- Why is "not inconsistent" used rather than "consistent" for the policy recommendations being implemented? Does it mean the same thing?
- When the board was considering the recommendations, they found some recommendations "inconsistent" with the GAC Advice. And, these "inconsistent" recommendation were not adapted for implementation. In contrast, the recommendations that were "not inconsistent" were adapted for implementation. Therefore, "not inconsistent" and "consistent" do mean the same for the purposes of our implementation.
- When will the "inconsistent" recommendation be resolved for implementation?
- The timing and the process for resolving these inconsistencies depends activities outside of this policy implementation team and IRT. Any scope change for this policy implementation project must be received from the board resolution. Please refer to the GNSO Policy Development Project page for progress of activities regarding the board adaption: https://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/active/igo-ingo
- Does this policy apply to all gTLDs or just new gTLDs?
- The policy applies to all gTLDs. However, the timing of the implementation effective dates will determine the practical impact that it has to the gTLDs. Please review the final policy document and it's effective date for careful consideration.
- Who should I contact if I have questions?
Submit questions via email@example.com with the following subject heading “Inquiry – IGO/INGO Identifier Protection Policy.”