Gisella Gruber:Welcome to the Meetings Strategy Working Group discussion call on Thursday 29 January 2015 at 1500 UTC.
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi All!
  sandra hoferichter 2:Hi I am back missed the first part
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi All, Meeting Staff will be discussing the new Meeting Strategy with you on Sunday, 8 Feb between 16:45 and 17:15.
  Heidi Ullrich:Meetings staff are quite open as to the suggestions of AC/SOs, so this is a great oppoturnity to set out the wishes of At-Large
  sandra hoferichter 2:Satish why only LAC and Africa?
  sandra hoferichter 2:why do you think we go with ethe "B" meeting only in this regions?
  Satish Babu:Slides 5 says that...or am I reading it wrong?
  sandra hoferichter 2:you are right! havent seen that.
  sandra hoferichter 2:but the concept is wrong
  Heidi Ullrich:I believe it will the GSE Vice-Presidents in each reagion will be responsible for the outreach in Meeting B.
  Heidi Ullrich:I have not heard that Meeting B would be only Africa and Latin America
  sandra hoferichter 2:but according to this list it is
  sandra hoferichter 2:Meeting "B" was meant to get the work done! so yes working groups but also SO/AC ploicy work
  Alan Greenberg:@Heidi, it was not a "decision" but it IS what shows on the chart.
  sandra hoferichter 2:but if outreach is a joint effort among all AC/SO we are not so flexible
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi All, here is the response to question re location of Meeting B from Nick: he goal is to place meeting B in locations that have wanted to host a meeting in the past but do not have the facilities large enough for Meetings A & C.  Those are predominently in Africa to a great extend, and LA to a lesser extent.  I have built the 5-year schedule to place three meeting Bs in Africa and 2 in LA.
  Heidi Ullrich:5 year cal: http://meetings.icann.org/calendar
  Heidi Ullrich:so predominately in Af and Latin America - but not limited to those areas
  Heidi Ullrich:LA is Latin America - not Los Angeles
  Heidi Ullrich:AF 1A/C and 2B ... LA 1A/C and 2B ... AP 2A/C and 1B
  Satish Babu:Sorry, no audio
  Gisella Gruber:@ Satish - we are dialling you back
  Satish Babu:Back in...
  sandra hoferichter 2:+1 tijani
  Heidi Ullrich:From Nick: So things are balanced very nicely.  We will target smaller locations in Southeast Asia for the meeting B in AP.
  Satish Babu:Thanks and bye!

• No labels