Terri Agnew:Welcome to the At-Large Ad-hoc WG on IANA Transition & ICANN Accountability held on Wednesday, 10 February 2016 at 20:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/PwiAAw

Gordon Chillcott:I'll keep my theory to myself then . . .

Leon Sanchez:hello everyone

Kaili Kan:Hello, Everybody!

Terri Agnew:Action items 08 February 2016: https://community.icann.org/x/NgSAAw

Heidi Ullrich:Welcome, All.

Leon Sanchez:Progress!!

Terri Agnew:CWG IANA Stewardship Transition: https://community.icann.org/x/37fhAg

Terri Agnew:Welcome Sebastien Bachollet

Terri Agnew:CWG IANA meeting regarding budget work and progress 09 February 2016 at 20:00 UTC: https://community.icann.org/x/QQeAAw

Terri Agnew:Welcome Seun Ojedeji

Terri Agnew:Next call: CWG IANA 18 February 2016 at 16:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:CCWG Accountability: https://community.icann.org/x/IIMHAw

Terri Agnew:CCWG Accountability meeting 09 February 2016: https://community.icann.org/x/5Qh1Aw

Terri Agnew:Welcome Wafa Dahmani

wafa dahmani:thank you terri

Terri Agnew:Welcome Alberto Soto

Alberto Soto -IISI:Thanks Terri, Sorry for being late

Leon Sanchez:That is correct Alan

Leon Sanchez:Besides that, if ICANN happened to mission creep, then the EC would begin an IRP process I guess

wafa dahmani:@leon what EC stands for please

Leon Sanchez:@wafa EC stands for Empowered Community which is the way the community will be able to excercise the new powers it will have once the transition happens  :-)

wafa dahmani:thanks

Leon Sanchez:Not for me at least

Gordon Chillcott:Nor for us.

Leon Sanchez:I believe we can ratify the recomendation as it stands

wafa dahmani:@leon since we are speaking about icann mission do you think that the content will never and could never be of its issue

Leon Sanchez:@wafa I think it shouldn't

wafa dahmani:@leon why

Leon Sanchez:@wafa any case of ICANN trying to regulate contente would be easily challenged by a community IRP under the new powers

Leon Sanchez:And as Alan is saying the mission is clear in its scope

wafa dahmani:okkey

wafa dahmani:thanks

Leon Sanchez:Thank you @wafa ;-)

wafa dahmani:@tijani :)))))

Avri Doria:they can still advice the procedure, but do not count for the decsion

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:exactly Avri

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Is the ALAC going to vote on a recommendation by recommendation basis?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I hope the do OCL

Leon Sanchez:IN regard to Board removal, don't we would still have the power of doing so as Designators?

Leon Sanchez:I am really sorry but I fail to see the point of the concern expressed

Leon Sanchez:This only affects the decisional power of the GAC should there be a case of challenging a Board decision made in implementation of GAC advice

Leon Sanchez:How do we link it with Board removal?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I was speaking generally about lowering the threshold of any community power

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:these are extreme case scenarios. If the GAC advice is so outrageous that the communities reject it, they'll be unanimous!

Leon Sanchez:Compromise is the word

Leon Sanchez:I don't feel this should be reason for us to not ratify the reccomendation

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I note with amusement that just like the CCWG we are spending 99% of our time discussing issues which have so little chance of ever happening!

Leon Sanchez:Exactly Olivier

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:YUP!

Avri Doria:Any issues on who can submit a minority: anyone, any member, a chartering organiation, another organization, a minority of one peron ok?

Leon Sanchez:@Avri no issues, anyone should be able to file a minority statement I guess

Leon Sanchez:Cheryl is correct

Terri Agnew:We can hear you Sebastien

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:but of course ;-)

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:we can hear you very well Seb

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:that was to Leon

Sébastien:Yes

Leon Sanchez:Indeed Cheryl :-)

Sébastien:Th elast exchange of mail is that the full doc will be send to the full ccwg on hte 12th

Leon Sanchez:I can, of course help with some of the recommendations Alan

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:You could do that with one or two Dedicated topic calls  of say 2-3 hrs

Avri Doria:does this group make a recommendation to the ALAC about accepting or not?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Avriball we can do is explain and influence I suspect

Avri Doria:ok, just curipus, i know that sometime group make recommendattions.  i guess this is not that kind of group.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:we can but try

Terri Agnew:Welcome Christopher Wilkinson

wafa dahmani:@ alan did you say that saturday and sunday we will focus only on ccwg ? and miss any other meeting outside ALAC

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:It may be a L O N G  aturday but doable  *with* the pe prep

Alan Greenberg:@Waafa, that is what Sebastien and Tijani suggested.

wafa dahmani:@ Alan ok

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Surely you can manage your ALAC discussion with a no more than 2 interventions per person per topic (assuming topic will be at east each recommendation)   and 10  min + 5-10  for interventions max  shuld work

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:either a long Sat  or a longish Sat and the Sun morning

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes  agree with the chop

Avri Doria:was ALAC not invovolved in the comments onf Draft 3.  If so, they should only need the deltas.

Avri Doria:and except for new ones should be up to speed.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:one can only hope Avri...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I would be happy to take Kali  :-)

Heidi Ullrich:Current schedule: Saturday: Agenda:    CCWG Proposal - Review of Proposal and Next Steps - Pt. 1 (14:00-15:45)    Coffee Break (15:45-16:00)    CCWG Proposal - Review of Proposal and Next Steps - Pt. 2 (15:45 - 17:00)

Alberto Soto -IISI:Yes, oly whith beer..

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:we might also need more than 1 each  also OCL

Leon Sanchez:+1000 to Alberto

Heidi Ullrich:Sunday: CCWG Discussion and Next Steps - Part 3 (15:15--16:45)

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:SMall discussion groups are sometimes very helpful

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Maybe shift the  Sun to an AM  block not a PM one  to allow for some flexaniliy if needed

Heidi Ullrich:Is the decision to not have any other items on Saturday and Sunday?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:AGREE  OCL  that could be a Sat effort

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:and people feel less inhibited to ask questions that bother them, in small discussion groups

Christopher Wilkinson (CW):Regret donot expect tobe able to be at Marrakesh.

Terri Agnew:finding the line

Alberto Soto -IISI:sorry, I must leave now ... thanks, bye!!

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Bye Alberto

wafa dahmani:bye alberto

Christopher Wilkinson (CW):Lost connectivity. Good night.

wafa dahmani:its gone

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:General briefing first and then smaller groups to discuss & ask questions, with a mix of "mentors" who can swap from group to group

Terri Agnew:@Tijani, we are unable to hear you

Terri Agnew:we are able to hear you now

Terri Agnew:Next CCWG Accountability call: Tuesday, 16 February 2016 at 06:00 UTC

Sébastien:Tuesday 6am UTC

Avri Doria:bye

Gordon Chillcott:Thanks and bye

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye for now...

• No labels