Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the Board Candidate Evaluation Committee (BCEC) 2017 Selection Call taking place on Thursday, 29 September 2016 at 12:00 UTC

Yesim Nazlar:Agenda: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_gwq4Aw&d=DQIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=UBIK8WKTPkZpIuVEGbzj2_ohQuqmJyfuZyVUlHbNyxo&s=bLSd_C1o_8S6Mxnj7beHTQCwR51wBR2ImruiRflWhZ0&e=

vanda:hi all good morning, afternoon, evening...

Gunela Astbrink:Hello

Dave Kissoondoyal:Hello to all

Mohamed EL Bashir:Hello Everyone

Gunela Astbrink:Is it 8.00am for you Murray?

vanda:9 am for me. nice time

Louis Houle:Hi everyone

Mohamed EL Bashir:3:00pm on my side

Heidi Ullrich:Each RALO is representated

Dave Kissoondoyal:04:00 PM in Mauritius

Eduardo Diaz:I was able to  connect to adobe

Murray McKercher:I am also in the AC room now as well

Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Murray!

Murray McKercher:Thanks you Yesim, I will remain on the dial-out for my audio.

Yesim Nazlar:sure...

Yesim Nazlar:Jordi Iparraguirre has joined

Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Jordi!

Jordi Iparraguirre:hi, apoplogies for being late, I had another previous appointment

Dave Kissoondoyal:+1

vanda:i agree with the one from each region is adequate

Dave Kissoondoyal:I agree as well ,, one can be either a member or an alternate

Louis Houle:@ Murray: The BCEC email list would need to be secured, then, just like the NomCom. Agree with Vanda.

Ariel Liang:Staff can set private pages within the wiki

Dave Kissoondoyal:Agree

Gunela Astbrink:Agree

Mohamed EL Bashir:The tools training could be considered as optional

Mohamed EL Bashir:as some us might be already familiar with the current used tools

Yesim Nazlar:Carlos Raul Gutierrez has joined

Yesim Nazlar:Welcome Carlos!

Carlos:Sorry for the delay. Good morning

Carlos:it has been hard to get into speed. Not a coincidence of the subject you are talking about right now.

Jordi Iparraguirre:I think we are not going to have so many meetings, so 3 may be too much.

Murray McKercher:@ Julie I would suggest a simple majority of members deciding to excuse another member

vanda:agree with Yrjo. or this will be in the discrimination of the chair to call the person .

Jordi Iparraguirre:I agree with Yrjö

Dave Kissoondoyal:If the BCEC member is unavailable and knows that he/she will be unable to attend meetings. For the sake of the good running of the process, if the BCEC member has not attended one meeting and has contacted the chair of the RALO, the BCEC should take into consideration that the message has come from the BCEC member through the chair of the RALO

Louis Houle:@ Yrjo: I agree. «Appropriatety» needs to be more specific.

Mohamed EL Bashir:Agree with Yrjo on keeping point 1 +2 , its difficult to implement point 3. its generic/open

Murray McKercher:@ Vanda..I agree with your comment

vanda:sorry to delay to down my hand...

vanda:in my view the not adequate behavior will be clear after the end of this work and we have a 360 review of each one performance.

vanda:let's vote for excluse number 3

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I am happy with those  edits

Mohamed EL Bashir:Agree, its a practical

Heidi Ullrich:I have contacted Ken and I expect we can invite him to the next call.

Dave Kissoondoyal:Thanks a lot and wish you a successful deliberations

Dave Kissoondoyal:Bye

Murray McKercher:Thank you everyone, I will leave the call..have a productive session

vanda:bye all alternates, thanks to contribution

Carlos:THU ok, but not 21-23 UTC please

vanda:remember Tuesday  we also have ALAC call

Carlos:thank you

vanda:remember that who accept compensation also has liability too

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Are offerred a standard compensation for service  ...   Directors  CAN  decline the offer of course

Carlos:please give us a day or two

Carlos:my request for a day or two, is jut to make sure it si readable for English as second speakers. Nothing on the substance, but sometimes the stule of this documents is quite obscure

Carlos:and the screen in adobe is quite small

Gunela Astbrink:@ Carlos. The font size can be increased. it's on the navigation bar under the document

vanda: is too bad to heard Carlos  

Carlos:48 hours is fine

Louis Houle:It's fair enough.

Carlos:my pc is rahte small. so I need to print it and ear my glasses

Ariel Liang:You may also look at the candidate requirement draft on the wiki: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_HAu4Aw&d=DQIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=UBIK8WKTPkZpIuVEGbzj2_ohQuqmJyfuZyVUlHbNyxo&s=QLJVAYsPT2uyKBZD_CvKxKN27H-EwbsZNdCE2_phuyw&e=

vanda:@ agree with Cheryl

Carlos:in that case, if we want diversity as an option for the ALAC candidate, we are asking for some additional skills we might want to add to the specs sheet.

Carlos:maybe on the amount of written material, as expalined by CLO

Carlos:Fully agree with Vanda on the ALAC relationship/contact/etc.

Louis Houle:@ Vanda: you mean feedback or participation to ALAC

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):The Time  Commitment  mterill is  from a NC  listing  I blieve  and so I recognise  Vanda's point  that  OUR  Candidates  are  needing  to also add time  for relating  WITH  ALAC

vanda:report back  and as possible also aprticipate, as rinalia is doing nowadays

Eduardo Diaz:got  disconnected

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Of course  with the Empowered Community  our appointed  Directors  can be removed  *without cause*   by  us at any time

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):That will tend to motivate good communication  with the appointing bodies '-)

Louis Houle:@ CLO: +1

vanda:@ cheryl  YEAH

Carlos:@CLO while ¨no causes¨might be fine, it is a good time for the ALAC to prepare some general idea of the circumstances for such an action, so not toscare people away

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Happy to scare people Carlos   We need the BEST on the slate not variety or change for changes  sake IMO

Carlos:a minimu of procedureal fairnes could be assumed (majority)(Leadership only) (plenary) etc. We have a sad case in the NCUC and those internal process are really to be taken seriously

Mohamed EL Bashir:Thanks

vanda:thank you Julie for all this work!!!

Jordi Iparraguirre:thanks!

Carlos:thank you

Eduardo Diaz:Gracias

Ariel Liang:Thanks all!

Yrjö Länsipuro:Thanks, bye bye

Gunela Astbrink:Thank you, Julie and bye

Louis Houle:Thanks everyone Good morning

vanda:kisses to all

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Thanks  Everyone   Bye for now

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):3 more hrs  to the next call *sigh*

• No labels

2 Comments

1. Hello Terri

What to do exactly in this virtual working space?

2. HI Baudouin - after the call has ended we will put the adobe connect chat on this wiki page. Kind regards, Terri

For comments, suggestions, or technical support, please email: program-admin@atlarge.icann.org
© 2016 Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers