Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the ALAC Leadership Team (ALT) Meeting on Thursday 27 February 2014 at 1900 UTC
  Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/yhDRAg
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi All
  Maureen Hilyard:Ha forgot I was in the wrong room
  Julie Hammer:Hi Gisella, I am not being given the option to connect audio via the adobe room, only dial in??
  Gisella Gruber-White:@Julie - try now again please
  Alan Greenberg:On bridge now.
  Julie Hammer:Thanks, Gisella!!
  Silvia Vivanco:Hello all
  Ariel Liang:Sorry the audio is wrong
  Ariel Liang:No update yet but will follow up with IDN WG
  Heidi Ullrich:Does staff need to inform the staff in charge re an extension ?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:https://community.icann.org/x/bgDRAg
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:no need for an extension Heidi
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:11th MArch is the end date
  Heidi Ullrich:thanks
  Maureen Hilyard:Understood
  Heidi Ullrich:Tijani, I asked what the name of the voting style in the 2nd round
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Obviously hope the first round vote would be quorate
  Heidi Ullrich:so to confirm for all: Sunday in Singapore will be voting round 2, phase 1
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:affirmative
  Heidi Ullrich:Wednesday in Singapore, will be, if necessary, round 2, phase 2 (NOT phase 3)
  Maureen Hilyard:thank you Heidi
  Heidi Ullrich:sorry, round 3
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:voting style in second round onwards is majority voting
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Olivier!
  Ariel Liang:I'm on my way on BP!
  Heidi Ullrich:+1 Ariel
  Heidi Ullrich:As I told Olivier, in school, I studiously avoided courses on voting methods...
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:So start on the 15?
  Heidi Ullrich:@Tijani, should staff confirm the avialiabity of the elextorate for Sunday/Monday?
  Maureen Hilyard:The phone call is on March 6 - can we not do if from the 12th - 17th?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Maureen not much time for RALOs to decide if March 12
  Heidi Ullrich:Is that an AI?
  Heidi Ullrich:staff confirm the avialiabity of the elextorate for Sunday/Monday?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:by March 12 - the week of March 10 - 15 will be for RALOs to discuss the candidates
  Heidi Ullrich:Alan, so there is no requirement that everyone vote?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:yes please Heidi
  Heidi Ullrich:thanks, Olivier
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:voting: we need quorum that's all
  Alan Greenberg:@Olivier, I have not checked, but I di not beleive that ther eis any mention of Quorum for the Board votes.  If there were such a rule, it could be really problematic (time-wise) is a vote were held and it was not quorate.
  Alan Greenberg:is = if
  Alan Greenberg:Tijani, is that correct? Did you find any reference to quorm for the Board vote?
  Maureen Hilyard:The longer we leave the travel arrangements to be organised makes it more difficult for some ALSes to get their visas to get to the UK meeting. I have had some worried APRALO ALSes wondering when this information will become available
  Alan Greenberg:I'm not sure why I am involved, but I will be glad to talk
  Maureen Hilyard:Are we not going to have a f2f session with the candidates in Singapore?
  Maureen Hilyard:A final statement opportunity for candidates before the second round votes
  Maureen Hilyard:But visas take a while to be processed.. so that date can be delayed to incorporate the meeting
  Maureen Hilyard:I am just getting clarification.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Future Meeting Strategy is indeed interesting
  Heidi Ullrich:There were five reps from At-Large on this WG
  Heidi Ullrich:and all reached consensus
  Heidi Ullrich:A graphic, Alan?
  Evan Leibovitch:I hear a meeting of the BBWG taking place in the background of he call :-)
  Alan Greenberg:Big Brother WG?
  Evan Leibovitch:BaBy
  Evan Leibovitch:Baby Ulrich chairing, baby Gruber sends regrets
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:comment close date is 20 March 2014
  Gisella Gruber-White:My baby in the land of nod :-)
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Baby Maya my goddaughter
  Holly Raiche:Pity about the conflict with the TOR session - which is for ALAC as well as others
  Evan Leibovitch:@Holly you're right.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Meeting Strategy announcement : http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/meetings-strategy-25feb14-en.htm
  Evan Leibovitch:Bottom line: if ICANN won't take its own advice in the ATRT2, the chances of other StratPanels acftually effecting real change is  NIL.
  Heidi Ullrich:Re the MSWG Meeting in Singapore, I've heard it will likely be a presentation of the report and a discussion of the comments received.
  Heidi Ullrich:Who is to hold the pen on a statementt on the MSWG report?
  Heidi Ullrich:or is it just an open call for comments?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:open call for comments please
  Evan Leibovitch:sorry, got  disconnected, will dial in
  Julie Hammer:Closing Date is 31March
  Holly Raiche:The TORmeeting is Monday
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:CROPP RT resources showing all the requests received from NARALO, EURALO, AFRALO : https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/CROPP+RT+Resources
  Evan Leibovitch:I have applied. Whether I can get there is a different issue.
  Heidi Ullrich:I've heard the ballroom has a mid-room divider...
  Heidi Ullrich:a random conversation with NIck T.
  Heidi Ullrich:For consumer discussion: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/47255754/Baseline-Items-19feb14%20copy.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1393455845000&api=v2
  Alan Greenberg:To submit your name for the Sao Paulo meeting, http://content.netmundial.br/interests/expression
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks Alan
  Ariel Liang:Thanks Evan!
  Evan Leibovitch:eh?
  Maureen Hilyard:Thats a worry
  Ariel Liang:For clarifying the AI
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Wow, impressive
  Evan Leibovitch:Heidi: for the PAB public comment, what languages will be used for translation?
  Maureen Hilyard:APRALO has a large number of Asian ALSes but it would help with their participation to be able to get more Asian languages at our APRALO meetings, at least
  Maureen Hilyard:Some do not participate/contribute because although they might understand English their English is not too good, so they remain silent
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:But wouldn't translation make the work of At-Large more accessible?
  Alan Greenberg:I have another call on the hour.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Would having more interpretation on calls result in more persons attending and listening and participating ?
  Alan Greenberg:It certainly would make the ALAC calls more accessible to those in RALOs who do not speak English.
  Heidi Ullrich:Should this be on the next ALAC call?
  Maureen Hilyard:It would be great to get more participation at the ALS level - and perhaps initiating it at RALO level is the best
  Heidi Ullrich:Valid point, Alan. However, should there be EN interpretation so others can ead/listen?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:in LACRALO some of the ideas to update its operating procedures to recognize portuegese as a language recognized by LACRALO
  Alan Greenberg:@Heidi, yes, but that is not needed to start up...
  Alan Greenberg:Or at least, not necessarily needed.
  Alan Greenberg:Action item: Olivier demands Patois.
  Silvia Vivanco:I will work with the RALOs, for LACRALO we have 4 PT speaking ALS
  Silvia Vivanco:2 usually join in ES channel
  Alan Greenberg:More important for RALO calls I would think!
  Silvia Vivanco:perhaps they will become more active if we offe PT
  Maureen Hilyard:I do think RALO calls be included for more translation services
  Heidi Ullrich:Sunday : https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=43985498
  Heidi Ullrich:Wed: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=43985503
  Maureen Hilyard:Gisella. for aALAC mtg-. that would be Tuesday 9am or 11am  which is in the middle of my work day
  Evan Leibovitch:ok with me
  Julie Hammer:Good for me
  Maureen Hilyard:Weds 9am.. I am 10 hours behind UTC.
  Julie Hammer:Holly and Julie
  Maureen Hilyard:ALAC is 5am meeting for me
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:ok with me to have adjusted times
  Maureen Hilyard:Doodle would be great
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Julie - sorry !!! You as well - our Australian members :-)
  Evan Leibovitch:The only thing worse than attending a 3 hour ALAC meeting ... is attending it from a moving train, moving in and out of cell range.
  Holly Raiche:Can we please not have this discussion after 2 hours of the call
  Maureen Hilyard:Id rather have one meeting..
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Its a worthwhile idea to consider
  Julie Hammer:Good idea to discuss this in Singapore, maybe on the Sunday when liaisons are there.
  Holly Raiche:Let's please discuss in Singapore- not now
  Holly Raiche:Yes please
  Maureen Hilyard:Leave it for Singapore to decide
  Maureen Hilyard:OK
  Maureen Hilyard:Thanks all and bye

• No labels