What is NARALO?
Welcome to the online home of the At-Large (individual Internet user community) for the North American region, providing news, key resources and interactive features for information sharing for individuals and end-user groups in the North American region interested in ICANN and shaping the future of the Internet.
NOTE: According to current the ICANN regional divisions, NARALO only comprises organisations and individuals located in Canada, the United States, and Puerto Rico. Anyone interested from Central America or the Carribbean would join LACRALO .
MOU Signing in 2007
Left to Right:Randy Glass, Gareth Sherman, Darlene Thompson, (Secretariat), Michael Miranda, Darma Dailey, Vint Cerf (Chair of ICANN), Paul Twomey, ICANN CEO, Luc Faubert, Evan Leibovitch (Chair of NARALO), Robert Guerra, Seth Reiss, Eduardo Diaz
- What is ICANN?
- What is At-Large?
- What is NARALO
- How do I get involved?
- What type of groups can be At-Large Structures?
- Why become an At-Large Structure?
- NEW Online At-Large Structure Application form
- NARALO ALSes and Unaffiliated Members
- NARALO Brochure and Mailcard
- NARALO Operating Principles
- ALS Starter Kit
SLIDESHOW NARALO ALS Outreach
See past issues of the NARALO Newsletter - HERE
- Next Naralo Meeting: 09 January 2017
- Previous NARALO Meeting: 12 December 2016
- NARALO Rules of Procedures Working Committee Call: 16 January 2017
- NARALO Meeting:11 May 2016 - NARALO Elections: Get to Know the Candidates
- NARALO Older Announcements
- At-Large Policy Development Workspace - See what Policy Statements the At-Large Community is currently working on.
- List of certified ALSs
- ALS applications being reviewed (Google Docs account needed for access)
- RALO Organising Documents
- NARALO Regional Officers
- Active Documents
- NARALO Brochure
- NARALO Miscellaneous
AT-LARGE COMMUNITY CALENDAR
- AFRALO: African RALO
- APRALO: Asian/Australian/Pacific RALO
- EURALO: European RALO
- LACRALO: Latin America and the Caribbean RALO
- At-Large official website
- At-Large mailing lists - Join the debate online
- ICANN official website
- ICANNWiki NARALO Site
- NEW! ICANN E-Learning page - Includes various At-Large materials
- NEW! NARALO ALSes Spotlight
ICANN 50 London, June 2014
Left to right: Ogi Mitev ISOC Colorado, Konstantin Kalaitzidis ISOC SF Bay, Glenn McKnight, FBSC (Current Chair), Neil Schwartman CAUSE
First row: Loris Taylor NPM, Robert Castonguay (ISOC Quebec), Silva Vivano and Arial Liang Staff, Louis Houle ISOC Quebec, Name unknown, Judith Hellerstein Capital area Globetrotters (co Chair and Secretariat), Alan Greenberg Unaffiliated Rep, ALAC Chair, Scott Sullivan Greater Toronto Area Linux User Group.
2nd last Back Row: Monique Chartrand, Jonathan Askin ISOC NY, Tim Lowenhaupt, Connecting NYC, Tony Niigani Manitoba E Association, Garth Bruen Knujon (Former Chair), Eduardo Diaz ISOC PR, Sarah Alkire Emerging Futures, Chris Mondini ICANN Staff GSE, Seth Reiss, Evan Leibovitch (Former Chair)
Back Row: Kerry Brown ISOC Canada, Mathew Rantanen, Garth Graham,Telecommunities Canada, Murray McKercher ISOC Canada, John Laprise, Unaffiliated, Alan Skuce, PCNA
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND INFORMATION
Possible RALO Petition Process to Suggest Additional ICANN Board Director Candidates Selected by the At-Large Community
Pursuant to Section 19.9 of the ALAC Rules of Procedure, the BMSPC process involves the option of possible petitions by RALOs to suggest adding Candidates to the Final Slate. RALOs can only suggest Candidates who had previously submitted an EoI to the BCEC during the current selection process. Candidates will be added only if they receive support through a formal vote of at least three of the five RALOs; each RALO shall vote according to its respective rules. Subsequently, the Final Slate of Candidates will proceed to an election by the ALAC Members and RALO Chairs, which is culmination of the ICANN Board Director selection process.
Possible RALO Petition Process starts from now. Please note the following two deadlines:
- By Thursday, 19 January 2017 at 23:59 UTC, each RALO willing to add Candidates to the Slate should have identified additional Candidates and notified the BMSPC.
- By Sunday, 29 January 2017 at 23:59 UTC, in case of petition, all RALOs should have decided whether they support any suggested additional Candidates and notified the BMSPC.
Kindly note that RALOs have the option to identify and/or support additional Candidates but are not required to do so, if they believe that only the BCEC Slate of Candidates should be in the Final Slate.
MEETINGS AND EVENTS
- NARALO General Assembly 2017
- NARALO Meetings and Events
- NARALO AT-LARGE ELECTIONS 2016
- At-Large Advisory Committee Meetings
- ICANN International Meetings
BECOME INVOLVED IN NARALO
- Where can I get more information?
- Where do I find the Application Forms?
- Where to find the NARALO Operating Principles?