Gisella Gruber:Welcome to the At-Large Regional Leadership Special Purpose Call: “Community On-Boarding Program”on Wednesday 18 October 2017 at 18:00 UTC

Gisella Gruber:Agenda: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_65REB&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=DvA5wBWFAvXhLBZ4JJ1UdaxQuab29VQzSeZsg_p1scM&s=7hjfCjDRRkliQALvnrb1nNMoY-H9hmnp0ycxGoXDAWY&e=

Gisella Gruber:Welcome Eduardo

Eduardo Diaz:@Gisella: Thnaks

judith hellerstein:HI Gisella

Fatimata:Hello All

Heidi Ullrich:Agenda at: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_pages_viewpage.action-3FpageId-3D71603435&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=DvA5wBWFAvXhLBZ4JJ1UdaxQuab29VQzSeZsg_p1scM&s=sYo6YyxKGdniy6oJpldsRxoD4qHdpdJdayZW6_zwMNE&e=

judith hellerstein:HI Maureen

Maureen Hilyard:Good morning all

judith hellerstein:Is Humberto an apology?

Gisella Gruber:Welcome Humberto

judith hellerstein:Great!! Welcome Humberto

Humberto Carrasco:i am here

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_atlarge_At-2DLarge-2BCommunity-2BOnboarding&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=DvA5wBWFAvXhLBZ4JJ1UdaxQuab29VQzSeZsg_p1scM&s=2bEF59jIOt2ORA7pa6X1B5znhzWgVaTM987MWMGUHVc&e=

judith hellerstein:How were the mentees and mentors chosen

judith hellerstein:both for at large and for the other constituencies

Fatimata:Will the ICANN learn program be in all the 6 languages?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:sure can I share my screen

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:it would be easier to show

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:ok excellent Dev

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:So I need to be made a host or presenter

Fatimata:Thanks

Heidi Ullrich:@Dev, you are a presenter

Gisella Gruber:@ Dev - you are presenter

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:ok

judith hellerstein:Also will the ICANN learn program be transcripted or captioned?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:thanks

Heidi Ullrich:The selection proecess will likely need to be looked at more closely in order to ensure that the mentors  are a good fit for the community and the program.

Fatimata:+1 @ Heidi

Heidi Ullrich:Recall that the initial program was called the "Mentorship Program"

Alan Greenberg:Can I please answer that?

Heidi Ullrich:which would indicate the Mentees would be expected to be somewhat familiar with At-Large

Fatimata:@Heidi, then the objectives of the 2 programs are different or may be I don't understand

Heidi Ullrich:@Fatimata, you make a good point. This is one of the reasons for taking a closer look at the program going forward

Fatimata:Yes, let's reboot!

Maureen Hilyard:Sounds good

judith hellerstein:I agree we need to reboot it and have it well documented to all and also that it works for us

judith hellerstein:would be great to have one from each ralo

Heidi Ullrich:This might be a topic to add to the RALO Development Session

judith hellerstein:Yes Heidi I think that will be a great idea

Fatimata:+1 @Heidi

judith hellerstein:Glad to see that all the presentations and classes in the ICANN leanr program will be captioned as well

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:just to confirm - is my screen showing

Heidi Ullrich:Please see the current deliverables across the COP particpants at : https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_COP22_Community-2BOnboarding-2BPilot-2BProgram&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=DvA5wBWFAvXhLBZ4JJ1UdaxQuab29VQzSeZsg_p1scM&s=1wQTr4CKrn_yMIW4z5eT-TpantZQXAv4KqmuDIWPCHQ&e=

Humberto Carrasco:ok

Heidi Ullrich:At-Large mentors/mentees have developed a strong deliverable

Maureen Hilyard:@ Eduardo - I see better alignment between what is and has been done

Heidi Ullrich:Do we have agreement to add the COP issue to the RALO Development Session?

Eduardo Diaz:@Maureen: My expectation is to see a single coordinate program for all ICANN - I hope this is it.Time will tell.

Daniel K. Nanghaka 2:I believe we should set a target for the COP especially with a challenge if New comers or individuals understanding the PDP

Daniel K. Nanghaka 2:This is where the COP works best and the materials that were developed made understanding so easy just like one of the members in the community testified in Joburg

Isaac Maposa:Thanks Heidi, thanks Daniel

Daniel K. Nanghaka 2:@Heidi, If the COP issue is to be introduced in the RALO development process then Capacity Building will have to take up this up - my 2 cents for the COP to be managed by O&E to focus on Beginners

Eduardo Diaz:Any ideas on how we are goinfg to measure the effectiveness of this program?

Daniel K. Nanghaka 2:So there shoud be a clear demarcation of COP and target group well

Heidi Ullrich:@Daniel, it might be useful to ensure that the COP allows in new ALSes and individuals know how to engage effectively in At-Large.

Heidi Ullrich:There are other programs for ensuring they know about PDPs, etc

Maureen Hilyard:@Dev A great resource

Fatimata:Thanks Dev.  Well done!

Daniel K. Nanghaka 2:Yes, the New ALSes and Individuals will be treated as New Comers such that they can better understand the process

Heidi Ullrich:Great source, Dev! Great starting point

Heidi Ullrich:@Daniel, the COP and At-Large should also develop programs to take people through the entire journey at ICANN/At-Large

Heidi Ullrich:not just for newcomers

Daniel K. Nanghaka 2:COP will take in anyone who need to understand the processes especially with the simpliefied manner

Daniel K. Nanghaka 2:@Heidi, this is what makes COP Strong

Heidi Ullrich:Agree, Daniel! There is a lot of opportunity!

Humberto Carrasco 2:A lot  of work

Daniel K. Nanghaka 2:The current challenge that is faced is Members understanding the Processes, Its not until they understand then the Engagement will come in, after engagement then PArticipation

Fatimata:Can we add levels in the COP so that the new comer will start from level 1, others who are more advanced to pick from another higher level

Eduardo Diaz:I am not sure at the moment. I need to digest it.

Humberto Carrasco 2:I agree Eduardo

Daniel K. Nanghaka 2:@Fatimata. All this is possible and the O&E WG has done tremendous work on this

Fatimata:@Daniel, thanks.  We can have a single program with different levels, IMHO

Alan Greenberg:Sorry, have to leave for another meeting.

Daniel K. Nanghaka 2:I think a special discussion is needed to focus on RALOs

Daniel K. Nanghaka 2:and RALO Development Process

judith hellerstein:That was my question as well

Heidi Ullrich:+1 Daniel

Fatimata:+1 Daniel

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I do need to drop off the call

Heidi Ullrich:Adding a regional dimension might be useful to the slides

Fatimata:@Olivier, I have to leave the call in 2 mns

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Dev. great work!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I can answer any questions after

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond:thanks for the heads up Fatimata -- we'll end shortly

Heidi Ullrich:There is a discussion on the COP on Sunday afternoon at ICANN 60

Silvia Vivanco:I agree with Daniel, a customized approach is needed for RALOs

Heidi Ullrich:We'll add a section to the RALO  Development Session, as well.

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks so much, All!

Heidi Ullrich:Looking forward to more useful discussions at ICANN 60 and beyond!

Fatimata:A very good call.  Thank you all

Humberto Carrasco 2:thanks a lot

Daniel K. Nanghaka 2:Thank you and looking forward to seeing you all in Abu Dhabi

judith hellerstein:thanks all and look forward to seeing all in abu dhabi

Heidi Ullrich:RALO leaders - bring your ideas to the RALO Development Session!

judith hellerstein:I think this would be very helpful for our new ALSes and new Fellows from NARALO

judith hellerstein:WE had an orientation program eaarleir and can give this to them for their reading pleasure before they go to icann

Maureen Hilyard:I agree Judith.. for new ALSes. Fellows get a lot of information and support

Heidi Ullrich:RALO leaders could use this material to onboard new members

Eduardo Diaz:Bye

Maureen Hilyard:Thanks Olivier

Daniel K. Nanghaka 2:Bye

Humberto Carrasco 2:seee yopu there

Humberto Carrasco 2:bye

• No labels