Terri Agnew:Welcome to the EURALO Bylaws Taskforce Call held on Thursday, 19 May 2016 at 13:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/KQ2OAw

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Hello, could Staff please enable my laptop audio? Thanks.

Terri Agnew:Hi Jean-Jacques, it will be a few minutes longer. I will alert you once mics are enabled

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Thank you.

Oksana Prykhodko:Hi everybody

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Hi Oksana.

Oksana Prykhodko:Hi JJS!

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Terri, could you please put on this chat the link to the (latest) Bylaws text? Thanks.

Terri Agnew:04 May 2016 Action items: https://community.icann.org/x/pQCOAw

Terri Agnew:EURALO bylaws: https://community.icann.org/x/mzd-Ag

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Olivier, my hand is up.

Wolf Ludwig:This was not disputed that the *organs* of the Association must be specified in the Bylaws -- the point was only operational details of particular ALSes!

Oksana Prykhodko:@Olivier, could you pls write your proposition? I agree to delete Treasurer, I agree with two officers,

Wolf Ludwig:Of course Part F, "bodies of the association" must be kept and reviewed -- this was not disputed.

Terri Agnew:Welcome Yuliya Morenets

Yuliya Morenets:Good afternoon, apologizes for being late.

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Michael: in legal terms, that is a "responsibility" rather than a "right"$

Heidi Ullrich:@All, I believe he means responsibilities...

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Heidi, exactly.

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Olivier, could you read out Wolf's and my remark for the benefit of Michael? Thanks.

Wolf Ludwig:I prefer the term "responsibilities"

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Oksana, could that not be included under AoB?

Wolf Ludwig:I doubt whether this is an issue to be dealt with in the Bylaws? This is an operatinal matter again.

Wolf Ludwig:It's a matter of capacity building!

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Wolf: agreed.

Oksana Prykhodko:@Olivier absolutely

Heidi Ullrich:@Oksana, you raise a good question. You may ask Rinalia the possible impact of the new Board  WG as she is on it. You may also may wish to ask your question to Jean-Jacques Sahel, VP, Europe. He and his team work to explain all of ICANN to  the community.

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Olivier: rather than "duties", now we are talking about "purpose" of EURALO

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Oksana: Heidi has just made a valuable suggestion.

Oksana Prykhodko:@Heidi I am opening and opening links for GNSO call( I need new glossary for abbreviations(((

Heidi Ullrich:@Oksana, the ICANN website as an acronym finder. Have you used that?

Wolf Ludwig:@Michael: I think it's necessary to define the *roles* of the particular bodies and perhaps some responsibilities!

Wolf Ludwig:Yes, agreed Michael, the *duties goes into the operational plan (years planning) etc.

Oksana Prykhodko:@Heidi Yes, i use it. My comment is about the duties of EURALO Board - habe they to understand my rights into EURALO (for example, to be elected or to elecT) or in At-Large activity - to participate in PDP?

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:in Russian, rights (права) is perhaps more necessary than in English; and duties (обязанности) also...

Heidi Ullrich:@Oksana, thanks for the clarification!

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:... at least in the context of EURALO.

Oksana Prykhodko:@Jean-Jacques +1000!

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Olivier about Vice-Chair: that's exactly what I had said.

Matthieu Camus:i am ok

Wolf Ludwig:To be deleted!

Wolf Ludwig:Aproved -- bravo!

Wolf Ludwig:I would prfere something "lighter" like leaderships team, as Seb. suggested!

Yuliya Morenets:@ JJ, I think there is a need to clarify "rights" aand "duties"

Oksana Prykhodko:What is the purpose of EURALO Board? To hear the voices of  European Internet users, or to deliver of EURALO voice (is it?) tnto ALAC/ICANN bodies?

Oksana Prykhodko:The best choice for me is EURALO Board, consisted of European Internet Users delegated, and ALAC members from EURALO have to deliver EURALO voices into ALAC/ICANN

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Oksana, Yuliya: in Russian, does задачи translate indifferently into "duties" and/or "responsiblities"?

Oksana Prykhodko:@JJS tasks

Wolf Ludwig:That's the point, Oliver!

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Olivier: again, it would be in the interest of EURALO to follow current practices throughout ICANN, and that is to have a Board.

Wolf Ludwig:Well, Jean-Jacques, the ICANN Board has *proved* over years that it works -- in our case not ...

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Wolf, well that's the challenge: let's make sure that our Board actually does the useful things it was elected for.

Wolf Ludwig:OR: I have no problem with a Board composed of commited people!

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Wolf +1.

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Olivier: although this is not specifically a Bylaws question, may I suggest that you send us a proposal to entrust current EURALO Board members with specific tasks, say for a 6-month period? Off the top of my head, I'd say 1) Outreach and capacity-building, 2) Support to EURALO ALSs...

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:(entrust to...)

Yuliya Morenets:Olivier: I do agree with what u say, but with responsabilities, I beleive we need also to notify rights

Wolf Ludwig:We have such responsibilities for Board members already like "attending at least at 50% of our monthly calls" ... what is still not always the case ...

Oksana Prykhodko:@Olivier EMP participated in some ICANN/ALAC  WG. For example, Olexander Kondaurov raised questions regarding some new GTLD project. No reaction(

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:(Heidi, is your mic. enabled?)

Wolf Ludwig:Agree JJ -- you can write anything in the Bylaws but practically not enforce it!

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Wolf, I was not suggesting adding this to the Bylaws, but just to get every Board member engaged in useful tasks, thus making them accountable.

Heidi Ullrich:@JJS - that is coming from Olvier's line.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Oksana: re: Alex Kondaurov this is the nature of the work. It is important to be involved in the long term

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Wolf, that's a question of "leadership", is it not?

Wolf Ludwig:Exactly -- it's a matter of metrics!

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:(@Heidi, sorry for my mistake... ;-)

Oksana Prykhodko:@Olivier - I am the representative of EMP in EURALO/ALAC/ICANN

Oksana Prykhodko:@Olivier what i missed to say to Alex?

Oksana Prykhodko:@Mickail - has any Board member to represent any EURALO group?

Wolf Ludwig:@Staff: Regarding AI -- it's not in the Annual report such assignments (the report recapilulates activities only) -- such assignments must be in specific Metrics, as Olivier pointed out.

Heidi Ullrich:@Wolf, could you please write the AI as you would like it reported?

Oksana Prykhodko:@Olivier - EURALO group can be constituated of persons, concerned with surveillance

Heidi Ullrich:@All I have to leave for another call. Terri will take over the taking of AIs.

Heidi Ullrich:Bye!

Wolf Ludwig:But the Board was never involved in this, Olivier!

Terri Agnew:Mikhail has disconnected, we are trying to reach him back via telephone

Terri Agnew:Mikhail is back

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Terri: "Chair, after consulting Board members, will attribute specific tasks to each of them for a period of six months".

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Thanks Terri, that was fast!  ;-)

Wolf Ludwig:Good suggestion, JJ!

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:(@Terri: and delete current last task, redundant)

Yuliya Morenets:Sorry, I'm not with the phone, only adobe

Yuliya Morenets:My question, is where the metrics will be included?

Yuliya Morenets:like as an annex to the by-laws?

Yuliya Morenets:other?

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:(Terri: under Action Items, please delet "The Chair of the association who assigns such responsibility to the board members")

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Yuliya: yes annex

Yuliya Morenets:ok, clear, thanks

Wolf Ludwig:I would suggest this as an Annexx to the Bylwas (Annexx can be easily updated)

Yuliya Morenets:agree on having in annex

Yuliya Morenets:Board sounds good

Yuliya Morenets:what do u mean but financial part?

Yuliya Morenets:by financial part? if we remove it, we can put a number of points according financial aspects, like the procedure of presenting the budget requests, etc, to the operational annex

Wolf Ludwig:Exactly!

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:@Oksana: the "Secretary" part was already discussed...

Jean-Jacques Subrenat:Thank you All, and goodbye!

Oksana Prykhodko:@JJS I see

Yuliya Morenets:bye to all.

Oksana Prykhodko: I expect morfe from Secretariat/Vice-Chair

Matthieu Camus:thank you, bye!

Oksana Prykhodko:thank you, bye

• No labels