TLD Monitoring Tools
Last update: July 5, 2017
The TLD-OPS standing committee is sharing this list of TLD Monitoring tools. These tools may be useful in the advent of a security incident to remotely assist in determining the status of a TLD. Note: Some of the URL are .CA specific and should be replaced with your TLD.
If you have a TLD monitoring tool that is not on the list below, please share with the committee and we will gladly add.
Please take some time to look at the tools below, some you might like, some not, some provide real time status, some have history, some are commercial that offer free services to TLDs, but knowing what is available before a security incident occurs can save valuable time in isolating the root cause and developing a response plan.
DNS TLD STATUS:
- TLD MONITOR https://tldmonitor.blipp.com/
- DNS-OARC TLD Monitoring https://tldmon.dns-oarc.net/nagios/
RIPE Atlas DNS Monitoring
- For a fee RIPE can perform advanced TLD monitoring.
- Thousand Eyes https://www.thousandeyes.com/
DNSSEC Status Checker:
- DNSvis http://dnsviz.net/d/ca/dnssec/
- DNSSEC Early warning http://www.dnssek.info/
- DNSSEC Deployment Report http://rick.eng.br/dnssecstat/
Various DNS Configuration:
- ROBTEX https://www.robtex.com/?dns=ca or
https://www.robtex.com/?dns = [your TLD]
- ENDSO Compliance Tester: https://ednscomp.isc.org/
- Secure Domain Foundation http://www.securedomain.org/
Need an API key to query SDF reputation database
- DDoS Mon (alerting) https://ddosmon.net/ (need account)
- DNSDB https://www.dnsdb.info (need account and fees apply)
- Shadowserver Compromised Websites
- OpenPhish Premium
https://openphish.com/phishing_feeds.html (need account)
- VirusTotal https://www.virustotal.com/
This list is available online at : http://ccnso.icann.org/resources/tld-ops-secure-communication.htm
TLD-OPS Standing Committee