Subgroup Members: Lise Fuhr; Seun Odedeji; Avri Doria; Cheryl Langdon-Orr

Staff: Grace Abuhamad; Bart Boswinkel; Berry Cobb; Bernie Turcotte; 

Apologies: Camino Manjon-Sierra; Martin Boyle; Olivier Crepin-Leblond

**Please let Grace know if your name has been left off the list (attendees or apologies).**

Agenda RFP 5

1.    Welcome and roll call

2.    Update on outreach tracking

3.    Structure of RFP 5 in order to meet the following five requirements:

a     Support and enhance the multistakeholder model;

b     Maintain the security, stability, and resiliency of the Internet DNS;

c      Meet the needs and expectation of the global customers and partners of the IANA functions;

d     Maintain the openness of the Internet;

e     The proposal must not replace the NTIA role with a government-led or an inter-governmental organization solution.

“This section should explain how your community’s proposal meets these requirements and how it responds to the global interest in the IANA functions.”

4.   Coordination with RFP4 since:

“CWG-RFP3 and 4 should have considered this in their work and this should only be a final sanity check to produce the text confirming this requirement once 3 and 4 are completed.”

5.   AOB

Notes & Action Items

The group may want a repository for information about outreach/inreach. Note that outreach/inreach is actually RFP6. 

Cheryl will be coordinator for the group.

ACTION: Lise will send 2 notes: one about continuing outreach (RFP6), and one about RFP5 scope and recruiting volunteers and announcing Cheryl.  


How do we want to structure the work of RFP5?

- follow the structure of the 5 questions and provide a table format as well that matches to documents, links, etc

- target audience in principle is the ICG. Also the chartering organizations


ACTION: Staff (Berry) to setup a collaborative workspace (Wiki preferred for more access in AP region)

Berry to contact technology task force


Weekly meetings (Day? Time?)

  • UTC+11 (Cheryl) 
  • UTC-5 (Avri) Avri would prefer early hours

ACTION: Grace to look at calendar



The transcript is available here: MeetingRFP5_12Dec.doc


The Adobe Connect recording is available here:

Documents Presented


Chat Transcript

Bernard Turcotte - staff support:Hello all

  Avri Doria:hi, will there be microphone support today?

  Grace Abuhamad:Yes -- we are having some delays with the operator. Will add mics shortly

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hi all I will get audio when the dial out comes through...

  Grace Abuhamad:In the meantime, there is a wonderful outreach document you can browse through :)

  Grace Abuhamad:We are working on the dialouts and audio

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:There is no sound currently

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Grace  ALAC already needs to update their contribution with a nimber of additional activitbeing held since this was providedies / meetings / webinars

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:aha, sound

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Lucky you Bernie ;-)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:update on dial out Grace?

  Grace Abuhamad:dialing now

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-)

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:Lost voice of Grace

  Grace Abuhamad:my line dropped

  Grace Abuhamad:please continue

  Grace Abuhamad:i'm back!

  Avri Doria:nope.  just came becasue it was announced.

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:you a very fait at this end CLO

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:faint that is

  Grace Abuhamad:please speak louder

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:fixed my mic boom was out of alignment

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sorted now...

  Avri Doria:how are we outreaching>  We have all described what we are doing for inreach.  

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:Hate it when my boom is unaligned

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-)

  Avri Doria:so if theat is RFP6, what is RFP5, i have lost track of these numberd thingies.

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:How the proposal meets the requirements

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:tell me about it @Avri

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:This section should explain how your community’s proposal meets these requirements and how it responds to the global interest in the IANA functions. (NTIA requirements)

  Avri Doria:nope, i had gotten confusded by all the other activity

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:lower gain on the mike - very high volume

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:Seun - very low volume

  Avri Doria:in fact we talked about in yesterday CWG meeting

  Avri Doria:we talked about outreach ...

  Avri Doria:clarity notes: love the concept

  Avri Doria:oh yes, to be clear. 2 notes is better

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes tat is a oint I believe Seaun is making using RFP6 / outreach as an example

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:I defer to Avri

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Agree Avri follow the lead of the questions as the main theme and then embelish as we see fit tsbles  etc.,

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:I think we are in good hands with Cheryl and Avri

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:icg

  Avri Doria:good point and i did have the wrong focus.

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:we are there to assist Cheryl

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:Google docs yes

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:Cheryl - why is that?

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:Thanks

  Avri Doria:sorry, was leaning against the ill-place pwoer switch on my laptop, again.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Avri as Liaison with RFP3/4   Yes

  Avri Doria:too formal a role for me.  

  Avri Doria:trying to avoid neutrality

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-)

  Bernard Turcotte - staff support:bye everyone

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Bye  thanbls Lise  - Thanks all

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sorry typing in the dark ;-)

  • No labels