NCUC ExComm Elections Results
Chair: Bruna Martins dos Santos
Europe: Louise Marie Hurel
Latin America and Caribbean: Franco Giandana
Africa: Benjamin Akinmoyeje
Asia Pacific: Mili Semlani
North America: Micheal Karanicolas
Meet the Candidate Call | 06 June 2019 at 16 UTC: Zoom Room | Audio | Transcript | Chat
The positions to be filled are:
NCUC EC really needs committed volunteers who are willing to donate a few hours a week to collaboration in order to help ensure that civil society's voice is heard in ICANN. The EC’s responsibilities are administrative management, in-reach and outreach, and interfacing with ICANN’s staff and community as needed. NCUC Chair has also several duties and roles to fulfil. If you think that you or someone you know would be well suited to the tasks involved, then please consider nominating accordingly.
We will build the voter list, from the NCSG election check-in. The process is ongoing. You just need to respond to the email to be considered as active and added to the voters' list.
III. Candidate Statements
For the statement, the nominated candidate should answer:
* Name, declared region of residence, gender and employment;
* Any conflicts of interest;
The statements should be relatively concise, e.g. a couple paragraphs per question
IV. "Meet the Candidates” Call
In the week prior to the voting period, we will organize a conf call for the membership to ask candidates questions. The candidates conf call is scheduled for 06 June 2019.
The vote is weighted in NCUC and as indicated in current NCUC bylaws (http://www.ncuc.org/governance/bylaws/ Article VI voting): individual:1, small:2, large:4
VI. Election Timeline
VII. Ballot: TBD
|Position/Region||Name of Candidate||Nominated By||Status||Candidate Statement|
|Chair||Bruna Martins dos Santos||Ayden Fèrdeline||Accepted||Submitted|
Akinremi Peter Taiwo
|Mili Semlani||A. Khalil Azizi|
|Europe||Louise Marie Hurel||Tatiana Tropina||Accepted||Submitted|
Reynaldo Alonso Reyes
|Michael Karanicolas||Mitch Stoltz||Accepted||Submitted|
1. For all positions, please select 1 candidate only; if you select more than 1 your vote won’t be counted
2. You can change your vote until the deadline on 23 June 2019, 23:59 UTC. Only the last selection will be counted.
3. You can vote for all Executive Committee positions regardless of what region you are in.
4. If you don't select any choice for a seat, the vote for that seat will be counted as zero.
5. You will receive several reminders during the election with the same link to your ballot. The weight of your vote is indicated in the ballot (1 for individual, 2 for small organisation and 4 for large organisation).
6. The candidate with the most votes wins. If the abstention count is greater than any candidate for a seat, the seat will remain vacant.
Thank you for participating in NCUC!