Petya Minkova:https://community.icann.org/display/CPMMB/CCWG+IG+Weekly+Teleconference+-+2014.4.30

Leon Sanchez:hello everyone

Hago Dafalla:hi all

Marilia Maciel:Hello everybody!

Cintra Sooknanan:hi everyone

Cintra Sooknanan:I have circulated changes to this version by email to the wg

manoff:Hector Manoff is here

Young eum Lee:Young-eum Lee is also here

Alexandra Dans:And myself Petya ;)

Cintra Sooknanan:staff could you make the document larger and scrollable?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Is scroll working now?

Cintra Sooknanan:yes it is

Marilia Maciel:Hello, Rafik has no audio

Marilia Maciel:If someone could assist him that would be great

Petya Minkova:@ Marilia: I am trying to fix it now

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@all: you may wish to maximise the window holding the draft charter in order to see the text better

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I have re-established synchronization with Bart's screen so we all know where he has scrolled to

Filiz Yilmaz:Can you make it scrollable again though? I would like to move within the document as I see fit, if that is possible of course without distrubance on others... Thank you.

Leon Sanchez:i like "provide input" rather than advice

Young eum Lee:agree with Leon

Filiz Yilmaz:I support "input". Nice and simple.

Leon Sanchez:Imalso support Cintra's suggestion on removing if deemed apprpriate

Filiz Yilmaz:I feel "if deemed appropriate" is there to note that "input" will be provided if there is enough consensus to do so from the WG. I am OK with that...

Cintra Sooknanan:in b) the reference to a. above should be a) above

Cintra Sooknanan:@Filiz the working group operation by consensus is applied in another section... if deemed appropriate has no connection with that

Cintra Sooknanan:the MAY in that section gives the wg enough power to apply or not apply any of a) to d)

Filiz Yilmaz:Yes, and I feel the "deemed appropriate" is a reference to if consensus reached on an issue.. I would support that if it is changed to that extend. Otherwise I have no idea what it means and agree it is confusing. But we may want to consider the intention under it before deleting it completely.

Cintra Sooknanan:overall the wg operates by consensus levels as detailed in c working group methodologies

Filiz Yilmaz:I feel advise is a form of input.

Cintra Sooknanan:it is understood

Marilia Maciel:Yes, I agree with Greg

Filiz Yilmaz:I agree. The model is part of Internet Governance that is within the scope of this group. It can be something else one day. So I would rather keep it slightly open and not too specific.

Young eum Lee:Agree with greg. Internet governance is good

Marilia Maciel:Yes, agree too

Filiz Yilmaz:what is wrong with just saying "providing input about Internet Governance issues and processes"?

Marilia Maciel:Yes, list can be non-exhausted, but I think the MS model chould be changed to Internet Governance as suggested by Greg

Marilia Maciel:should

Young eum Lee:If we qualify a) with a provisiional phrase in the first sentence, as Bart suggests, it would make sense.

Marilia Maciel:Good suggestion by Filiz as well

Filiz Yilmaz:All that are the medium of the input. We can also provide the input by a simple mail from the WG Chair.

Filiz Yilmaz:I think we are over-engieneering this.

Marilia Maciel:Please see suggestions by Greg and Filiz about text later

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:The tighter a charter is, the easier it is to have it accepted by SO/ACs.... well, the term "easy" is probably not the correct word for this...

Marilia Maciel:We can find text that shows we understand what is "off-limits"

Marilia Maciel:Agreed

Filiz Yilmaz:I suggest we move on :)

Filiz Yilmaz:Pls enable scrolling for us...

Leon Sanchez:I think papers MUST be publish and commented but comments not necesarily incorporated

Marilia Maciel:Agree with Leon

Marilia Maciel:No it means we will only have synthesis documents

Filiz Yilmaz:I again think we are over-engineering this :). Charters need to have some felxibility for future changes in methods and mechanisms that may emerge.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Filiz: you know how ICANN community loves to over engineer things. We're just making sure :-)

Filiz Yilmaz:Yes, Olivier, and I keep the hope and optimism that we may be able to move a bit further to be more agile at times :).

Marilia Maciel:I agree with you Olivier, we can remove. But among us we need to make sure the understanding is that we should NOT be obligated to include all comments. We need to have this on record somehow

Young eum Lee:can we have people mute their phone if they're not speaking? We seem to be getting unnecessary audio

Cintra Sooknanan:I would support a mechanism for diverging views

Leon Sanchez:i apologize for having to leave the call.

Marilia Maciel:I agree with Cintra

Filiz Yilmaz:Me too. The input this WG may give on any issue may be "some people support A and some support B". And this will be still helpful depending on the case.

Leon Sanchez:and agree with Cintra and. marilia

Leon Sanchez:I have to leave

Leon Sanchez:have a good day everyone

Marilia Maciel:Bye Leon, good day to you as well

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Thanks Leon

Young eum Lee:Agree with Greg.

Young eum Lee:small number of co-chairs, and a committee of a slightly larger number of people, in the form of a steering committee

Filiz Yilmaz:I do not support a steering commitee. A chair + two co-chairs should be neough. Otherwise we get into hyrerarchy within hieararchies.

Filiz Yilmaz:Too mnay levels are not helpful either.

Greg Shatan:Do we need to clarify what kind of "consensus" we are talking about in the section entitled WG Position Paper or Statement?  Specifically, consensus vs. "full" consensus vs. "rough" consensus

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:that wil be the lasr discussion we'll have

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:last

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:on the call today

Cintra Sooknanan:i have ne more point

Filiz Yilmaz:I have to drop off. Laters!

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Thanks FIliz!

Marilia Maciel:Different issues may require different thresholds. Let's not be so specific to qualify consensus

Cintra Sooknanan:+1 Marilia

Marilia Maciel:Yes, that is a viable way

Marilia Maciel:Yes

Marilia Maciel:Good work today

Marilia Maciel:Sorry, good it was fixed, rafik

Young eum Lee:thanks, everyone.

rafik:thanks everybody

Marilia Maciel:Indeed. Great call. Thanks

Marilia Maciel:No problem

Marilia Maciel:Next meeting :)

Alexandra Dans:Thank you!

Marilia Maciel:Thank you, bye!