Attendees: 

Sub-group Members:  Alan Greenberg, Avri Doria, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Christopher Wilkinson, Farzaneh Badii, Greg Shatan, Jorge Villa, Kavouss Arasteh, Olga Cavalli, Steve DelBianco   (10)

Staff:  Bernard Turcotte, Brenda Brewer

Apologies:  Herb Waye, Rosalía Morales

** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to acct-staff@icann.org **

Transcript

Recording

Agenda

0. Call Admin and Roll Call / Apologies (2min-CLO) 

1. Welcome - Opening Remarks - Our aim and purpose for today's call (3-5 min-SDB, CLO)

2. Review (brief) of last meeting records here and any Action Items (5-10 min- SDB, CLO) 

• Refer here to our Google Doc and any list interaction on changes to draft text. Google Doc version is available here.

3. Primary Agenda Item - Discussion (25-35  min SDB, FB)

• Continue Review Public Comment documentation, and consideration of any amendments to our recommendations, from our last call and intersession list exchanges. Starting point for today can be text regarding Open and Closed Meetings.
  • Continue development of options for our FINAL Recommendation text edits or changes and then publish a report on results of the public consultation. To be in line with current timeline and milestone dates for WS2 project *completion* by end June 2018.  <display new timeline slide BT> 

4 .  Next Steps. (5 min-CLO, SB)

- CCWG still need to determine if any changes to our report are significant or not.

- If significant changes are recommended, CCWG-Accountability WS2 may require a second public consultation.

- If changes are not significant, CCWG-Accountability WS2 can forward final recommendations to Chartering Organizations for 
approval, and then to the ICANN Board for consideration and adoption. Noting the timeline and Key milestone dates.

5.  AOB / Meeting Schedule (5 min-CLO)

• August Dates:

• Thursday 10th @ 0500 UTC
    • Thursday 17th @ 1300 UTC
    • Thursday 24th @ 1900 UTC
    • Thursday 31st @ 0500 UTC 

Raw Captioning Notes

Disclaimer: This rough edit transcript, which may contain missing, misspelled or paraphrased words, is only provided for your immediate review and is not certified as verbatim and is not to be cited in any way. 

Decisions:

• Aim to submit the next version of the recommendations to the plenary for 11 October for a first reading on 18 October and a second reading on 27 October at the Face to Face in Abu Dhabi.

Action Items:

• SDB – Produce next version of report

Requests:

• Participants to look at the comments summary from the Public Consultation to be able to engage in a discussion on these at the next meeting.

Documents Presented 

Chat Transcript

Kavouss Arasteh: (8/3/2017 13:07) Dear Respectful Brenda

Kavouss Arasteh: (13:07) How are you today?

Brenda Brewer: (13:18) Dear Kavouss!  Hello, I am well, and you?

Brenda Brewer: (13:20) Welcoem to WS2 SO/AC Accountability Subgroup Meeting #27 on 3 August 2017@ 19:00 UTC!

Brenda Brewer: (13:20) If you are not speaking, please mute your phone by pressing *6 (star 6).  This call is recorded.

Brenda Brewer: (13:20) Reminder to all, please speak slowly and state your name before speaking for the Captioner.  Thank you!

Bonnie-CART: (13:52) Hello, Brenda!  Can you please tell me who the Rapporteur will be for this meeting?

Brenda Brewer: (13:53) Yes, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Steve DelBianco, and Farzaneh Badii

Kavouss Arasteh: (13:53) Not very well,

Bonnie-CART: (13:53) Thank you very much!

Olga Cavalli: (13:53) Hello all!!!

Kavouss Arasteh: (13:54) Peopèle treated me badly. They disrespect m,e

Kavouss Arasteh: (13:54) They offend me

Kavouss Arasteh: (13:54) They insult me

Kavouss Arasteh: (13:54) And they do not want me to be active

Kavouss Arasteh: (13:54) Pls do not erase these commentzs

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (13:57) Kavouss we never erase anything from any Adobe chat

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (13:57) Unless at the request of the person who wrote it

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (13:59) cheryl audio very bad

Olga Cavalli: (14:00) bad audio

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (14:00) 8

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (14:00) good o go

Steve DelBianco: (14:00) Bernie and Brenda -- can you please have our latest draft report PDF ready to load?

Kavouss Arasteh: (14:01) BrendaIam here waiting to be calélwed

Brenda Brewer: (14:02) Kavouss, they system is calling you now, however, there is no answer.  Am I to use the regular number, Kavouss?

Kavouss Arasteh: (14:02) yes

Brenda Brewer: (14:02) See your name at bottom of list with green arrow, that means you are being dialed.

Kavouss Arasteh: (14:02) sORRY IT IS THE EGULAR NUMBER. TKS

Brenda Brewer: (14:04) Cheryl, I am going to call you again for a better connection.  

Brenda Brewer: (14:04) OK?

Kavouss Arasteh: (14:04) iT CAME BUT INTERRUPTED IMMEDIATELY

Kavouss Arasteh: (14:05) Ppls rerty

Brenda Brewer: (14:05) Calling you again, Kavouss.

Steve DelBianco: (14:06) 5.Notes, minutes, or records of allopen meetings should be made publicly available.

Steve DelBianco: (14:07) "notes, minutes, records of all  closed meetings, if any should be made available for the members and  should not be made  publicly available .

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:09) Good point Bernie we may need to acknowledge that in some way

Kavouss Arasteh: (14:09) Steve, membershio covers Mrmbers, participanrts and observers

avri doria: (14:10) was the 'where applicable' the good faith solution, i do not remeber for sure.

avri doria: (14:10) i als think that there should be a public note on the closed meeting indicating the reason for it being closed.

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (14:10) @Avri re Good Faith - No - since our recommendations are not that  long Lorie agreed to tweak the document

Farzaneh Badii: (14:11) Avri we have that in the recommendations

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:11) Available the final text for that issue is not quite settled

Farzaneh Badii: (14:11) let me look it up

avri doria: (14:11) ok, i forgot - does it apply to the public nature as in minutes.

avri doria: (14:11) will go back anf look

avri doria: (14:12) i like the dea of note &c being published for member.

Steve DelBianco: (14:12)  "notes, minutes, records of all  closed meetings, if any should be made available for the members and  should not be made  publicly available .

Farzaneh Badii: (14:14) yeah with NCUC too. sometimes even transcripts of closed meetings are published after the meeting

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:15) ALAC has a way of dealing with that as well Steve/Greg

avri doria: (14:15) FB, the text is not clear on there being a published record of the reason for closing a meeting.  I.e. archiving that as well as the minute &c.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:15) and Alan is in Queensland

Farzaneh Badii: (14:15) can you suggest a text Avri or shall I work on it?

Alan Greenberg: (14:15) I am in Queensland???  I wish!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:16) how does auto correct make Queensland out of que ???

Kavouss Arasteh: (14:16) After if any say

Kavouss Arasteh: (14:17)  Hoqwerver, the mints would be always made available  publicly.

Steve DelBianco: (14:17) Alan -- you are saying "need not" as opposed to "should not"

avri doria: (14:17) somthing like/ a record should be archived of all close meeting and the reason they were closed. If only a section of a meeting is closed, that shuld be documented in the ntes &.

Farzaneh Badii: (14:18) ASOs made the point that they are different and have different governance multiple times

Farzaneh Badii: (14:18) we even have that in the report somewhere I think

avri doria: (14:18) i just did a quick search and did not find it.  but can ceck furth.  if it is there, then "nevermind"

Kavouss Arasteh: (14:19) so for the second part we say, whenever, foer closec meeting ,notes and rescords are only made available for membership however, the minutes of closed meetingshould be made available to public  

Steve DelBianco: (14:21) notes, minutes, records of all  closed meetings, if any, should be made available for the members and  need not be made  publicly available .

Alan Greenberg: (14:26) No. They *MAY* be made available.

Steve DelBianco: (14:26) notes, minutes, records of all open membership meetings should be made publicly available.”

Steve DelBianco: (14:26) notes, minutes, records of all  closed meetings, if any, should be made available for the members and  need not be made  publicly available .

avri doria: (14:28) i like the idea of using a term such as records and defining it leave it as a inter alia definition

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:29) I agree Alan and Avri

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (14:32) Time check 28 minutes left

Farzaneh Badii: (14:34) so here is what we need to do: clarify the term "records" and a clarification on ASOs and their independent governance system (which was mentioned in our earlier reports and I will find the language and make a suggestion)

Kavouss Arasteh: (14:39) Why we need to go to public comments as the changes are of calarification nature

Kavouss Arasteh: (14:43) We should aim to finish every thing by October unless CCWG gives us new assignments

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (14:44) Time Check 15 minutes left in call

Alan Greenberg: (14:44) He is "away"

Steve DelBianco: (14:45) Accountability Good Practice #5. SO/AC/Groups should publish an annual report on what they have done during the prior year to improve accountability, transparency, and participation, describing where they might have fallen short, and any plans for future improvements.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:45) noted Bernie

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:46) we're tracking 👌

Farzaneh Badii: (14:46) they want to make my life easier :)

Alan Greenberg: (14:46) Heavens NO. No more external consultants!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:47) gee Alan...why ever not :-)  LOL

Alan Greenberg: (14:47) Unlkess of course *I* am the consultant (my rates are quite reasonable).

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:48) :-)

Alan Greenberg: (14:48) And if anyone is reading this after the fact, that was a joke.

Greg Shatan: (14:48) Too late, Alan, you're hired.

Alan Greenberg: (14:49) If only.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:49) lot

Kavouss Arasteh: (14:49) Why we need the external entity to prepare a report for the entire community?

Kavouss Arasteh: (14:49) Are we creating job for  them

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (14:49) hand

Kavouss Arasteh: (14:49) We need to agree whether we really need an external entity to do so

Kavouss Arasteh: (14:52) Frzi, I do not agree with you

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:52) it would get lots of push back

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:53) not your average bear Bernie

Farzaneh Badii: (14:54) on what issue Kavouss?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:55) encourage regular reporting and updates on work conducted each year sort of language Bernie

Farzaneh Badii: (14:55) sorry I was just immediately called into a meeting

Steve DelBianco: (14:56) SO/AC/Groups should annually publish a brief report on what they have done during the prior year to improve accountability, transparency, and participation, describing where they might have fallen short, and any plans for future improvements.

Kavouss Arasteh: (14:57) Steve, I am not in favour of engaging excternal entity for any reportz

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:57) listening still team

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (14:58) @Kavouss - no support for external

Kavouss Arasteh: (14:58) Tks Bernie

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:58) the everyone all in for Pc review for our next call

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (14:59) bye

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (14:59) 16 to 23 August will be noted on our internal list

Bernard Turcotte - ICANN: (15:00) Bye all

Greg Shatan: (15:00) Bye!

• No labels