You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 15 Next »

At-Large Statement of Interest (SOI) Form

1) Please enter your Name:

Leah Symekher

2) Picture/Image:
(Instructions: Click in the field to the right to open up the text input window. Then click the <Insert> menu button, select <Image>, then choose (or browse) to locate an image file (e.g., JPG, PNG, BMP) from your local computer to upload. After insertion, please click on the picture and adjust the size to no larger than 200 pixels). 

3) Are you participating in the At-Large advisory process (including email and real-time discussions) as a representative of:

a) ALAC (if so, detail the region and term):

No

b) A Regional At-Large Organization (RALO) (if so, please detail the region, position and term):

NARALO, San Francisco Bay Area ISOC Chapter ALS Representative for 4 years

c) An ICANN-accredited At-Large Structure (if so, which one):

NARALO, San Francisco Bay Area ISOC Chapter ALS Representative for 4 years

d) Any ICANN Committee, Constituency or Stakeholder Group (if so, which one(s))?

ICANN Nominating Committee

e) Any other company or organization, whether commercial or nonprofit (if so, please detail the organization and your position):

No

4) Please identify your current employer(s):

None

5) Please identify your current position(s):

None

6) Please identify the type(s) of work performed:

I have been a Business Development profession in Hi-Tech for over 10 years. My recent employment was for 6 years at Internet Systems Consortium (ISC) until December 2016. At ISC I supported global customers that included: RIRs, ccTLDS, ISPs, Technology, Fortune 500 companies and government. I have since getting laid-off dedicated my time volunteering for ICANN NOMCOM & SFBay Area ISOC as Consultant and Advisor to the Board, Project Lead and Primary NARALO Representative. I just completed managing a regional Rural-Urban Digital Divide Broadband Project for SFBay Area ISOC funded by ISOC's Beyond the Net Grant and North America Regional ISOC grant. This project advocates for Internet Access in rural farming regions of California. For continued community, industry outreach and education, I secured a speaking slot and booth presence at the Silicon Valley AgTech conference (https://www.svagtech.org/wp/) to present the project results on May 3rd. Here is the project summary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0dgWFjMnCk

7) Please identify your declared country of primary residence:

U.S.A

8) Please list any financial relationship beyond de minimus stock ownership you may have with any company that to your knowledge has a financial relationship or contract with ICANN:

None

9) Please identify any other relevant arrangements, interests, or benefits as requested in the following two questions:

a) Do you, your employer, and/or sponsor have any type of material or financial interest in the At-Large advisory process and its outcomes?

No

If the answer is “Yes,” please describe the interest:

b) Are there any arrangements/agreements between you and any other group, constituency or person(s) regarding your participation as a work team member?

No

If the answer is “Yes,” please describe the arrangements/agreements and the name of the group, constituency, or person(s):

10) Please identify any Working Groups or other chartered teams in which you are participating (include acronyms, if applicable):

11) Additional information (optional):

It has been a great honor to be the representative for NARALO &  ALAC North America on the 2018 ICANN Nominating Committee.  I thank you for selecting me for the first term and ask for your consideration for a second term.  

Since the kick-off of the 2018 NOMCOM team in October 2017, I have dedicated my time and effort to learn and actively participate in applying and developing processes, procedures, recommendations to facilitate the vital work that we do for the ICANN Community. I have been fully invested in the 3 of 5 phases  (Preparatory, Recruitment, Assessment, Selection & Reporting) completed thus far or still in progress in our annual cycle of responsibilities. I have additionally attended all in-person meetings and conference calls in order to stay well informed and always ready to contribute. Finally, I have actively communicated updates on the NOMCOM progress in as much as I could (that is public information) with the ALAC/NARALO community as part of my responsibility.

A great source of support has been from the experienced second term NOMCOM Delegates, which speaks to the valuable growth that happens in the second term.  I believe a second term will  give me the opportunity to leverage the experience from my first year and allow me to be even more effective in my contribution to the ICANN Community, the Internet and ALAC / NARALO community.

I thank you for your consideration.

12) Page last revised:

24-Apr-2017

===========================

At-Large SOI Template v3 (Feb 2014)

• No labels