Work Stream 2
Approach to ICANN’s Place of Incorporation and Headquarters Location
- Should the scope of the Jurisdiction topic include examining the effects of ICANN's place of incorporation and location (for example, on the actual operation of policies and accountability mechanisms and on the settlement of disputes), or should this be out of scope?
- Should the scope of the Jurisdiction topic include the possibility of recommending that ICANN be directed to change its place of incorporation and/or headquarters location, or should this be out of scope?
Annex 12 includes “confirming and assessing the gap analysis.”
- We need a common understanding of what this refers to. Does the “gap analysis” refer to a determination in WS1 that there were no significant gaps in the WS1 accountability proposal resulting from ICANN's current jurisdictional framework?
- How should we confirm and assess the gap analysis?
- Continued Detailed R eading of the Google Docs.
Other Potential Inputs to our Work.
- More Detailed Review of Lightning Talks (summarized in Staff Paper)
- Pertinent Literature (influenced by Scope)
- Experts/Legal Advice