Attendees: 

Sub-group Members:  Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong, Andreea Brambilla, Avri Doria, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Dalila Rahmouni, Finn Petersen, Fiona Asonga, Herb Waye, Julie Hammer, Lito Ibarra, Lousewies van der Laan, Olga Cavalli, Olivier Muron, Pam Little, Pua Hunter, Rafik Dammak, Renata Aquino Ribeiro   (17)

Observers/Guests: Taylor Bentley

Staff:   Bernard Turcotte, Brenda Brewer, Elizabeth Andrews, Meghan Healy   (4)

Apologies:  Sebastien Bachollet, Amal Al-saqqaf 

** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to acct-staff@icann.org **

Transcript

Recording

Agenda

1. Roll call

2. Review of action items

3. Status of Interpretation request

4. Progress of draft report - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l2cGcx8nNvYSg_ZMUVnoC2t0VKb4ATQVTXxcxYILrXc/edit[docs.google.com]

5- AOB 

Notes (including relevant portions of chat):

12 participants at start of call

1. Roll call

2. Review of action items

•   Fiona Asonga – to write to Co-Chairs requesting publication of the questionnaire per the decisions on this.(completed).

(discussion around publishing the questionnaire to the general public.)

Fiona Asonga - Questionnaire only to SOACs - including sub-groups? (none opposed)

Decision – The Diversity questionnaire will only be sent to the Board, SOACs and other relevant groups within ICANN.

•   Fiona Asonga – to write to drafting group to clean up current draft to begin work with the objective of completing a first draft for public comment by ICANN59. (completed)

3. Status of Interpretation request

Fiona Asonga - There has been a response to our request with two options. Interpretation or captioning in the requested languages.

Action Item – Staff - Given the time left in the year we would appreciate receiving a service as soon as possible and would ask staff to advise if the lead time to provide either services is the same. Once staff has reported on this the co-rapporteurs will make the decision for group (none opposed).

4. Progress of draft report

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l2cGcx8nNvYSg_ZMUVnoC2t0VKb4ATQVTXxcxYILrXc/edit[docs.google.com]

Fiona Asonga - Presentation of the latest version of the draft report. Would ask everyone to read through it so we can have a more substantive discussion on the content on our next call.

5- AOB

Action Item - GAC underserved regions working group - provide an update on their work and questionnaire to the Diversity sub-group ASAP.

Fiona Asonga - Adjourned.

Decisions:

• The Diversity questionnaire will only be sent to the Board, SOACs and other relevant groups within ICANN.

Action Items:

• Staff - Given the time left in the year we would appreciate receiving a service as soon as possible and would ask staff to advise if the lead time to provide either services is the same.
  • GAC underserved regions working group - provide an update on their work and questionnaire to the Diversity sub-group ASAP.

Documents Presented

Chat Transcript

Yvette Guigneaux:Welcome all to the Diversity Subgroup Meeting #17  |  Thursday, 06 April 2017 @ 13:00 UTC!

Yvette Guigneaux:This meeting will be recorded.  Please mute your phone when not speaking by pressing *6 (star 6)  *6 will also unmute.

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:good day all

Herb Waye Ombuds:Hi everyone

FIONA ASONGA 2:Halo everyone

Brenda Brewer:If the phone number ending in 3025 would please identify their name for attendance purposes, please.  Thank you!

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:have posted in notes

Andreea Brambilla:Hi Brenda, apologies, it's me. I'm working from two phones.

Brenda Brewer:Thank you, Andreea!

RAHMOUNI Dalila:HEllo

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong:hello everyone sorry for being late

Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:hi Sorry for the delay, some app from adobe kept me busy for some time

avri doria:how deep into the organizations that make up the SOAC are we hoping to go?

Julie Hammer (SSAC):This was always going to include component parts, if the component parts wished to respond.

Julie Hammer (SSAC):However, there was a suggestion during CPH that we should allow individuals and "loosely affiliated group" to respond.

FIONA ASONGA 2:I have lost audio

Julie Hammer (SSAC):Bernard, are you suggesting we just do public consultation on the report, and get our feedback from that rather than  a questionnaire for the public?

avri doria:ok, in which case i do not see the problem. guess i am being a bit dense.  we just need to look at the set of answers differently

Julie Hammer (SSAC):Yes, Bernard, I think you are right!

RAHMOUNI Dalila:Fiona can you send you the two propositions?

FIONA ASONGA 2:There has been a response to our request with two options. Interpretation or captionning in the requested languages.

RAHMOUNI Dalila:I think we need to send the two option to the group

RAHMOUNI Dalila:I have a queqtion, with the captionning can peopole speak their native language during the call?

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:I would have to confirm but I beive so

RAHMOUNI Dalila:Thak you

RAHMOUNI Dalila:Because what is important, it is to have the possibility to express their view in their language

avri doria:i thought the captioners captioned the translation.

Julie Hammer (SSAC):I don't think this is the latest version.

Rafik 2:yes Julie

Julie Hammer (SSAC):But it is close.

Rafik 2:I guess that is enough to explain the layout

Julie Hammer (SSAC):Yes, good enough for that, Rafik.  :-)

Julie Hammer (SSAC):This now looks like the latest draft! :-))

Julie Hammer (SSAC):Yes

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):yes

Brenda Brewer:Yes, we hear you, Fiona

Julie Hammer (SSAC):Is Rafik's audio connected?

Lousewies van der Laan:yes

Brenda Brewer:dialing out to Rafik, please stand by.

Renata Aquino:(hello apologies for joining in late)

Renata Aquino:(belated thanks Kim and Julie - following the emails)

Rafik 2:a survey about gender diveristy to be issued soon , DPRD staff will cooperate with ans share the results and analysis

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):all good

Renata Aquino:Rafik that is great to know

Renata Aquino:Fiona that is great to know

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:Next meeting is THURSDAY 13 April 1300UTC (same time as today)

Renata Aquino:Would like to contribute to this questionnaire

Andreea Brambilla:What timeline are we working with for written comments on the new version of the draft report?

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:(Friday is Good Friday)

Renata Aquino:Bernard thanks

Pua Hunter:Thank you Fiona.. we will discuss and revert back to you

Rafik 2:@Bernie all fridays are TGIF ;

Pua Hunter:yes, will do

Renata Aquino:<comment> saw that there was a possibility of captioning of the meetings, would really like that if possible, is there something else I can do to ask for that/gather support?</question>

Renata Aquino:sorry that was a quesiton to be read, no audio here

Renata Aquino:fiona

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:@ Renata  - no

Renata Aquino:my question

Renata Aquino:ah ok

Renata Aquino:Tks Bernard

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):thanks everyone,  bye for now then...

Renata Aquino:Thanks then bye

RAHMOUNI Dalila:thank you very much

Herb Waye Ombuds:bye

Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:bye all

Andreea Brambilla:Thanks all!

• No labels