Yesim Nazlar:Welcome to the At-Large Ad-hoc WG on IANA Transition & ICANN Accountability Call on Friday, 22 January 2016 at 17:00 UTC
  Yesim Nazlar:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/RwR1Aw
  Gisella Gruber:A doodle for next week will be going out in a few hours ... waiting for another couple of Doodles to close first! Please keep an eye on your emails later.
  Gisella Gruber:Loris Taylor has joined the call
  Alan Greenberg:Timeline PDF - https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/56990860/Timeline%20and%20next%20steps.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1453329248000&api=v2
  Gisella Gruber:@ Alan - gettin doc up
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):the changes should not be substantial however...  the IPC and other concerned people are being rather too precious atm
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):the Charter gives the CO's the last 'call'  on final docs
  Alan Greenberg:The status of the GNSO letter is comparable to our statement. It was a capture of the concerns at the time. It does not guarantee the final outcome.
  Alan Greenberg:Nearly 2 years now!
  Eduardo Diaz (ALAC):I need to move away from the computer. I will be in audio only.
  Avri Doria:It took so long given some of the deep differences of opinion among the constitunecies and SGs.
  Avri Doria:Alan is right, they should have dealt with that.
  Alan Greenberg:I appreciate than some on the GNSO are not really following CCWG activities, but whoever is drafting this should have added those caveats.
  Gisella Gruber:@ Tijani - calling you agian
  Avri Doria:limited means they dont really acccept it.
  Avri Doria:this is push back.
  Avri Doria:i beleive many are arguing against human rights.  period.
  Avri Doria:and are using process as their cover.  
  Gisella Gruber:Noise is from Tijani's line - interpretation is however going ahead
  Alan Greenberg:Avri, no doubt....
  Avri Doria:i predict that without guarantees for freedom of speech and an open Internet, NTIA and Congress will not be able to let the proosal go firward.
  Avri Doria:a simple statement repsecting human rights, covers that without being so blunt about it.
  Gisella Gruber:Cheryl has dropped
  Gisella Gruber:we are trying to connect her again
  Avri Doria:NCSG = NPOC + NCUC + unaliagned individual members.  several of whom are also at large memebrs.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Thanks @Avri. That helps understanding
  Avri Doria:the reason for puttign it in the bylaws is so that we can replace the AOC
  Avri Doria:if we don't than one of the oversight connections to the NTIA remains.  
  Avri Doria:... then ...
  Gisella Gruber:We need Seun to speak up please
  Alan Greenberg:@Avri, we could have decided to move the specifics of the reviews to an ancillary document. Just as the PDP handbook is referenced by Annex A. And then decided on how changes to this document could be approved.
  Loris Taylor:I agree that Bylaws must be global in nature.  Boards normally have the power to constitute or dismantle standing committees, advisories, etc. as needed but the language is global.
  Alan Greenberg:Ex GNSO Chair!
  Avri Doria:that is all in the past.
  Avri Doria:i am nothing but ex.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Emeritus!
  Avri Doria:i think At Large reviewing is grand.  i make the same comment in other venues abotu peopleputting down ALAC.
  Avri Doria:yes Seun, I know ALAC's process is much much better and the GNSO should be more like ALAC
  Avri Doria:Review whether for ALAC or GSNO are controlled top down by the Board and decsions for reform are made unliaterlay by them.  Some do not think that is appropriate.
  Avri Doria:GAC startted out as a separate body that was not part of ICANN
  Avri Doria:but which only sat alongside it.
  Avri Doria:it is not about Board particpation but about Board top down control.
  Avri Doria:there may be compromise points
  Loris Taylor:Thank you
  Gordon Chillcott:Thanks again.  Bye
  Avri Doria:bye

• No labels