You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 3 Next »

Attendees: 

Sub-group Members:  Avri Doria, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Dalila Rahmouni, Finn Petersen, Fiona Asonga, Herb Waye, Julie Hammer, Lousewies van der Laan, Olga Cavalli, Olivier Muron, Renata Aquino Ribeiro   (11)

Observers/Guests:  Taylor RW Bentley

Staff:  Bernard Turcotte, Brenda Brewer, Laena Rahim, Meghan Healy   (4)

Apologies:  Amal Al-saqqaf

** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to acct-staff@icann.org **


Transcript

  • Word.doc

  • PDF          

Recording

Agenda

1. Roll Call

2.  Review of Actions items

     •   RD will update the questionnaire and transmit to plenary list for inclusion for face to face meeting. 

     • RD to poll group for languages needed for interpretation and send request to plenary by 7 March 2359 UTC requesting interpretation services for these. 

3.  Review feedback from Copenhagen meeting

4.  AOB

Notes (including relevant portions of chat):

12 Participants at start of call

1.  Roll Call

2.  Review of Actions items:

  • RD will update the questionnaire and transmit to plenary list for inclusion for face to face meeting. (completed)
  • RD to poll group for languages needed for interpretation and send request to plenary by 7 March 2359 UTC requesting interpretation services for these. (completed)

3.  Review feedback from Copenhagen meeting

Questionnaire

Fiona Asonga - circulated new version of questionnaire on 12 March. Any questions or queeries? (none). Consensus of first reading.

Renata Aquino Ribeiro: yes

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2: yes

Dalila RAHMOUNI 2: yes

Julie Hammer - do wee need a second reading?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2: take it to Plenary on 29 the.... fine by me

Renata Aquino Ribeiro: yes

Bernard Turcotte - Plenary expecting draft recommendations and the questionnaire.

Julie Hammer - questionnaire should be separate and go to the plenary.

Fiona Asonga - Have been asked to include draft recommendations.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr - need to get a questionnaire to next plenary on 29 March and we will get the recommendations to a following plenary and then publish both together.

Fiona Asonga - Propose we are with approach by CLO? (no objections).

Decision – Submit questionnaire to plenary for second reading at its 29 March meeting.

Interpretation

Bernard Turcotte - Have the 3 request for French and Spanish interpretation - need the schedule of calls to end of June to make the request.

Fiona Asonga - working on schedule of calls to end of June (action item).

Renata Aquino Ribeiro - Suggest Rafik and Fiona publish a draft schedule for May and June to the list and anyone with strong objections can post these.

Fiona Asonga - will do.

Action Item – FA – Publish a draft schedule of meetings to the end of June to the Diversity list for comments. Then publish final to complete Interpretation request.

Report/recommendations

Fiona Asonga - need more volunteers for the drafting group. Will send a request to the list

Action Item – FA – Post a request for volunteers to join the Recommendations drafting group.

4.  AOB

Julie Hammer - Concern about costing of the various proposals by the various WS2 sub-groups. Is our recommendation that there be an office of Diversity without considering all the requirements and impacts. My take away, perhaps, what needs to happen without proposing an organizational solution at this time.

Renata Aquino Ribeiro - Agree we have to follow process - send out questionnaire gather input and then seriously consider the recommendations.

Avri Doria - Agree that organizational change is probably premature at this point. May not be premature to say we need a function in the organization without needing a formal organizational change.

Julie Hammer (SSAC): Agree, Avri!

Finn Petersen, GAC - DK: agree with avri

Julie Hammer (SSAC): Yes, that is what I was trying to say!

Renata Aquino Ribeiro: Avri I like that idea of address too but yes discussing its shape later

Fiona Asonga - will leave the Diversity Office item in the report but will note that for now that is simply a place holder for the idea.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2: my green tick was up for Julie and Avri's innervations, yes

Julie Hammer (SSAC): Suggest we describe it functionally, not organizationally, as Avri said.

Fiona Asonga - any further items? (none). Actions items present questionnaire at 29 plenary, finalize schedule to end of June ASAP to get interpretation request sent - send a request for participants to join the drafting team - the report will note that the recommendation for a Diversity office is simply a place holder for now.

 

Decisions:

  • Submit questionnaire to plenary for second reading at its 29 March meeting.
  • Note in the current version of the report that the recommendation for a Diversity office is simply a place holder for now.

 

Action Items:

 

  • FA – Publish a draft schedule of meetings to the end of June to the Diversity list for comments. Then publish final to complete Interpretation request.
  • FA – Post a request for volunteers to join the Recommendations drafting group.


Documents Presented

 Chat Transcript

Yvette Guigneaux:Welcome all to the Diversity Subgroup Meeting #15 | 23 March 2017 @ 13:00 UTC!

  Yvette Guigneaux:This meeting will be recorded.  Please mute your phone when not speaking by pressing *6 (star 6)  *6 will also unmute.

  Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:hello all

  FIONA ASONGA:yes

  avri doria:apologies, need to leave at the half hour.

  Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:good to go

  Olga Cavalli - GAC Argentina:Hi apologies, the Adobe prompt me to install an update

  FIONA ASONGA:It does that some times Olga

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:I did accompany the changes suggested by Julie and also attempted to catch up on the plennary

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:The changes seems to be interesting I have no objection

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:Would be better if the plennary was in a day we could be there but alas it was on a 1st day

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:yes

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2:yes

  Dalila RAHMOUNI 2:yes

  Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:ok so first reading in Diversity and there will be a seccond here

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2:take it to Plenary on 29 the.... fine by me

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:yes

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:I am ok w/ taking it to plennary too

  avri doria:this would be two reading of something that laready had 2, had 1 in plenary and is pending a second in planry

  avri doria:bad typos today

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2:yup @Avri

  avri doria:confused now

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:me too

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:bernard can you repeat?

  FIONA ASONGA:Sorry about that

  avri doria:yes, what Julie says.

  Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:Correct Fiona

  avri doria:so the draft reportt does not include responses from the questioonaire.

  avri doria:how much remains to be done on the draft report?

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:I have this version of the report as last on the list, a PDF https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__drive.google.com_file_d_0BzFxffuM3Hx-5FdUV1OWc0cDg5QWc_view&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=kbiQDH54980u4nTPfwdloDLY6-6F24x0ArAvhdeDvvc&m=FxOYklhQ5G36SKVCU4WjNvRX8YF0eWcfZk2yD2yBhJk&s=cKG1DDp12xo1s1L8syi0hRBflm-AwQ95pQT7PtxdkG0&e=

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:10fev but may have changed

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:Hi Fiona, I guess spanish I sent me, Kimberly and Antonella, 3 right?

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:ok thanks

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:So this mean there will be interpretation at which date?

  Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:No date yet

  avri doria:for futre mtgs once approved? do i understand correctly

  Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:correct

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:Gdocs version of report https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1ziy7NDZZd9bW08HOxY-2DCYUx3qQdno5i9Rqp4fOJtAT0_edit&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=kbiQDH54980u4nTPfwdloDLY6-6F24x0ArAvhdeDvvc&m=FxOYklhQ5G36SKVCU4WjNvRX8YF0eWcfZk2yD2yBhJk&s=ltJKtcrrdPcgCskiQO9Zsczbx8-qxtHB9RVPw2GYDrg&e=

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:3 questions - translation, report and mtg dates arrangement

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:translation ok I understand, I will wait for the announcement for spanish then

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:report understand tks, can continue helping on that too

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:So can we get a doodle to choose a week day and time?

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:ok great then, we'll wait on procedures

  Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:current meetings scheduled are:

  Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:Currently you have on the books weekly calls as follows:Friday 31 March 1900Thursday 6 April 1300Thursday 13 April 1300 (Easter Friday there is no staff support)Thursday 20 April 1300 Wednesday 26 April 1300Nothing after this

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:Thanks Bernard

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:I guess there's a long time until June so polling could be good

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:yes may and june

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:I understand completely

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:So I guess we should get a schedule down for may and june asap

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:Thanks Bernard

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:Fiona thanks looking forward for the schedule then

  Julie Hammer (SSAC):Agree, Avri!

  Finn Petersen, GAC - DK:agree with avri

  Julie Hammer (SSAC):Yes, that is what I was trying to say!

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:Avri I like that idea of address too but yes discussing its shape later

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:Thanks Bernard

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:Yes, I think it is a good idea Fiona

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2:my green tick was up for Julie and Avri's innervations, yes

  Julie Hammer (SSAC):Suggest we describe it functionally, not organizationally, as Avri said.

  Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:time Check - 13 minutes left in call

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO) 2:ok bye for now then...

  avri doria:bye

  Renata Aquino Ribeiro:bye

  Bernard Turcotte Staff Support:bye



  • No labels