Sub-group Members: Avri Doria, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Christopher Wilkinson, Farzaneh Badii, Isaac Maposa, Jorge Villa, Kavouss Arasteh, Sebastien Bachollet, Stephen Deerhake, Steve DelBianco, Tom Dale (11)
Staff: Karen Mulberry, Nathalie Vergnolle, Yvette Guigneaux
Apologies: Julf Helsingius, Olga Cavalli, Herb Waye, Seun Ojedeji, Erich Schweighofer, Rosalia Morales
** If your name is missing from attendance or apology, please send note to firstname.lastname@example.org **
0. Call Administration (2- 5 min CLO)
1. Review of any AI's from call #14 on December 8th see https://community.icann.org/x/D5TDAw[community.icann.org] (5 min CLO)
2. Updates (5-10 mins) :-
* Input from the Survey sent to SOandAC's (5 min CLO)
* Any Sub Team Activities since our last call (3-5 min SDB)
3. Discussion, current DRAFT documentation readings and review. (30 - 40 min CLO/SDB/FB)
- track 1. Review and discuss time line and process for Drafting ST1 to conduct Data Capture and Develop Recommendations to improve SO and AC processes for accountability, transparency, and participation that are helpful to prevent capture.
- track 2. Evaluate the proposed “Mutual Accountability Roundtable” to assess its viability and, if viable, undertake the necessary actions to implement it. The preliminary conclusion in the doc on page 4
- track 3. Assess whether the Independent Review Process (IRP) should be applied to SO & AC activities.
The preliminary conclusion in the doc on page 5
4. Next Meeting and future Meeting schedule (2 Min CLO/Staff)
Notes (including relevant portions of the chat)
- Farzaneh walked through the agenda.
- Request from Kavouss to move the 0500 of JAN 19 to 1900.
0. Call Administration
1. Review of any AI's from call #14 on December 8th
- see https://community.icann.org/x/D5TDAw
- Steve Del Bianco: during the last call, tracks 2 & 3 were discussed. A new version of the document was circulated on Monday, with updates on track 3 regarding IRP. We'll get back to the draft in the last portion of this call.
* Input from the Survey sent to SO andAC's
• Farzaneh: We have received response from the ccNSO, constituency group of GNSO and the GAC. Expecting responses from other parts of the GNSO. We have tabulated the answers from GNSO and GAC in a google doc, we’ll add the ccNSO after this call.
• Steve DelBianco: ASO informed us today that we should have their response this week. We should discuss sending a reminder email to remaining organizations.
• Kavouss suggests adding a deadline for responses to be received, so that there is enough time to analyze the responses.
• avri doria: we should ask again, but remember that while they should fill them out, they are under no obligation to do so.
• Cheryl: maybe our co-chairs can help us get the missing answers.
• Steve: we need to fill subteam 1, so that they start working on this, and we should not wait until our next phone call to start the work.
• Cheryl: it would be helpful to have more people volunteer to join team 1.
• Displayed tabulated table of responses on screen. Current table displayed is difficult to use, because the columns are very narrow.
• Loaded GAC response.
• Steve: We'll have to summarize the responses in order to be able to display them side by side. Let's discuss the methodology to do the analysis.
• Kavouss: we have to keep in mind the end result, which will have to be a short summary of the responses provided.
• CW: Do we expect a GNSO reply, and/or several other replies from their respective communities.
• Steve: we expect responses from GNSO, but also from stakeholder groups and business constituencies
• CW: the first two replies reveal dominant themes, and we should follow these themes (common grounds, and exceptions). This should help identify best practices.
• Cheryl: Subteam 1 can use the weekly call to progress the analysis, as well as work off line through the mailing list.
• Steve suggests breaking down the question #2 into sub-questions using letters to number the sub-questions. Subteam 1 should follow this numbering in their analysis.
• Structural differences need to be noted as part of the analysis, to avoid misinterpretations.
• Steve reiterated the need for more volunteers to participate in the analysis of the responses received.
ACTION (rapporteurs): work with co-chairs to send reminder emails to SO/ACs who haven't responded yet.
3. Discussion, current DRAFT documentation readings and review.
• This section couldn’t be covered in call, due to lack of time.
4. Next Meeting and future Meeting schedule
o 12 January @ 13:00 UTC
o 19 January @ 05:00 UTC
o 26 January @ 13:00 UTC
• Request from Kavouss to move the 0500 of JAN 19 to 1900 - Cheryl will check if the slot is available.
- ACTION (rapporteurs): work with co-chairs to send reminder emails to SO/ACs who haven't responded yet.
Brenda Brewer: Welcome all to the SO/AC Accountability Subgroup Meeting #15 on 15 December @ 05: 00 UTC!
Kavouss Arasteh: Dear Brenda
Kavouss Arasteh: Good evening at this early morning in Geneva
Yvette Guigneaux: Good evening Kavouss
Kavouss Arasteh: Good morning Yevette
Farzaneh Badii: Hi everyone
Stephen Deerhake (.as): Greetings all.
Kavouss Arasteh: Chyril, May you pls move the 0500 of 19 JAN.to 19,00 hours.tks
Farzaneh Badii: oops sorry I did not update ccnso answers. I will do so after this call
Steve DelBianco: ASO informed us today that we should have their response this week
avri doria: we should ask again, but repember that while they should fill them out, they are under no obligation to do so.
avri doria: i think another week request makes sense.
Kavouss Arasteh: The whole process is optional
Kavouss Arasteh: I clearly receive steve's intervention but not the two others
Kavouss Arasteh: Cheryl,
Farzaneh Badii: sorry Kavouss I have some connection problems and my voice is kind of gone
Kavouss Arasteh: Difficult to understand your voice in particular with yr strong pronounciation
Sebastien (ALAC): In whitch SO and AC we have ask to fill more than "just" the "top" body?
Kavouss Arasteh: Stve ,tks speaking clearly and slowly
Farzaneh Badii: so can we give the SO/ACs another week?
Farzaneh Badii: yes
Farzaneh Badii: not CCNSO though
Farzaneh Badii: only BC and GAC
avri doria: yeah send it asap.
Kavouss Arasteh: Steve+1
Farzaneh Badii: here is the doc
Farzaneh Badii: https: //urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1HMLY5b0sWYt67WcOqprc99CcOhqoabC7RiOBUEyvBJ8_edit&d=DgICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=xjNMRR-fjlgBx7tqUEv8lZv2O9RJyMyqWkymcecegCUuwDxFVsW6VBuvkqKnS_lk&m=XPtWJ02SSIG8jDx3r55otcmezOTUT3qzoGVTn2Ukc9M&s=y8JvHDYZC5mgbNIGVjh_NsXGiXjS6tlUCgV0LDhMNEA&e=
Sebastien (ALAC): Can you answer my previous Q?
Sebastien (ALAC): In whitch SO and AC we have ask to fill more than "just" the "top" body?
Kavouss Arasteh: but why not SOP
Kavouss Arasteh: but why not ASO and Alac?
Farzaneh Badii: oh I should change the font color. blue is not great
Yvette Guigneaux: Isaac - good day, there was some background noise coming from the line, so we muted it - if you need to speak you may *6 (star 6) to unmute your phone
Kavouss Arasteh: Cheryl, tks your line is much better than before but just speak more slowly
Yvette Guigneaux: scrolling availalbe if needed
Farzaneh Badii: yes it is not very readable
Isaac Maposa: It's ok. Sorry for that. Had muted it but i was changing Connections.
CW: We received the BC reply
Yvette Guigneaux: scrolling on
Farzaneh Badii: yes CW. we have the BC reply too.
CW: Do we expect a GNSO reply, and/or several other replies from their respective communities.
CW: Ok. Got it. (I joined the call late)
Kavouss Arasteh: I hope we would not end having a borsch from our dear GNSO
Farzaneh Badii: what is a borsch Kavouss? You mean the russian soup?
Kavouss Arasteh: OR iTALIAN
Kavouss Arasteh: Minestroni
Kavouss Arasteh: Not Russian but cacus Soup
Tom Dale (ACIG GAC Secretariat): Gazpacho may lower the heat of the discussion.
Yvette Guigneaux: lol, Tom
Kavouss Arasteh: Yevette, is it lol ou loul?
Yvette Guigneaux: Kavouss - LOL means laugh out loud
Kavouss Arasteh: I never use these funny terms
Farzaneh Badii: I'd say instead of focusing on what SO/AC do, focus on their answers to the questions. if we can identify commonalities and shortcomings with regards to a answers to a question, we should note them down and come up with the workplan that includes those issues
Yvette Guigneaux: CW- good day, there was some background noise on the line so we muted it - if you need to speak, please feel free to press *6 (star 6) to unmute
CW: OK will put in some time. I have read BC and GAC.
Kavouss Arasteh: Cheryl +1
Farzaneh Badii: so we need one person from those stakeholder groups and SO/ACs that submitted responses?
Yvette Guigneaux: scrolling available if needed
Farzaneh Badii: we have to come up with a work plan on enhancing SO/AC accountability.
Kavouss Arasteh: tks for clarifications
Kavouss Arasteh: yes
avri doria: the NCSG also has an indefinitely large designated community
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Just in AC audio
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: we need to check the Master
Kavouss Arasteh: I wikll do thart
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: The master schedule will check
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: yup
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: thx everyone... good progress
Farzaneh Badii: thanks Steve and eveyone else
Kavouss Arasteh: Bye
Tom Dale (ACIG GAC Secretariat): Thanks
avri doria: bye
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Seasons Greetings to you all
Farzaneh Badii: bye
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Bye