Heidi Ullrich: There has not been a call of the RRR since Costa Rica. 
Evan Leibovitch: choice confidence, competition and innovation.
Evan Leibovitch: That's the title of the group. Whether it accomplishes the goal it seeks is ... questionable IMO.
Alan Greenberg: Regarding SO/AC Monday meeting, found e-mail from Olivier (http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/alac/2012/002053.html) but no pointer to a wiki.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: CCI  =  itis Trust  not Innovation  Evan  Innovation is a measure TRUST is the term in the resolution (amd AoC) for metrics work
Dev Anand Teelucksingh: *6 to mute
Alan Greenberg: Always *6 to mute. Unmute is *7 here and *6 (a toggle) on GNSO calls.
Cintra Sooknanan: hrmm 
Dev Anand Teelucksingh: thanks Cheryl re: timing of meetings - still will attempt over the weekend to get a RALO dashboard out for comment
Evan Leibovitch: +1 Alan.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: NP  there is SO much going on ATM
Evan Leibovitch: JJS also given a +1 to Olivier.
Evan Leibovitch: @Alan: the theory is that the volunteers in ICANN are leaders (or at least represenattives or champions) of their respective communities.
Alan Greenberg: Normally, a Leader has someone following them.  
Alan Greenberg: @Evan, sometimes that is true. But, for instance, in the case of NomCom appointees, that is not the case. 
Evan Leibovitch: Agreed
Alan Greenberg: But ICANN tends to use the term to (imo) inflate the importance of all active volunteers on AC/SO, etc.
Carlton Samuels: @Alan:  One of the attributes NomCom put high on its list of personal attributes  is 'leadership in......"
Evan Leibovitch: Also agreed. I was thinking in the sense of the target for the Academy which I wouldn't consider to be too valuable to NomCom members.
Carlton Samuels: @Evan: +1
Gisella Gruber-White: @ Olivier - Sala is not on the call
Cintra Sooknanan: opps sorry about that 
Evan Leibovitch: We HAVE been able to accommodate Board/ALAC meetings in the ALAC room (horseshoe layout) in previous meetings. I don't know why we cannot continue to simply have the Board in our room for these meetings.
Evan Leibovitch: One possibility -- create a standing ALAC/GAC group that would maintain contact between ICANN meetings
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: which of course we tried / agreed to in preincipal before  so YES indeed  Evan good plan
Evan Leibovitch: There's no good was to pronounce the acronym "RIR" as a word ;-) 
Evan Leibovitch: way
Oksana Prykhodko: Could you pls send me such list?
Cintra Sooknanan: That doodle has been sent out
Oksana Prykhodko: Evan, great idea - ALAC/GAC group!
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: As  a Liaison SHOULD
Cheryl Langdon-Orr:  Alan lives in GNSO room  Me *should8 be in ccNSO , Julie in SSAC  and  Ron woith YOU OCL
Cintra Sooknanan: Yep, I've spoken to Andres on it... it's very difficult to get in contact with .MOBI
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: that is why it is a  dot Mobi compliance woth their contract requirements issue Cintra
Evan Leibovitch: more info on Compliance during the Future Challanges WG report
Eduardo Diaz: Who is the new CO? Has he/she been appointed?
Evan Leibovitch: Anyone who say my exchange with Xavier in San José will know that some of us have indeed
Evan Leibovitch: "notched it up" a bit
Evan Leibovitch: @Educardo. media reports have indicated that it's down to a short list of 4
Evan Leibovitch: Eduardo. please forgive my spelling
Eduardo Diaz: @evan: use just ed :)
Evan Leibovitch: I suspect that they may be pushing back the CEO announcement, given all the other activities they've had to push back lately.
Evan Leibovitch: The big "reveal party" planned for Las Vegas may apparently needed to be rescheduled -- or just cancelled if they can't pin down a date :-P
Gisella Gruber-White: Avri has joined the call
Heidi Ullrich: CEO Search Announcement: http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-2-21feb12-en.htm
Cintra Sooknanan: Tijani you are muted
TT: now we hear u Tijani
Heidi Ullrich: Rinalia has had to leave the call. 
Heidi Ullrich: Rinalia reminds everyone to please add their comments to the IDN VIP Next Steps draft statement: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=31170446
Evan Leibovitch: @Alan: we may not have convinced the Board not to act, but we certainly helped bolster their case for non-action against the forces that were pressing for action
Carlton Samuels: @Alan: We might NEVER know the real reason bBUT when all the stars align, why not say we were in the mix!  Take a bow
Evan Leibovitch: +1 .... It's just that we don't know in what direction to bow ;-)
Carlton Samuels: At Olivier: LOLOLOLOLOL
Cintra Sooknanan: ouch
Evan Leibovitch: no, if you don't say anything we'll take credit for it
Heidi Ullrich: I wonder how this is being interpreted! ;)
Carlton Samuels: @Heidi: Good catch!  Hmmmmm
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: you've already lost Rinallia
Heidi Ullrich: https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Statement+on+the+Verisign+Request+to+Implement+Redemption+Grace+Period+%28RGP%29+for+.name+Workspace
Evan Leibovitch: RPG - rocket propelled grenade
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: Yes -- and I am mindful of the length of the call going over the 90 minutes hence votes needed ASAP
avri: i though he meant role playing game.
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: Matt's freudian slip about living in Los Angeles where RPGs are more likely to be encountered than RGPs
avri: definately a lot of Role Playing in LA
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Interestong  I immedeatly though  audinance ;-)
Heidi Ullrich: The ALAC supports the Verisign request to implement the Redemption Grace Period (RGP) for .name at the 2nd and 3rd level as well as for e-mail forwarding.We note that the request states that the RGP is voluntary. This is currently correct, but once the Board approved Post Expiration Domain Name Recovery PDP recommendations are implemented, it would be mandatory for .name. For most TLDs, the RGP only applies to 2nd level registrations, and PEDNR was silent as to whether it should also apply at any other levels.The ALAC applauds Verisign for taking the initiative to begin implementation of the RPG for .name prior to it being formally required, and is particularly pleased that they have chosen to implement it at all levels at which registrations are made.
Gisella Gruber-White: @ Alan - please speak loud and clear
Gisella Gruber-White: the interpreters are having difficulty hearing you
Heidi Ullrich: text for interpretors...
Evan Leibovitch: Short statement: "We agree. Thank you"
Matt Ashtiani: DRAFT STATEMENT 
Matt Ashtiani: The ALAC supports the Verisign request to implement the Redemption Grace Period (RGP) for .name at the 2nd and 3rd level as well as for e-mail forwarding. We note that the request states that the RGP is voluntary. This is currently correct, but once the Board approved Post Expiration Domain Name Recovery PDP recommendations are implemented, it would be mandatory for .name. For most TLDs, the RGP only applies to 2nd level registrations, and PEDNR was silent as to whether it should also apply at any other levels.The ALAC applauds Verisign for taking the initiative to begin implementation of the RPG for .name prior to it being formally required, and is particularly pleased that they have chosen to implement it at all levels at which registrations are made.
Evan Leibovitch: Duelling statements!
Matt Ashtiani: please remember to speak slowly as the interpreters must follow the conversation 
Alan Greenberg: Note RGP not RPG in last sentence.
Eduardo Diaz: I second
Heidi Ullrich: We will fix that, Alan
sergio salinas porto: yes olivier
Evan Leibovitch: Does
Evan Leibovitch: this
Evan Leibovitch: mean
Evan Leibovitch: typing
Evan Leibovitch: slowly
Evan Leibovitch: too?
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: LOL @ Evan
Matt Ashtiani: :-D
Alan Greenberg: @evan
Cintra Sooknanan: Sergio you are muted?
Alan Greenberg: Y
Alan Greenberg: E
Alan Greenberg: S
Heidi Ullrich: RPG has been correct to RGP: https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Statement+on+the+Verisign+Request+to+Implement+Redemption+Grace+Period+%28RGP%29+for+.name+Workspace
Carlton Samuels: Do we really need this sentence "For most TLDs, the RGP only applies to 2nd level registrations, and PEDNR was silent as to whether it should also apply at any other levels."
sergio salinas porto: no se escucho?
Eduardo Diaz: @sergio - No.
Alan Greenberg: @Carlton  I think that it is factual .o you diagree?
Yaovi Atohoun: I support the ALC statement on  RGP  
Yaovi Atohoun: ALAC please
Carlton Samuels: @Alan: Don't disagree.  But just wondering why we tell ICANN that!
sergio salinas porto: was only my support
Alan Greenberg: I think it is needed because it gives the rtional for saying that they are going over and above strict letter of law.
Cintra Sooknanan: Sergio is not hearing?
Eduardo Diaz: @cintra: I think he can hear but somehow he said something that did not go thru
Evan Leibovitch: Gotta watch about how we use the term  "red cross" nowadays
Cintra Sooknanan: Natalia?
Gisella Gruber-White: Natalia has dropped - we are dialling out to her
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: LOL  *again*  Evan 
Dev Anand Teelucksingh 2: lol @evan
Natalia Enciso: sorry
Gisella Gruber-White: She has just joined again
Gisella Gruber-White: back on Spanish channel
Natalia Enciso: Yes I was out of the call, just reconnected
Carlton Samuels: I will have to drop off in another 10 mins!
avri: i thought this was a very good use of red cross.  or are you afriad they will sue ALAC? C&D on its way now?
Evan Leibovitch: We may need a license
sergio salinas porto: yes @cintra I listen, but you did not listen
Alan Greenberg: Since cross her is not upright but at 45 degrees, no violation.
sergio salinas porto: technical problem ;)
Evan Leibovitch: It's not the graphic element in contest, just use of the string "redcross" ;-)
Alan Greenberg: Thanks you.
Alan Greenberg: Oops - Thank You
Heidi Ullrich: 10 yes, 0 no, 0 Abstentions
TT: Just a quick note will need to leave the  meeting in five minutes for my next meeting.
Heidi Ullrich: Thanks, Titi. 
TT: will read meeting notes and if any thhoughts/comments will share.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: To save time  I will take the matter I raosed  for AOB/ WG report re the  links  from  WG Report  matter on the Agenda  regarding confusing links to pages up with  Staff (Matt)  directly with OCL & Heidis' approval as an AI  of you so desire
Heidi Ullrich: I approve :)
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: ok thanks
Evan Leibovitch: Two comments have been received so far
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: too many Julies
Matt Ashtiani: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=31174679
Heidi Ullrich: The agenda page has been adopted to reflect the recent adoption of the SSR RT Draft Report statement and the VeriSign RGP statement
sergio salinas porto: me escuchan?
Eduardo Diaz: @sergio: ahora podemos oirte
Evan Leibovitch: @Natalia, you still have a check mark showing
Heidi Ullrich: Policy Development page: https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Policy+Development+Page
Eduardo Diaz: @Natalia: Quita el check-mark que tienes en tu nombre en la lista
Carlton Samuels: I'm dropping off.  Bya all
Cintra Sooknanan: bye bye
Evan Leibovitch: Bye carlton
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: and most ccTLD (though not all)  oporators have close ties to their Gov's any way  so I see NO reason for us to make comment
Natalia Enciso: Thanks Evan
Eduardo Diaz: Sorry but I have to move to another appointment. 
Eduardo Diaz: Bye.
Cintra Sooknanan: Great idea Cheryl and APRALO
Cintra Sooknanan: I am disconnected
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: We do NOT want to duplicate efforts  in creating Statements  rather conteribute TO ALAC ones  if we so desire  UNLESS we are highky motivated of course
Gisella Gruber-White: Avri - please speak louder
Yaovi Atohoun: Summary note: Draft Advice Letter on Consumer Trust, Consumer Choice, and Competition - To be discussed in Costa Rica or Prague?
sergio salinas porto: im droped...bye to allç
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: The discussion took place in Costa Rica
Oksana Prykhodko: I am disconnected
avri: can the text be put in a window?
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: @Yaovi, the discussion took place in Costa Rica
Gisella Gruber-White: @ Oksana - we will call you
Oksana Prykhodko: Thank you, Gisella!
Heidi Ullrich: Interpretation will stop shortly. 
Heidi Ullrich: The transcripts of the full call will be available in ES and FR shortly. 
Cintra Sooknanan: sorry ... please read the text send on the ALAC internal list
Cintra Sooknanan: *sent
Cintra Sooknanan: Thanks for your attention :)
Dev Anand Teelucksingh 2: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Draft+prototype+gTLD+Review+Dashboard
Heidi Ullrich: Online tool: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Draft+prototype+gTLD+Review+Dashboard
Heidi Ullrich: just in case you didn't see Dev's ;)
Yaovi Atohoun: I support what Tijani said.  Sorry that I am going to leave the call in 5 mn.  Thanks to eveybody
Cintra Sooknanan: take care Yaovi
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: there is echo on the line now
Heidi Ullrich: We are working on it
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: thx
Dev Anand Teelucksingh 2: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/.astringbyanyothername+_EP
avri: very slowly was not an untrue stmt.
avri: my thanks to all the work that Cintra and dev has done.
Cintra Sooknanan: Avri thanks for your support on this work
Cintra Sooknanan: and Dev Anand
Gisella Gruber-White: Cheryl - we are not able to hear you and we don't have you on the Adigo line
Gisella Gruber-White: do you need a dial-out?
Heidi Ullrich: Will do, Olivier . Still working on it
Olivier Crepin-Leblond: Thanks
Natalia Enciso: I have to leave! e-see you next time. Bye, bye.
Heidi Ullrich: Bye, Natalia!
Dev Anand Teelucksingh 2: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/877052/Improvements-TaskForce-WG/call-for-persons-on-technology-taskforce.txt
Heidi Ullrich: Also, the GAC support staff have asked which topics the ALAC would like to speak with the GAC about in Prague. 
Cintra Sooknanan: bye
Heidi Ullrich: lol
Heidi Ullrich: I sensed it was needed ;)
Evan Leibovitch: I have a hard stop at 30 past
Heidi Ullrich: Critical links and content are also being updated on the At-Large website in the short-term
Heidi Ullrich: The updating of the At-Large site will take several months. 
Heidi Ullrich: #1 Matt!!
Matt Ashtiani: thank you!
Heidi Ullrich: No news re CLO..
Oksana Prykhodko: How can I be involved in Beginners Guide?
Heidi Ullrich: Send your ideas, Oksana! Very welcome! 
Oksana Prykhodko: OK, I will send)
Heidi Ullrich: We will create a wiki page for comments
Gisella Gruber-White: NO News from Cheryl ...
Oksana Prykhodko: great)
Heidi Ullrich: Thanks, All! 
Maureen Hilyard: Thanks and have a great day or night
avri: bye
Oksana Prykhodko: Thank you all, bye!!
Gisella Gruber-White: Thank you everyone!
Dev Anand Teelucksingh 2: Thanks everyone, take care!
Silvia Vivanco: Thank you Bye bye
Gisella Gruber-White: Good morning, GOod afternoon, Good evening :-)