Attendees: 

Subgroup Members:  Avri Doria, Berry Cobb, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Jaap Akkerhuis, Olivier Crepin Leblond, Robert Guerra, Sivasubramanian Muthusamy, Steffan Jonson, Steve Crocker, Yasuichi Kitamura,

Staff:  Bart Boswinkel, Brenda Brewer, Grace Abuhamad

Apologies: Martin Boyle, Seun Ojedeji

**Please let Grace know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**


NOTES

RFP 4 call -- 29 December at 21:00 UTC

 

Documents circulated for the call

- Robert's presentation

- Siva's stress test spreadsheet (WS3)

- WS2 document

- Berry's timeline

 

Review of previous call

- Olivier working on timeline re: ALAC proposal (more to come post-holiday)

- No additional volunteers identified to elaborate tasks list

- Siva's document is available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QVC12Q-NuB35pyaBirUDF85DBR_oFHkEYC5vbWu04go/edit?usp=sharing

 

Updates on transition implications

- IETF: no structural changes required

- CRISP: will use existing arrangements, no operational changes; use NRO to form future agreements

 

Updates on Work Streams

Review of 3 work streams

WS3 -- Stress Tests 

ACTION: all to go through the list to remove elements that don't belong and add issues that do. (Siva has recirculated document)

ACTION: Olivier to re-send his mindmap from 29 November

 

WS2 -- concensus on document moving forward

 

WS1 -- 

The Continuity & Contingency Plan is confidential. For a more fulsome response to questions on obtaining the Contingency Plan, please submit a request through

ICANN’s Documentary Information Disclosure Policy, available at https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/didp-2012-02-25-en.

Is the plan satisfactory? The group wants access to help determine whether the plan is satifactory or not, and see what needs to be adjusted in future proposal.

ACTION: Robert and grace to connect offline regarding DIDP

 

Timeline & Task list

ACTION: all to assist in providing additional details to task list

 

Next Call: 6 January at 14:00 - 16:00 UTC

Grace to update Robert's slides before posting 

 

Action Items

  • ACTION: all to go through the list to remove elements that don't belong and add issues that do. (Siva has recirculated document)
  • ACTION: Olivier to re-send his mindmap from 29 November
  • ACTION: Robert and grace to connect offline regarding DIDP
  • ACTION: all to assist in providing additional details to task list
  • Add Jaap and Steve to RFP4 mailing list
  • Grace to update Robert's slides before posting 


Transcript

The transcript is available here: 

Transcript RFP 4 Dec 29.doc

Transcript RFP 4 Dec 29.pdf

Recording

The Adobe Connect recording is available here: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p7hsyitmz3n/

The audio recording is available here:  https://icann.box.com/shared/static/czjs8488vm6k9wdq8zw6.mp3

Documents Presented

RFP 4 - December 29-2014-DRAFT1.pdf

RFP 4 - December 29-2014-DRAFT1.pptx

Siva's Stress Tests Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QVC12Q-NuB35pyaBirUDF85DBR_oFHkEYC5vbWu04go/edit?usp=sharing

RFP 4 -Transition implications-Work Stream 2-Dec16.pdf

RFP 4 -Transition implications-Work Stream 2-Dec16.docx

CWG RFP4 Timeline_v0.3.pdf

Chat Transcript

  Brenda Brewer: Good Day Everyone!   Welcome to the RFP4 conference call on Monday, Dec 29 at 21:00 UTC.

  Robert Guerra:Good day all ! hello Brenda

  Brenda Brewer:Hi Robert!

  Robert Guerra:I just posted to the CWG RFP 4 mailing list the docs for the call.

  Brenda Brewer:Great, thank you.

  Robert Guerra:we have 2 hrs i think for the call, not sure if we'll go so long.. let 's see

  Grace Abuhamad:Loading them now Robert. I can make you "presenter" so that you can mov

  Grace Abuhamad:move through the slides at your leisure. Otherwise, we can do it for you too

  Grace Abuhamad:What do you prefer?

  Robert Guerra:hven't been presentor before. let me test with you..

  Robert Guerra:There will be a point when need to switch from the powerpoint to the different attachemnts that sent along

  Grace Abuhamad:that's fine. I can do the switch for you

  Robert Guerra:ok. I can be presentor then.

  Robert Guerra:fyi. at slide 11, will then move to the - Stress Tests-Table - excel doc (which is an excel version of siva's doc)

  Robert Guerra:after slide 12 - will move to "RFP 4 -Transition implications-Work Stream 2-Dec16" word doc

  Grace Abuhamad:do you want me to download these documents from Drive or did you send them to the group

  Robert Guerra:there were attachements to the message i posted a few min ago to the rfp4 mailing list

  Grace Abuhamad:oh! Just got it

  Robert Guerra:did so, so everyone can have the docs ahead of the call

  Grace Abuhamad:Can you email me and Brenda your number for a dial out? (or private chat us?)

  Grace Abuhamad:ok we've got it. Will dial out.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hi all again:-)

  Robert Guerra:hi Cheryl... fancy seeing you here.. it's been a cwg day :)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:night y

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:from 0100 to now 0800

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:oh and then I can start my day

  jaap akkerhuis SSAC:Evening

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hi Jaap

  jaap akkerhuis SSAC:Didn;t see anythn in the mail yet

  Staffan Jonson:I'd be happy to have the document as well

  Robert Guerra:jaap - just sent them to you

  Grace Abuhamad:There are some of you who are not on the RFP4 mailing list perhaps.

  Robert Guerra:staffan - sent to you as well.

  Grace Abuhamad:Thanks Robert. All-- if you want to join the RFP4 mailing list, please let me know. I will also upload the documents to the Wiki

  jaap akkerhuis SSAC:I guess I'm not on the rfp4 list then (although I get the call announcements)

  Grace Abuhamad:I will add you @Jaap.

  jaap akkerhuis SSAC:@grace, thanks

  jaap akkerhuis SSAC:Where is the google doc?

  Grace Abuhamad:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QVC12Q-NuB35pyaBirUDF85DBR_oFHkEYC5vbWu04go/edit?usp=sharing

  Avri Doria:no comment

  Bart Boswinkel:Avri, you are very faint

  Staffan Jonson:This is also a good gross list of operational risk for a future IANA-functions host, and after it has becomed operational.

  Avri Doria:thanks Bart, am trying a new microphone, will try raising its volume before trying to talk again.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:we can see your hand OCL

  Grace Abuhamad:I'll help @Robert track hands going forward

  Grace Abuhamad:You all have scroll control

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Siva was very faint

  Sivasubramanian M 2:sorry about that Olivier.

  Robert Guerra:Next  - Grace, Japp, Avri

  Grace Abuhamad:(old hand)

  Avri Doria:we are talking about an NTIA plan or an ICANN plan?

  Avri Doria:DIDP is for ICANN docuemtns.

  Avri Doria:so is ICANN supposed to have one or is NTIA supposed to have this contingency lan?

  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:There appears to be a contingency plan that includes a transfer of IANA -- but nobody knows of its contents since it is confidential

  Avri Doria:plan

  Grace Abuhamad:Avri, my understanding is that this is a document between ICANN and NTIA so, i assume that you could make a DIDP request to ICANN or (maybe, but speaking for myself only here) a FOIA to NTIA

  Avri Doria:Especially in an environment of default transparency. as agreed to post ATRT2.

  Avri Doria:the only issue is that both DIDP and FOIA require lawyer langauge to get correct.

  Avri Doria:Robert, if tis ends up irrelevant to RFP4 is still may be lreavant to some of the questions being asked in RFP3

  Sivasubramanian M:sent doc again robert

  Grace Abuhamad:Thank you Siva

  Staffan Jonson:Thank You all!

  Bart Boswinkel:Bye all

  Yasuichi Kitamura (At-Large):bye, all

  Robert Guerra:bye all

  Sivasubramanian M:bye all

  jaap akkerhuis SSAC:by all

  • No labels