Attendees: 

Members:  Alan Greenberg, Alice Munyua, Athina Fragkouli, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Eberhard Lisse, Fiona Asonga, Julia Wolman, Leon Sanchez, Mathieu Weill, Olga Cavalli, Par Brumark, Robin Gross, Roelof Meijer, Sebastien Bachollet, Steve DelBianco, Thomas Rickert, Tijani Ben Jemaa   (17/25)

Participants:  Alain Bidron, Andrea Beccalli, Avri Doria, Barrack Otieno, Bob Takacs, Caitrin Dwyer, David McAuley, Finn Petersen, Greg Shatan, John Poole, Kavouss Arasteh, Keith Drazek, Laena Rahim, Lars Erik Forsberg, Mark Carvell, Martin Boyle, Matthew Shears, Olivier Muron, Pedro Ivo Silva, Phil Buckingham, Rafael Perez Galindo, Sabine Meyer, Stephanie Duchesneau, Thomas Schneider, Tomohiro Fujisaki, Vrikson Acosta, Wolf Ludwig    (27)

Staff:  Adam Peake, Alice Jansen, Berry Cobb, Brenda Brewer, Grace Abuhamad, Marika Konings

Apologies:  David Maher, Rudi Daniel; Jordan Carter; James Bladel; Sam Eisner

**Please let Grace know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**

Transcript 

Transcript CCWG ACCT #10 3 Feb.doc

Transcript CCWG ACCT #10 3 Feb.pdf

Recording

The Adobe Connect recording is available here: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p3n7g7tcb1f/

The audio recording is available here:  http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ccwg-acct-03feb15-en.mp3

Notes

1. Welcome & roll call & SOI 

- SOIs are still missing. 

Action item

- Upload/update your SOI using the wiki 

2. Update from interactions with CWG 

- Response to CWG has been circulated. CCWG is now expecting feedback. 

- CCWG-CWG leadership discussed how the groups may align thinking in terms of timeline, overall plan. 

- CWG will issue a progress report in anticipation of Singapore

3. Preparing Singapore 

a. Reminder of sessions / logistics

- Remote participation is available for all sessions

- Rapporteurs: join Co-chairs on stage during engagement session 

- Thursday session will be also used to recap various messages received during week 

Action Items

- Encourage your communities to attend the engagement session

- Staff to post updated list of sessions on wiki 

- Rapporteurs to confirm availability to join Chairs during engagement session

- Staff to assemble number of sessions where engagement with communities will take place

- Working Parties to send meeting requirements (if any) as soon as possible 

b. Agenda /topics for Board meeting 

- Topics for session with Board include: timeline; how CCWG proposal will be handled, any anticipated reasons why a proposal/part of a proposal might be refused, and the anticipated process following any such refusal; update on two WPs (communication empowerment - Review & Redress)

- Meeting with the Board will be posted on the meeting schedule along with remote participation details. 

Action Item

- Co-chairs to ask for Board expectations and to coordinate with Bruce Tonkin (Board liaison) 

- Circulate proposed agenda to list

c. Review of engagement material provided before meeting 

Action Item

- Read compilation of documents/information in preparation for Singapore sessions and identify any gaps 

4. Update WP1/WP2 

a. By rapporteurs 

- WP1 has begun analyzing the mindmap and collecting requirements of inventory against identified mindmap requirements. 

- 4 suggestions for structures that would empower the community were catalogued: 1) ad hoc SO/AC; 2) permanent community WG; 3) statutory members; 4)Supervisory Board

- Initial draft will be shared in advance of Singapore

- The WP is looking into scheduling a call to discuss modus operandi and establish a calendar of work. The WP indicated that an end date on WP work would be useful. End of March 2015 was flagged as the expected delivery date. 

Action item

- Robin to send synopsis of a Bylaws mechanism

- WP2 is trying to organize its first call/meeting - a doodle poll will be circulated.

b. Update stress test WP 

- The wiki page captures the 25 contingencies merged into 5 different groups. A table serves to track where contingencies are. ST-WP will potentially hold a meeting in Singapore. 

- Proposal to run stress tests against mechanisms - determine whether prevent consequences of stress test or mitigate/react

c. Ideally, discussion around first set of answers to the contingency questions 

- Proposal is to start with stress tests and determine how the existing mechanism reacts and how envisioned mechanism would react. 

- Suggestions of a gap analysis approach and an Exist & sufficient - Exist & insufficient approach were made.

Action Item

- ST-WP to provide draft examples in anticipation of Singapore discussions to understand what is meant by stress tests and collect feedback

5. Legal advice update

- The task force has tarted building questions that should be asked to legal experts and awaiting questions from working parties.

- A shortlist was requested from CWG (awaiting reply); the group is coordinating with CWG on California law restrictions. 

- Outcome will be shared with the group as soon as received. 

-The CCWG welcomed advisor Lee Bygrave.

6. A.O.B

The following desired outcomes  for Singapore were identified:

7. Closing Remarks 

Action Items:

- Be prepared for Singapore (agenda, invitations) 

- Read all documents

- Keep respective groups informed of progress

- Continue debates on mailing list 

Action Items

- Upload/update your SOI using the wiki 

- Encourage your communities to attend the engagement session

- Staff to post updated list of sessions on wiki 

- Rapporteurs to confirm availability to join Chairs during engagement session

- Staff to assemble number of sessions where engagement with communities will take place

- Working Parties to send meeting requirements (if any) as soon as possible 

- Co-chairs to ask for Board expectations and to coordinate with Bruce Tonkin (Board liaison) 

- Circulate proposed agenda to list

- Read compilation of documents/information in preparation for Singapore sessions and identify any gaps 

- Robin to send synopsis of a Bylaws mechanism

- WP2 is trying to organize its first call/meeting - a doodle poll will be circulated.

- ST-WP to provide draft examples in anticipation of Singapore discussions to understand what is meant by stress tests and collect feedback

- Be prepared for Singapore (agenda, invitations) 

- Read all documents

- Keep respective groups informed of progress

- Continue debates on mailing list 

Documents Presented

Chat Transcript

Alice Jansen: (2/3/2015 04:59) Welcome to the CCWG-Accountability Call #10 - Please note that chat sessions are being archived and follow the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior: http://www.icann.org/en/news/in-focus/accountability/expected-standards

Fiona Asonga(ASO): (05:50) Hallo Everyone

Vrikson Acosta: (05:52) ood mornig, afternoon, evening or night, depending on where in the world you are :)

Pär Brumark (GAC, Niue): (05:57) Good Afternoon everybody!

Keith Drazek: (05:57) Hello all

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC): (05:57) Hello everyone

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC): (05:57) we seem to have some lovely kids playing in the background :-)

Mathieu Weill, ccNSO, co-chair: (05:58) Hello everyone !

Alice Jansen: (05:59) Please mute your lines

Athina Fragkouli (ASO): (06:00) hello all

Sabine Meyer: (06:01) hello everyone!

Martin Boyle, Nominet: (06:01) Hi all

David McAuley (GNSO): (06:01) Good morning

Olga Cavalli - GAC: (06:01) Hi all good morning

Matthew Shears: (06:02) morning

Grace Abuhamad: (06:03) Please contact me if you are having trouble updating your SOI

Robin Gross  [GNS0-NCSG]: (06:06) Happy 4am!

Leon Sanchez (Co-Chair, ALAC): (06:07) Happy 6 am from the future @Robin!

Robin Gross  [GNS0-NCSG]: (06:08) Thanks, Leon.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (06:10) sorry FINALLY in audio   Avri has covered the basics from CWG thx

Adam Peake: (06:10) hello everyone.

Marika Konings: (06:10) Please note that the CWG is hosting two webinars today to update the community on the current state of affairs as well as the content of the discussion document: https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-01-27-en

Grace Abuhamad: (06:16) Meeting aer listed here is UTC time: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocwgdtstwrdshp/Meetings

Grace Abuhamad: (06:18) Oops wrong link: https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/Meetings

Sabine Meyer: (06:18) CWG times are very informative as well.

Grace Abuhamad: (06:19) :p

Sabine Meyer: (06:19) I meant that! :)

Robin Gross  [GNS0-NCSG]: (06:26) can we add a bylaws mechanism as a possibility?

Robin Gross  [GNS0-NCSG]: (06:27) to the community empowerment mindmap

Alan Greenberg: (06:28) I believe that post-Frankfurt, there was also a discussion on a capability close to "Members" without moving to a membership org.

Keith Drazek: (06:28) Delegates?

Matthew Shears: (06:28) yes - we need to see all the options that have been discussed incporated into the paper

Vrikson Acosta: (06:29) I agree with robin Gross comment :)

Alan Greenberg: (06:29) @Keith. Yes, I think that was the term.

Robin Gross  [GNS0-NCSG]: (06:30) Thanks, Steve, I'll send that in this morning.

Bill Drake: (06:31) +1 Matt

Steve DelBianco: (06:32) @Alan -- would that be a permanent CCWG?

Grace Abuhamad: (06:36) You all have scroll control

Grace Abuhamad: (06:37) The Wiki page is here: https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/ST-WP+--+Stress+Test+Work+Party

Alan Greenberg: (06:39) @Steve, I did not look into in in great detail, but likely could take a number of forms where people are empowered to act. Like "members" it is the Bylaw construct that allows action/participation by the community. These constructs are really orthoganol ad hoc SO/AV and perm WG. which are the ways that the members or delegates exercise their power.

Alice Jansen: (06:39) Link to ST-WP wiki page https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/ST-WP+--+Stress+Test+Work+Party

Steve DelBianco: (06:39) Got it, Alan.  I think we call that ad-hoc CCWG with powers enumerated in the bylaws

Alan Greenberg: (06:40) Yes. But you need to make 3 Statutory Members/Delegates.

Alan Greenberg: (06:41) Two dif mecahanism to effect similar results.

Steve DelBianco: (06:49) @Alan: could you please send Jordan and I a sentence or two that captures your Delegate concept?

David McAuley (GNSO): (06:52) Agree w Steve – IRP and Reconsideration Requests are flawed and that is remit of Review & Redress team to grapple with preliminarily

Athina Fragkouli (ASO): (06:53) +1 to Kavouss suggestion

Roelof Meijer (ccNSO): (07:01) @Alan: why 3 members/deligates?

Roelof Meijer (ccNSO): (07:01) delEgates..

Greg Shatan: (07:03) I would like to be added to the legal subgroup.  Since I am primarily assembling the short list for the CWG, that should be helpful.

Grace Abuhamad: (07:03) Announcement was posted here: https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-3-2015-01-30-en

Grace Abuhamad: (07:03) ok noted @Greg

Alan Greenberg: (07:03) @Roelof "3" was the item number in the list for "Members". I was suggesting that the concept of Members be widened to other constructs effecting the same ability.

David McAuley (GNSO): (07:04) +1 Greg - coordination with CWG will be good

Grace Abuhamad: (07:04) added

Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt: (07:07) I

Grace Abuhamad: (07:07) Drafts are here: https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/Drafts+for+CCWG-Accountability

Roelof Meijer (ccNSO): (07:07) @Alan: okay, thnx for that, I got lost there ; )

Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt: (07:08) I missed th ebeginnign of the call unfortunately - what is the expected CCWG outcome from Singapore?

Alan Greenberg: (07:08) @Roelof, Or an alternative interpretation of that notaion: There will only be 3 people who control everything: You, me and one other person we pick!

Barrack Otieno: (07:09) no AoB from me

Sabine Meyer: (07:10) "One other person" is quite anthropocentric, Alan :)

Alan Greenberg: (07:11) @Sabine Indeed. What would you propose? My dog does not really have the capacity to do it properly.

Roelof Meijer (ccNSO): (07:11) @Alan: that sounds quite accountable. To us..

Sabine Meyer: (07:12) Better a dog than a cat, I'd say.

Mark Carvell  GAC - UK Govt: (07:13) Thanks - note the point on awaiting legal advice but pressure is on for concrete outcome.

Mathieu Weill, ccNSO, co-chair: (07:13) @Mark - agree, Mark

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (07:14) thanks all. I look forward to meeting up with many of you in Singapore... safe travel to you all...  Bye

Pär Brumark (GAC, Niue): (07:14) Thx!

Martin Boyle, Nominet: (07:15) bye & thanks

Athina Fragkouli (ASO): (07:15) thank you everyone

Matthew Shears: (07:15) thanks

Robin Gross  [GNS0-NCSG]: (07:15) bye

Mathieu Weill, ccNSO, co-chair: (07:15) Bye all !

Barrack Otieno: (07:15) bye