Members: Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Donna Austin, Eduardo Diaz, Greg Shatan, Jaap Akkerhuis, Jonathan Robinson, Maarten Simon, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Wanawit Ahkuputra (9)
Participants: Alan Greenberg, Chuck Gomes, Martin Boyle, Mary Uduma, Matthew Shears, Sabine Meyer, Sivasubramanian Muthusamy (7)
Legal Counsel: Rebecca Grapsas, Sharon Flanagan
Staff: Brenda Brewer, Grace Abuhamad, Kurt Rossler, Marika Konings, Nathalie Vergnolle, Samantha Eisner, Trang Nguyen, Yuko Green, Xavier Calvez
Apologies: Andrew Sullivan, Avri Doria, Seun Ojedeji, Paul Kane, Lise Fuhr, Phil Corwin
**Please let Brenda know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**
1. Status Update
2. Implementation Update
3. Key Issues (with Sidley)
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Board Code of Conduct
- Expected Standard of Behavior
4. Client Committee
1. Status Update
2. Implementation Update
3. Key Issues
Action (Chairs): CWG to submit Sidley's comments on the PTI Articles of Incorporation as part of the CWG's public comment submission.
Action (Sharon): Sidley to prepare a table of current issues in bylaws for CWG to resolve and / or respond to Public Comment on bylaws
Action: Greg to share the draft language on purpose with the CWG
Action (Greg for Client Committee): Request that Sidley review the PTI governance documents.
Action (ICANN): ICANN to provide redlines of the ICANN governance documents compared to the proposed PTI governance documents (since the PTI documents
are based off of ICANN documents).
Action (ICANN): Provide a table showing how comments on the RZERC charter are being addressed. To be discussed in more detail on next CWG call (19 July).
Action (Grace): Schedule meeting between Sidley, Names IPR reps and IETF Trust reps as soon as possible
4. Client Committee
Action (Brenda): Give ICANN implementation staff posting rights to the Client Com mailing list.
Brenda Brewer: (7/14/2016 09:45) Good day all and welcome to the CWG IANA Meeting #82 on 14 July @ 15:00 UTC!
Jonathan Robinson: (09:58) Hello All.
Jonathan Robinson: (09:58) Hear you loud and clear Martin
Greg Shatan: (09:59) Hello, everybody!
martin boyle, Nominet: (09:59) thanks Jonathan
Sabine Meyer (GAC - Germany): (09:59) Hello everyone
Maarten Simon, ccNSO: (10:02) Hello everyone. I wil be travelling part of the meeting and may only be able to listen
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (10:02) Hi all
Chuck Gomes: (10:04) Hello
Alan Greenberg: (10:04) I will have to leave for another meeting in 1 hour.
Matthew Shears: (10:27) on art 3 I thought the purpose of of the subsidiary was to perform the IANA functions pursuant to the inter-company contract established between ICANN and PTI
Matthew Shears: (10:30) agreed Jonathan
Alan Greenberg: (10:36) 4/5 implies 80% which is unanimity if there is a vacancy. Or it could be interpreted as all seated minmus 1.
Alan Greenberg: (10:38) Then it should not say 4/5 but 80%
Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:39) I'm ok with 80%
Samantha Eisner: (10:41) ICANN concurs with Sidley that we will need a small modification on that timing
Xavier Calvez: (10:43) Seems that you can not hear.
Donna Austin: (10:43) I can hear him.
Maarten Simon, ccNSO: (10:43) yes
Brenda Brewer: (10:43) Yes, we hear
Xavier Calvez: (10:44) I will just type.
Matthew Shears: (10:44) yes
martin boyle, Nominet: (10:44) Yes
Yuko Green: (10:44) I can hear you
Jaap Akkerhuis (SSAC): (10:44) Ian hear him yelling
Samantha Eisner: (10:44) me neither
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (10:44) no audio for me on phone
Greg Shatan: (10:44) I hear him giving all the money to the CWG.
Olivier Crépin-Leblond: (10:44) he only appears on AC
Olivier Crépin-Leblond: (10:45) it seems that the bridge has a problem, for some strange reason
Olivier Crépin-Leblond: (10:45) everyone else can be heard on both phone & AC but not Xavier....
Grace Abuhamad: (10:45) Xavier can you reload your AC?
Xavier Calvez: (10:46) I concur with Chuck. We are working on the draft of the adjusted planning process to meet the spirit of the CWG proposal , and will provide an updated planning timeline to the DT-O next week and finalize then.
Matthew Shears: (10:51) thanks
Chuck Gomes: (10:51) Thanks Xavier. Note that DT-O has a meeting scheduled for 20 July to address the PTI budget process.
Matthew Shears: (10:52) agree Greg - see my comment earlier in the chat
SivasubramanianM: (10:52) It would be symbolic and send a postive signal if PTI is moved outside outside California, perhaps to Switzerland or Singapore
Matthew Shears: (10:53) its defined by the intercomany agreement i would have thought
Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (10:53) yes - will be in the table
SivasubramanianM: (10:54) provided it does NOT make transition more complicated
Matthew Shears: (10:59) support Greg
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (10:59) getthe docs checked by Sidley it should not be honerous or complex
Matthew Shears: (10:59) yes
Maarten Simon, ccNSO: (10:59) +1
Alan Greenberg: (11:00) Have to leave now.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:01) bye ALAN
Sharon Flanagan (Sidley): (11:01) Redlines against ICANN models would be much appreciated
Greg Shatan: (11:02) Yes, that would help the review to be more efficient.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:06) Thx Sam
Samantha Eisner: (11:06) We'll have the redlines provided to Sidley
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:07) Great Trang today or tomorrow tracks well
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:13) its good practice to have them in Charters yes
Grace Abuhamad: (11:16) One moment Greg. Someone's line dropped and will fix it shortly
Grace Abuhamad: (11:17) we will *
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:20) Thx Greg
Grace Abuhamad: (11:23) I am ICANN Staff and I post on the Client Com list :)
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:24) All good from me for posting rights
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:25) nothing more to add
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (11:27) Good call thx everyone, talk next week then bye for now
Chuck Gomes: (11:27) Thanks all.
Mary Uduma: (11:27) Thank you all and bye
Matthew Shears: (11:27) thanks
Jaap Akkerhuis (SSAC): (11:27) Bye all
Greg Shatan: (11:27) Bye all!
martin boyle, Nominet: (11:27) thanks, bye
Maarten Simon, ccNSO: (11:27) bye