Julia Charvolen:Welcome to the ALT mid monthly meeting on Thursday 16 January 2014 at 1500 UTC
  Julia Charvolen:Agenda:  https://community.icann.org/x/hweuAg
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi All! Welcome.
  Silvia Vivanco:Hello all
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi I've on a ph call but its not connected yet
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:hi
  Maureen Hilyard:Hi Im listening in now..
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:I just finished another call
  Julia Charvolen:Christopher Mondini joined the Adobe Connect
  Alan Greenberg:I missed one new agenda item. Update on ISOC-KE.
  Alan Greenberg:Could we please add this (when Tijani is on call in case he needs to leave early).
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Indeed, should discuss ISOC-KE
  Heidi Ullrich:Monday, 24 March 2014ALAC & ccNSO MeetingTime: 12:30-14:00
  Heidi Ullrich:ALAC/ccNSO leadership meeting in Singapore
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:documenting the stakeholders (incl. At-Large and ccNSO) has been done for LAC region as part of the LAC Communication Plan
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Evan - yes please!
  Holly Raiche:Evan - wehave a slot for the Stakeholder Forum.  Not sure re the TOR subject
  Holly Raiche:My thought - if we can't ge a slot for the workshop then use one of the two hours of the stakeholder time
  Heidi Ullrich:You can certainly get a slot
  Holly Raiche:I am doing the stakeholder bit
  Holly Raiche:I can liaise with Patrick - and I know Garth was interested
  Holly Raiche:Thanks Heidi - we need to check with Patrick and Garth as to what time is okay with them
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Holly. Please just let Giseall and I know your preferred day/time/duration and whether interpretation is requested.
  Holly Raiche:Heidi - would you send me an email asking the same thing so that I will be sure it is done
  Heidi Ullrich:@Holly, Gisella will be leading the WG scheduling. I'll ask her.
  Holly Raiche:Thanks
  Heidi Ullrich:That should be EIU
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Correct, Tijani
  Maureen Hilyard:Tuesday and Weds are ccNSO meeting days
  Alan Greenberg:Thanks you.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:https://community.icann.org/x/MB1-Ag
  Gisella Gruber-White:Roberto has joined the call
  Gisella Gruber-White:He needs to leave in 15min
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:BCEC Mionthly Reports: https://community.icann.org/x/WTWfAg
  Heidi Ullrich:28th
  Evan Leibovitch:Sigh. Adobe Connect didn't work on my PC so I'm here on my tablet
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@evan, same configuration on PC that worked on the IOE Strategy Panel call?
  Alan Greenberg:ALAC+Chairs
  Evan Leibovitch:Seems that my work PC is OK and my home PC isn't
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@evan, well send the configurations of both via email to me
  Alan Greenberg:My understanding from Steve Crocker was that it is Olivier's call, not the Chair of BGC.
  Heidi Ullrich:Gisella and I have a hard stop in 4 mins
  Heidi Ullrich:and Roberto has one now
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Yes Alan -- it's really our call whom we share the assessment with, although we should have a finite sharing set, not infinite
  Matt Ashtiani:ICANN 49 - Singapore Meeting - March 2014 - https://community.icann.org/x/ryefAg
  Julia Charvolen:Garth Bruen joined the Adobe Connect
  Holly Raiche:@ Garth - wei discussed a ToR workshop that should be organised.  I thought you and Patrick would be good?
  Garth Bruen:Sorry, busy morning. We may need someone else, not sure who yet.
  Holly Raiche:@ Garth - when you say busy morning - which morning? I think we are considring the Wed. morning.  Need to check Patrick's availability as well
  Garth Bruen:I had a busy morning THIS morning which is why I just joined the call. No clue yet on Singapore schedule.
  Holly Raiche:@ Garth - okay I'll ask both you and Patrick later on the best time for a workshop on ToR and whether we need others as well
  Heidi Ullrich:@Garth, NARALO meeting likely Monday afternoon...
  Heidi Ullrich:Wed wide open atm
  Heidi Ullrich:but likely to be taken with ATLASII =capacity building, etc
  Holly Raiche:Thanks Heidi - I'll get on to Patrick to test his availability
  Matt Ashtiani:yes
  Garth Bruen:@Heidi, ok
  Evan Leibovitch:The limits on CROPP have made it very hard to find applicable events
  Garth Bruen:@Holly, while Patrik is an expert in his own right, I want to try and get someone from th actual Tor world to speak. It may be a bridge too far for this meeting, but in London we should absolutely have one.
  Holly Raiche:We should confir off lilne.  I think Singapore can be the start of a discussion
  Garth Bruen:This is a LONG overdue project!!!!!!!!!!
  Garth Bruen:I have started specifically targetting disabled groups in US/CAN for NARALO ALS recruitment.
  Maureen Hilyard:I certainly agree with Holly and Chris
  Holly Raiche:@ Heidi - could we set aside a time in Singapore for a meeting on this issue?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Such a special interest WG can provide inputs on a variety of ICANN issues (Meeting Strategy WG, IOE Strategy Panel) etc
  Garth Bruen:I have put forward Three Specifics over the next 3 meetings:
  Garth Bruen:1. Open this subject up in Singapore
  Maureen Hilyard:I see Chris's Ad Hoc groups working with outreach target groups rather than internal issues
  Garth Bruen:2. Have a presentation of Blind Internet Technology In London
  Holly Raiche:I think that is the point - input into issues
  Garth Bruen:3. Have Ken Harrienstein present in Los Angeles. Ken is deaf ans an ORIGINAL ARPANET archetect.
  Garth Bruen:Ken is a SoCal resident and developer of DEAFNET.
  Garth Bruen:I specifically requested Steve Crocker reach out to him at the BA EXCOM meeting.
  Garth Bruen:It was a staff action item from Steve's office.
  Holly Raiche:@ Alan - agee - let's just have an informal discussion first
  Holly Raiche:We aren't at charter stage yet - a long way off
  Alan Greenberg:LOVE the analogy of ICANN workers and cats and laser pointers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Garth Bruen:Not on phone.
  Julia Charvolen:The Adobe Connect is audio enabled
  Garth Bruen:Can't at the moment
  Garth Bruen:Will test connection
  Holly Raiche:Is this the topic we want Compliance to address at the Singapore meeting?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I've been dropped from the call
  Julia Charvolen:We are dialing out to you OLivier
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I am listening to the Adobe so not entirely off the call
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:ICANN Compliance on WHOIS complaints :http://www.icann.org/en/resources/compliance/complaints/whois
  Garth Bruen:The domain operator, Bizcn.com, had no additional information on Gong and was not aware of having been contacted by ICANN about problems with sites registered in his name, said Wu Weiqiang, a product manager for the company. “We are just the domain registrar"
  Julia Charvolen:Olivier is back on the call
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:So ICANN Compliance says "To inquire about access to the bulk Whois inaccuracy complaint tool, please email compliance@icann.org, Subject: Inquiry about Whois Bulk Submission"
  Holly Raiche:Agree with both of Alanas suggestions -
  Garth Bruen:Outdated???? The WAPOST investigation is from December
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:"This form allows for the submission of single complaints, as well as multiple complaints ("submit another."). ICANN provides bulk Whois inaccuracy complaint submission, which allows a user to submit a number of complaints through a single file upload. The complaints are processed in the same method and queue as single and multiple submission Whois inaccuracy complaints. Users of the bulk system must agree to a mandatory terms of use, and their complaint quality is monitored by ICANN."
  Holly Raiche:I have been dropped from this call. Should there be a redial or are we almost finished?
  Alan Greenberg:Your message said that privacy-protect.cn was in DNS but no A record. That was not the case when I looked last night (no DNS entry).
  Alan Greenberg:Its not a big discrepancy, but we need to be anal about this.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:we are nearly finished HOlly. Just this agenda item & then 2 quick ones ALAC call agenda items & AOB. If you wish you may type here your suggested ALAC call agenda items and go get some sleep.
  Heidi Ullrich:Hi all, I need to drop off the call and the AC
  Heidi Ullrich:apologies. I'll catch up shortly
  Garth Bruen:I will give you a completely refreshed version today
  Garth Bruen:Acknowledged Alan
  Alan Greenberg:DomainTools also says that this privacy service is also used by some ccTLDs. Not clear if they are all .cn, or others as well.
  Garth Bruen:Can't hear Dev
  Julia Charvolen:Garth are you still connected?
  Julia Charvolen:Can you hear Evan
  Garth Bruen:Yes, Dev was garbled
  Garth Bruen:@Alan, Complaince will say "we don't do that"
  Garth Bruen:I mean "@Evan"
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:ok, my point was that .cn is a ccTLD so ICANN compliance can say whois information regarding .cn domains is not within the remit
  Alan Greenberg:Fine. let them! I would welcome them saying that to us.
  Garth Bruen:There is also ZERO transparency on the submission, documentation, handling and findings of Compliance invstigations.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I agree this issue needs to be followed with compliance
  Julia Charvolen:Holly Raiche: @ Olivier: We are already 35 minutes over time and unlikely to solve what is a HUGE issue soon. Can this please be a major item for the ALAC call
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:understood --- we're coming to an AI on this
  Garth Bruen:TY all
  Alan Greenberg:There should be processes that can kick in here.
  Alan Greenberg:(if the contact person disppears)
  Maureen Hilyard:no other business from me :)
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:also as a FYI, ISOC Kenya via Twitter mentioned http://isoc.or.ke/
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Good, extension re: accreditation vote
  Alan Greenberg:isoc.oe.ke points to a different organization.
  Alan Greenberg:transworldAfrica.com
  Alan Greenberg:or
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:which is a webhosting company from I gather
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:so maybe this will be their new site
  Alan Greenberg:yup - web hosting.
  Alan Greenberg:Presumably their old site is still there. Just not reachable.
  Julie Hammer:Bye
  Maureen Hilyard:Thank you Olivier and all. Bye
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:one would think so so it  would have just been a redirect on their new domain
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks everyone ; take care all
  • No labels