
| ||City TLD's||Tom L|| || |
| ||Right to Forget||Eduardo Díaz|| ||Summary document highlighting the important points to continue further discussions about this subject in the future|
| || || || || |
| || || || || |
Determine the topics
Sunish Gupta of VBUG
- suggestion a session on Accessibility
Alfredo Calderon of ISOC PR
- People with special needs, specifically Blind people and web pages design.
- Reaching university students to enhance exposure to "Startups" among next generation constituents.
- Successful Initiatives that have worked - preparing Tool Kits to share success.
- Database of experts - available to share experiences
| ||Sun April 2||Mon April 3||Tues April 4||Wed April 5|
|7-8||ARRIVAL|| || || |
Overview and Purpose
Organization of Topic Circles
|9-10|| ||ARIN||ARIN|| |
|10-11|| || || |
|11-12|| || || || |
|12-1|| ||LUNCH||LUNCH||LUNCH(Box Lunch)|
|1-2|| || || ||Circle(lighting) Reports|
|2-3||ARIN Newcomers|| || ||Next Steps|
|4-5|| || || || |
|5-6|| || || || |
|6-7|| ||ARIN |
ISOC SOCIAL EVENT