Entry Date (E)
Target Date (T)
Responsible Council Member
Responsible Staff member
CCWG Auction Proceeds
- Erika Mann/ Marika Konings to forward legal analysis provided by Legal/Board to the GNSO Council mailing list.
IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Protection Mechanisms
- Susan Kawaguchi to collaborate with the PDP WG and staff to develop a draft final report for preliminary consideration by the GNSO Council (targeting May meeting).
- Susan Kawaguchi and Heather Forrest to prepare report on the usage of the 3.7 Appeal Process contained in the GNSO Operating Procedure that is intended to capture the process used and lessons learned.
- ICANN staff to inform the IGO-INGO CRP PDP WG that the GNSO Council resolved that the Working Group, in line with the Council’s priority to ensure responsible allocation of resources and timely management of the PDP, the Final Report be submitted in time to meet the July 2018 GNSO Council meeting document deadline.
- Councilors to review Final Report, especially in the broader context of the appropriate overall scope of protection for all IGO identifiers, in preparation for consideration as early as the August Council meeting.
- ICANN staff to inform the ICANN Board and the GAC that the IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Mechanisms PDP Working Group has completed its work and forward a copy of the Final Report to them
- Councilors to review Final Report and options flowchart, then prepare a list of questions by 31 August 2018 that they have, for response by the WG leadership, WG liaison, WG members, or staff as appropriate.
- ICANN staff to work with the GNSO Chair and Council liaison to determine possible ways to address concerns regarding some of the PDP recommendations within the scope of the PDP Manual, in light of the fact that the WG has not identified any recommendations as being interdependent.
- Next steps for the IGO-INGO Curative Rights Protection Mechanisms PDP WG Final Report - ICANN staff to schedule webinar for questions and answers
- Council leadership/staff to develop a summary document to capture concerns and issues with the PDP, as well as next step options available to the Council
- Council leadership to again present Council options for the IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Protection Final Report to consider and discuss with their respective SG/Cs.
- Council leadership and Council to continue developing proposed path forward for the Working Group’s Final Report.
- Council Leadership to consider repurposing the extraordinary meeting on 14 February 2019 to discuss IGO/INGO Curative Rights Protection Mechanisms if the EPDP Final Report is not yet available for discussion and review.
- Council leadership to develop a new options document to include proposed motion language for each option for Council consideration.
Updated Charter for the Cross Community Engagement Group on Internet Governance
- GNSO Council to seek clarification about the level of resources expected to be allocated to the Cross Community Engagement Group on Internet Governance.
- GNSO Council Liaison to the ccNSO to coordinate with the Country Codes Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) as the Cross Community Engagement Group on Internet Governance seeks to resolve concerns identified by the ccNSO Council.
- Council leadership to propose Council position and next steps for GNSO relationship with the Cross Community Engagement Group on Internet Governance
- Council leadership to develop draft response to the Cross Community Engagement Group on Internet Governance, providing input on the GNSO Council’s expected engagement with the group.
- Once the Council receives the receipt for IFR membership confirmation, Council to consider how best to coordinate co-chair selection with ccNSO, which will be responsible for selecting the ccNSO co-chair.
- Council to consider selection process by which a GNSO appointed member of the IANA Function Review (IFR) team will be selected to serve as the GNSO co-chair on the IFR as the ICANN Bylaws stipulate that “(d) The IFRT shall be led by two co-chairs: one appointed by the GNSO from one of the members appointed pursuant to clauses (c)-(f) of Section 18.7 and one appointed by the ccNSO from one of the members appointed pursuant to clauses (a)-(b) of Section 18.7” once the IFR membership has been confirmed.
- IANA Function Review (IFR) Team composition: Review of the ccNSO proposal to manage deficiencies - Councilors to take discussion on ccNSO proposal (here: https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/2019-January/022175.html) to their respective SG/C and to then consider what input they would like to provide.
Drafting Team on charter related to the next steps for the ICANN Procedure of Handling Whois conflicts with Privacy
- GNSO Council, after having considered the 1 August letter from Akram Atallah and receiving a brief update from GDD on its 24 August Council meeting, should determine next steps for reviewing the Whois Procedure.
- Drafting team members to share draft charter and identified questions in charter with respective SG/Cs for feedback, following which the drafting team will review this input and finalize the charter for GNSO Council consideration.
- Council to consider adoption of charter at its upcoming meeting
- Call for volunteers to be delayed at least until the EPDP hits the milestone of publishing its Initial Report. Council to discuss this topic once that milestone is hit.
- ICANN Staff to circulate a call for volunteers (subsequent to the initiation and chartering process for the EPDP on the Temporary Specification) to the GNSO Stakeholder Groups, with the request for each Stakeholder Group to appoint up to 3 members to the Implementation Advisory Group (IAG). The call for volunteers should also be more widely circulated to seek volunteers to serve as participants and observers to the IAG.
- Council leadership to research and develop guidance for if and when the work on the ICANN Procedure of Handling Whois conflicts with Privacy should begin.
EPDP FInal Report
- Council leadership to propose ways to balance informal implementation of EPDP recommendations and phase 2 workload.
- EPDP Team to package legal questions/answers and the updated Final Report with consensus level designation of each recommendation for review by the Council.
- Councilors to engage with and consult with their Stakeholder Group / Constituency and ensure their respective communities understand current status and have provided instructions on how to vote for the EPDP Team Final Report on 4 March (where applicable)
- Rafik Dammak to inform the EPDP Team of decision to defer the vote and explain next steps
- ICANN Staff to inform GDD that the GNSO Council directs ICANN Org to informally convene the Implementation Review team for the EPDP as soon as possible.
- ICANN Staff to prepare the draft recommendations report for the ICANN Board, to be considered and adopted by the GNSO Council.
EPDP Phase 2
- Council Leadership to inform the EPDP Team that the GNSO Council indicates its non-objection, as required per the EPDP Team Charter, for the EPDP Team to commence work on the System for Standardized Access to Non-Public Registration Data as well as other topics identified in Phase 2 of the Charter.
- Council to seek to provide guidance to the EPDP Team around timelines and deliverables for the EPDP Team in its phase 2 work.
- Keith Drazek to send an email to Goran Marby about the need to ensure EPDP Team and the Technical Study Group on Access to Non-Public Registration Data are informed of each others' work
2019 Council Strategic Planning Session Report
- Councilors to review and provide feedback to the Strategic Planning Session Report prior to the suggested deadline of Tuesday, 26 February 2019
Public Comment: First Consultation on a 2-Year Planning Process
- Keith Drazek to send email to list seeking volunteers to prepare Council’s draft public comment to the 2-Year Planning Process, in time to meet the 5 March 2019 close date.