Attendees: 

Sub-group Members:  Alan Greenberg, Avri Doria, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Julf Helsingius, Lori Schulman.

Staff:  Bernard Turcotte, Yvette Guigneaux.  (Tina - captioner)

Apologies:  Lito Ibarra, Herb Waye.

** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to acct-staff@icann.org **

Transcript

Recording

Agenda

1. Attendance

2. Changes to SOI

3. Discussion of ASO position on guidelines

4. AOB

Raw Captioning Notes

Please note that these are the unofficial transcript. Official transcript will be posted 2-3 days after the call

Decisions:

• Lori to reach out to Jason Schiller regarding his comment to arrange a meeting ASAP wrt ASO concerns. Once a date is set advise and invite the sub-group.

Action Items:

• LS – reach out to Jason Schiller regarding his comment to arrange a meeting ASAP wrt ASO concerns
  • AG – Review draft recommendation vs potential ASO concerns.

Requests:

• None

Documents Presented

None

Chat Transcript

Yvette Guigneaux: Guidelines for Good Faith | Meeting #13 | 31 May 2017 @ 19: 00 UTC!

Yvette Guigneaux: If you are not speaking, please mute your phone by pressing *6 (star 6).  To unmute press *6.  This call is recorded.

Yvette Guigneaux: Reminder to all, please state your name before speaking for the Captioner. 

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: Hello all

Julf Helsingius: lots of empty space

Lori Schulman: It is already with MP3

Yvette Guigneaux: i got one from Lito

avri doria: i have got to say i do not feel rather mighty today.

avri doria: you all might be mighty, but not me

Alan Greenberg: Sorry to be a mite late

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: we will

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): seems like a good plan to interact with the ASO...

Alan Greenberg: I don't recall saying I had specific tweeking, but I think I did say that once we have sort of finished, we should give people a bit of time to read through the final one and comment.

Alan Greenberg: I did say that the comment from the ASO person had some merit in terms of how we referred to the group I think. Need to review to refresh my thoughts.

avri doria: wouldn't a carve out require full group involvement.  and would WS1 allow for such a carve out with major effort?

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: carve out just for Good faith - not about opting out of the EC

Alan Greenberg: WE can carve out for ASO, but then they need to consider liability, because we cannot alter the terms of the infdemnification.

avri doria: did not mean to call them not level headed, and not do i accept that i am not being level headed, so not sure where the reference to level headed comes in.

Julf Helsingius: The ASO is not trying to be difficult - it is just that the "cosntituency" model doesn't really work for the ASO

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: @Julf - agree

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: Lets not use that word - it was suggested to me

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: @ cheryl re ST =  ;-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): that would be a good way forward

Lori Schulman: We have consensus at to "carve out"

avri doria: the other two are not self similar either

Lori Schulman: what is the rest of the world name?

avri doria: and no AC is like any other AC, or is like any of the SO.  each is different, each has a different model

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): exactly Avri

Julf Helsingius: But the ASO is in many ways more different than the others

Alan Greenberg: @yes, we are all different, but in the case of the ASO, it is REALLY out of the model.

Alan Greenberg: I agree with Bernie not asking them to read-line.

avri doria: Julf, I don't really accept that.

Alan Greenberg: Much of their problem is not with our guidelines, but the overall concept.

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: High level  suggestions are fine

Alan Greenberg: I suggest wI re-identify the problem I saw before we approach them.

Julf Helsingius: If ICANN went away today, the numbers peopel would happily keep doing what they have always been doing

avri doria: as went the PSO so goes the ASO?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): that applies to the ccNSO  as well

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: Lets get the meeting arranged ASAP

avri doria: just in case we are thowing terms around, i am noither upset nor nervous, not do i have a tmperature.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): YES

Alan Greenberg: Lots of technical people spend a LOT of their time with contracts!

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: The ASO is quite proficient at these types of documents

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): my yes was to Bernie

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: Not carlos - Jason directly

avri doria: RIRs "carved out " of the IANA governance, I would hope this is not the other side of the coin.

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: Next calls are 7 and 14th

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: 7th 1900UTC

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support: we also have onne on 21 June

avri doria: i am never critical but will try to attend

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): I can do up to 3 calls at once but prefer only 2

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): especially in winter and at 0500

avri doria: i can only do 2.

avri doria: get really confused at 3

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): my confusion level is probably normal : -)

avri doria: something about only haviing 2 ears. and happy automn

Yvette Guigneaux: LOL

avri doria: and it is another month till wither winter or summer

Lori Schulman: ciao

Yvette Guigneaux: hand up from Bernie

• No labels