Country of Origin/Country of Residence
Expression of Interest
|Clement Genty||Self - nomination||France|
Call for nominations
The current EURALO Board term ends on 9 December 2017. As agreed on the November EURALO monthly call, EURALO's Chair and Secretariat would like to announce a call for nominations to fill Board positions for the next 2 years ( 9 December 2017 – 9 December 2019). This call is made in accordance with the EURALO Articles of Association and Selection and performance criteria for EURALO Board members 2015. In addition, it should be mentioned that a recent discussion on the EURALO mailing list as well as the EURALO monthly call of 21 November 2017, made it quite clear that there was a need to for Board members as a whole to share responsibilities with the EURALO Chair and Secretariat in assuming the following topics:
1. Legal issues
2. Policy Development
3. Communication including leading the work on the EURALO website/WIKI/Facebook page.
4. Outreach with communities outside ICANN
Please note the rules and agreements applicable to this election at: http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/euro-discuss/2015-November/004161.html. In accordance with these agreements, kindly note:
1. The size of the EURALO Board will be 5 members, plus ex-officio, the EURALO Chair and EURALO Secretary;
2. There should be a maximum limit of 1 Board member per country;
3. Each EURALO At-Large Structure will be given 5 votes that they will need to cast on 5 people;
4. As is the usual custom in votes involving people, votes will take place by secret ballot;
5. The Board will be selected for a two-years-term; and as a novelty: not performing Board members can be recalled after one year to allow to be replaced by better candidates.
The EURALO Board should be balanced but EURALO has not reached a consensus on having direct absolute criteria for geographical (East/Western Europe) or Gender criteria. As geographical and gender balance are important in our region, I ask you to consider these issues when making your selection.
Please submit your nominations and self-nominations starting 21 November until 28 November 23:59 UTC by sending an email to the EURALO mailing list and coping At – Large staff email@example.com . All candidates who accept their nominations by the deadline above must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI). To read the Expression of Interest Statements from Board members please visit: https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/EURALO+Board+Election+process++2015
The online vote will start on 29 November 2017 at 23:59 UTC to 7 December 2017 at 23:59 UTC