SchoolNet Africa's mission is to support national SchoolNets throughout Africa by mobilizing resources, building effective partnerships and knowledge in promoting education through sustainable use of ICTs in African schools.
SNA stands for the right of all African youth to education and lifelong learning possibilities.
- SNA stands for the right of every African child to have access to information.
- We stand for affordable and sustainable access to ICTs in African Schools.
- African education content on the Internet.
- We work towards developing online content in local languages. What We Stand For
SchoolNet Africa supports and promotes
- the right of every African child to have access to education, information and knowledge
- affordable and sustainable ICT access for African schools using a variety of solutions
- the creation of locally developed, digitised education content
- expression through the recognition of indigenous African languages
- multi-stakeholder partnerships within a progressive, development framework
- gender integration and women's empowerment
- the achievement of the Education For All objectives and the UN Millenium Development Goals