Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the At-Large Briefing on CWG on IANA Transition call held on Monday, 27 April 2015 at 19:00 UTC
  Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/iConAw
  Beran Gillen:hello everyone
  Yasuichi Kitamura@Washington, D.C.:hi, all
  Lise Fuhr:Hello all
  Alberto Soto:Hello everyone! From  Buenos Aires, I will wait for you!!
  Jimmy Schulz:Hello everyone
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Terri, can u make Adigo call me?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hi Alan
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Hello All!
  Gisella Gruber:@ Alberto - do you need a dial-out by the operator for the Spanish channel?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hi Jimmy
  Jimmy Schulz:Hi Cheryl
  Alberto Soto:@ Gisella, please! I can not by Adigo... My number 54 11 5368 1318, thanks!!
  Gisella Gruber:@ Alberto - we will call you now
  Gisella Gruber:@ Olivier - audio very bad
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:there is  sime distortion on OCL's  line  :-(
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hi Lise :-)
  Alberto Soto:@Gisella: Thanks, I´m online
  Gisella Gruber:@ Alberto - perfect
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Just to let you know my line dropped & Adigo called me again - so my line quality should have improved
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:you can akso select full screen option for the slides  upper right of the display Webinar pod
  Gisella Gruber:@ Olivier - thank you for the info
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:The slides can also be downloaded from the Webinar's agenda, under "Towards a Final proposal by Lise Fuhr (v3.0 23 April 2015)"
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Gisella, could you please enlarge what is being shown on screen? Thanks.
  Heidi Ullrich:@JJS, you can expand the screen to full screen by clicking on the four outward facing arrows at the top right of the slide pod.
  Gisella Gruber:@ Jean-Jacquues - you can select full screen on your computer (top right)
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Heidi & Gisella: yes, done that, but some small print remains unreadable. Thanks.
  Alan Greenberg:@JJS, presentation linked to from the agenda. You can download it and look at it locally.
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:thanks.
  Alan Greenberg:https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/52898440/Lise%20Fuhr%20Webinar%20slides.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1430139466072&api=v2
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Reminder of Agenda Page link: https://community.icann.org/x/iConAw
  Seun Ojedeji:Hello everyone
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:And PLEASE  do use the template  for the PC responses from yourselves, your ALSes  or RALO's   the ALAC will of course do so ;=)
  a:Going into the template is a diversion. Stick to the proposal and questions.
  Jimmy Schulz:But don´t forget to show the template pls
  Gisella Gruber:Reminder to please state your names for transcription purposes as well as our interpreters on the French and Spanish channels
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:It is more in line with the current AOC mandated  RT's  iun this way  EXACTLY   @Lise
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Lise, thanks for the additional explanation. I beg to differ, as I think underlining the "legal separation" would have symbolic value.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Of course  if thre ius an unresolvable issue that is escalated up and triggers a review it can happen at greater frequency that the "at least every 5 years"
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Agree @Alan
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Tijani, interesting point.
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Lisa, it does not seem that CSC  would have "board" status...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Nor should it  @JJS  
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Cheryl: naturally, but this is to answer Tijani's point about governance.
  Seun Ojedeji:I guess the direction arrow implies ICANN could independently task PTI beyond scope without IRF reccommendation, not sure that was the intent, however if it is, i guess there will be a ccwg mechanism to remedy that.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I do not see that there is a Governance Model,  because of the Accountability  matters that have been outlined
  Alan Greenberg:It would have been nice to have had a specific Board composition recommended, but we didn't make it.
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Alan: thanks. That's actually the real sociological reason.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Exactly @as Lise says  the PTI needs to be a VERY lightweight  Board...
  Alan Greenberg:Exactly HOW light-weight is still to be determined.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I thought  the work of DT-C M and ?L   was it  would  still continue  as a matter of developing this in the next phase...  @Alan
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Alan: and some would be delighted if it was built so light that it would be insignificant...
  Seun Ojedeji:One of the point raised within the CWG was that the overall role of PTI could to some extent determine what the composition will look like
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Olivier: yes, a diagram of possible escalation would be useful.
  Alan Greenberg:@jjs. Understood. I am one of those who do not understand or support the ultra-light-weight concept.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:back now  you dropped for a moment I think...
  a:Alan, what is ultra-light-weight in this proposal?
  Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Alan: that's exactly the point. And if we don't call for this level of oversight, it won't happen automatically later on.
  Alan Greenberg:Not in the proposal, not yet decided, but the IT is the PTI Board.
  Alan Greenberg:Whois is "a"
  Gisella Gruber:A = Alejando Pisanty
  Gisella Gruber:Alejandro sorry!
  a:I apologize
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Particulalry with the IF  the INDEPENDANCE  there  is essential!
  Grace Abuhamad:Public Comment page: https://www.icann.org/public-comments/cwg-stewardship-draft-proposal-2015-04-22-en
  Seun Ojedeji:Not the same community but its also expected that the groups will be filled by members of the ICANN community...although posibility of extending that beyound ICANN community was also raised within the CWG...still work in progress
  a:but Alan, NOTHING  is light-weight in this proposal
  Alan Greenberg:Well, not nearly as heavy-weight as its predecessor!  
  Yasuichi Kitamura@Washington, D.C.:what is the superior part of the CWG proposal to the number community or to the protocol community? just wondering.  sorry for my simple wondering.
  a:meager consolaton, Alan
  Yasuichi Kitamura@Washington, D.C.:espeically for the naming comminity....
  Seun Ojedeji:@a i think that could depend on how things gets further streamlined....you may also notice that a functional seperaiton was mentioned in the proposal so it may be possible that this could infact be an option. However there was more support towards the legal seperation within the CWG but noting is cast-in-stone yet, so the community could indeed make that happenduring the PC
  Alan Greenberg:Alejandro, I trust you know you can change your "a" if you wish - pull-down at top right of attendee box (unlesss you like being so terse!)
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:in my view the PTI  Board needs to be a s lan as possible ,  and not some duplication  of our larger MS- teams and Boards we create,  so  a small Board  min 3  and Max  1 from each  AC/SO + any Advisors ,   but if it gets  to  the 4,5 or 7  per entity the Accountability issues  created   are not IMO  worth it at all  so again I suport the LEANEST  possible  PTI Board  we can design  is essential
  Alan Greenberg:@CLO, a combination of sources of Board members can lend a bit of samity and lack of group-think, even if it is not a blaanced MS group.
  Alan Greenberg:samity = sanity
  Alan Greenberg:Perhaps we can sell ICANN to them!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I agree @Alan  that is the min of say 3-4 model  that I can live with
  Seun Ojedeji:does sources of board members mean ICANN board members?
  Alan Greenberg:PTI Board members
  Alan Greenberg: But one could reasonably come from ICANN Board
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed  @Alan
  Avri Doria:thatis one reason why i suggest that any further separation can only be done by a full CWG upon recommentation by the IFR team.
  Avri Doria:ie. further separation once initiated by the IFRT must be as hard as this step is being.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I agree @Avri  and as Lise says as a matter of onlky the most extreem and :Last Resort!
  Seun Ojedeji:i think its a good point CW and it will be good to have it on PC
  Alan Greenberg:We DO nned to ensure that IANA is not captured while WITHIN ICANN!
  Alan Greenberg:I think that is a much larger possibility
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:no Cast Iron  romises  can realistically be made  but our accountability measures  are as Lise says  is also essential here...   it woiuld take a Whole Community   our MS one  to instigate sucgh a 'seperation'
  Avri Doria:first there would be a 9 month IFR to decide that there was a problem serious enough for further separation.  and then, if my suggestion hholds, anddother group of the whole community would be charged with figuring out what to do.
  Avri Doria:anf that 'what to do' could posbile include further separation
  Avri Doria:5 years not 15
  Seun Ojedeji:@Tijani 2 years initially, then every 5 years
  Avri Doria:and if called for by CSC & the soac
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:@CW we can create s minimal risk and risk of capture mitigated  model  but not a caste Iron  promise,   BUT  the best efforts model  shiuld be resilliant enough to avoid  the matter ever happening  as long as we have a contunually engaged and interested  MS Community...  
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks  Lise... appreciate you making the effort to present to our At-Large Community...
  Seun Ojedeji:+1 to CLO
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes I did mention that in a chatr  earlier  @Avri  
  Lise Fuhr:bye all thank for your questions
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Bye  Lisa  --talk soon :-)
  Seun Ojedeji:Bye Lise....thanks
  Gisella Gruber:Thank you LIse
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Thanks very much Lise
  Seun Ojedeji:So the review is triggered by CSC but followed up by the SOs and not necessarily CSC escalating to IRF
  Grace Abuhamad:Yes, that is correct Seun.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Of course  Alan   the open text parts  should  give us enough option(S)  to comment I trust...
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Have to step away - thanks for the presentation - most informative
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:  That  wiould be perfect @Alan  so the ALAC  one needs to be avaialble  as early as possible
  Otunte Otueneh:My apologies for joining late
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Otunte: you have the option of listening to the recording later; no worries!
  Grace Abuhamad 2:Email address to submit comment template: comments-cwg-stewardship-draft-proposal-22apr15@icann.org
  Ron Sherwood:Across many discussions on this subject, including the ALAC and the ccNSO, I have repeatedly heard participants say for the NTIA to accept any input from these various working groups, ther must be "conensus" so I want to see everyone sign off on this conclusion.I have not seen or heard and definitioin of "consensus" other than that most participants are in agreement and others can "live with the conclusion" even though they do not agree with it.I have also seen the statement that "everyone" must be in agreement. The latter statement implies that if one participant does not agree... then the conclusion is not acceptable to the NTIA (or even to the working group.This statement  is essentially implying that every participant has veto power.That statement has never been seen or heard by this participant. can anyone confirm or deny this situation.
  Jimmy Schulz:I missed the link to the template.
  Otunte Otueneh:@Olivier, thanks
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:it is included in the agenda page
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Kimmy: it is included in the agenda page
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Kimmy -> Jimmy
  Seun Ojedeji:https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/52898440/cwg-stewardship-input-template-pdf-22apr15.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1430131054160&api=v2
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks  @Grace
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:very efficiant  OCL  :-)
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=52898396
  Jimmy Schulz:thx
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I assume we will also be discussing this in the next IANA Issues meeting
  Alberto Soto:Thanks!!!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks everyone   Good Call....  Bye  for now
  Gisella Gruber:Thank you for joining today!
  Aida Noblia:Thanks . By all
  nigel hickson:Thanks all; very interesting.
  Seun Ojedeji:which is next monday....and yes i think it should be the main agenda item for the cwg half
  Alberto Soto:By all!!
  Seun Ojedeji:thanks and bye...
  Seun Ojedeji:goodnight
  Matthieu Camus:thank you, bye !
  Ariel Liang:Thanks all bye bye
  Gordon Chillcott:Bye, all.
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, All!
  Ron Sherwood:Bye all
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:And so  my day begins :-)