Kathy Schnitt:Welcome to the Joint Board Candidate Evaluation Committee (BCEC) and Board Member Selection Process Committee (BMSPC) Working Group call 2014.08.11 @ 16:00 UTC

Kathy Schnitt:Meeting Page: https://community.icann.org/x/IMHhAg

Murray McKercher (in Toronto):Good Morning from Toronto I am in early

Kathy Schnitt:Hello Murray and welcome!

Murray McKercher (in Toronto):I will call into the phone bridge closer to the start time

Kathy Schnitt:Wonderful and thank you.

Tijani BEN JEMAA:Hi Kathy and Murray

Gisella Gruber:Welcome everyone!

Tijani BEN JEMAA:I see Gisella and Silvia on the Adobe

Kathy Schnitt:Welcome Tijani

Tijani BEN JEMAA:Hello

silvia.vivanco@icann.org:Hello all

Kathy Schnitt:Hello Silvia and welcome

silvia.vivanco@icann.org:Thank you Kathy

Oksana Prykhodko:Hi, everybody!

Kathy Schnitt:Welcome Oksana!

Maureen Hilyard:Tijani was breaking up..

silvia.vivanco@icann.org:much better Tijani

Maureen Hilyard:yes.. it is better now

Siranush Vardanyan:hello all

Maureen Hilyard:Hi Siranush :)

Siranush Vardanyan:Just in case, notifying that my connection is not very good, so will try to be on the call as much as possible

Siranush Vardanyan:hi, Maureen:)

Siranush Vardanyan:thanks, Gisella, I found a place with some connectivity:)

Gisella Gruber:Thank you Siranush

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:are you getting Alan to join as well?

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone

silvia.vivanco@icann.org:We hear you well

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:he may not have expected to jon after we submitted our  feedback / report I know I didn't... I thought the BCEC was just going to receive and discuss but here now so NP

Murray McKercher (in Toronto):I am on the voice bridge

Gisella Gruber:Heidi has joined the Adobe Connect

Heidi Ullrich:Apologies for the slight delay!

Heidi Ullrich:ALAC ROPs: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Rules+of+Procedure

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:communication matters and WG procedures. can be a guide. the only ROP changes. we (Alan and I)  see are proposed

Murray McKercher (in Toronto):Is it possible to have Aland and CLO document on screen? if appropriate

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes if would help this who need to discuss it

Murray McKercher (in Toronto):@Roberto, was this shared on the BCEC workspace?

Kathy Schnitt:Is this the document you wanted?

Oksana Prykhodko:very bad sound and very bad connection(

Roberto Gaetano:No thath's all, thanks

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:unfortunately a lot of distortion when Roberto  spoke

Maureen Hilyard:It was not very hear what Robert said as Dev mentions, because of distortion. I think we should know what he said

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I must say I have not had enough time to study the document as it was sent such a short time ago

Roberto Gaetano:I'm being dialed out

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:of course Alan and I have no knowledge of the points Roberto referred to, sorry I trust some of the points we have suggested may overlap   can Roberto's  points be shared as well or is it confidential if it is then I would need to withdraw from here. as I am not part of either WG

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Can the recommendations pdf in the AC be unsynced so we can scroll down ?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:no

Gisella Gruber:Scrolling enabled

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:thanks!

Murray McKercher (in Toronto):perhaps Cheryl can speak to the document while we are all here?

Maureen Hilyard:I think that voters and candidates found the whole election process very confusing at the time.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I am happy to speak if so desired

Oksana Prykhodko:Great support to Cheryl and Alan proposition. Great job!

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Yes

Maureen Hilyard:Very well now Roberto

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Olivier.  the tie issues. should be handelled by what we AG and I proposed.  but we can always go over more scenarios if so desired,   the original white paper did in our view intend. to allow for a 50% +1  outcome to be declared  OR  a reduction to 3

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: the. part of the rules. Dev refers to was desired by community. during the white paper. discussions. it is an add on or safety net system to ensure the Regions / ALSes. still have greater input as a balance against the lack of 'unoversal sufferahe' as proposed by some of the community

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I doubt your proposal at 19.11.4 will work: re-running an election with the same slate. Why would people change their vote? This is just wasting time.

Heidi Ullrich:2010 ABSDT/BCEC Port-Mortem report: https://community.icann.org/display/ABMS/ABSdt+and+BCEC+Post-Mortem+Report

Heidi Ullrich:@nd ALAC review likely to begin by end of 2014...

Heidi Ullrich:2nd, that is

Murray McKercher (in Toronto):@Heidi, Thanks for the Post Mortem Report link. I believe a larger candidate slate would help solve much  of these issues, or am I missing something in the discussion?

Heidi Ullrich:2010 Board Director workspace: https://community.icann.org/display/ABMS/At-Large+Board+Member+2010+Selection

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:soeru guys. Remember my country runs the supreme example of preferential coting

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and of course only ALAC can change its rules.  so THEY need to understand all these choices as well

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:for some reason we have been plagued with ties all the time at nearly every round!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Maureen  that is exactly what these changes should allow for Maiden

Maureen Hilyard:Thank you Cheryl.. it was an issue that was discussed at length, so that a lack of clarity at the time created confusion about what we were doing and why. But if it is identified in the ROP changes then that is great

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Sure

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:perfect solution OCL :-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye hope we were of some help

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:take care all

Siranush Vardanyan:thanks, Tijani, and bye all

Heidi Ullrich:Bye All

Murray McKercher (in Toronto):bye all

Oksana Prykhodko:Thank you, Tijani, thank you all! Bye!

• No labels

For comments, suggestions, or technical support, please email: program-admin@atlarge.icann.org
© 2016 Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers