You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 38 Next »

Who is the Expert Working Group on gTLD Directory Services?

What is the Expert Working Group on gTLD Directory Services?

The Expert Working Group on gTLD Directory Services is first step in fulfilling the ICANN Board's directive to help redefine the purpose and provision of gTLD registration data will provide a foundation to help the ICANN community (through the Generic Names Supporting Organization, GNSO) create a new global policy for gTLD directory services. In June 2013, the EWG proposed a paradigm shift – a new system in which gTLD registration data is collected, validated and disclosed for permissible purposes only, with some data elements being accessible only to authenticated requestors that are then held accountable for appropriate use. The EWG's objective is to reexamine and define the purpose of collecting and maintaining gTLD directory data, consider how to safeguard the data, and propose a next generation solution that will better serve the needs of the global Internet community.

Where can I learn more about the Expert Working Group on gTLD Directory Service's proposed solution?

FAQs

What are the Expert Working Group on gTLD Directory Services' current objectives and plans?

The EWG concluded its time in Durban by reviewing a list of open areas and feedback-to-date. The EWG expects to continue its work through conference calls and a face-to-face meeting in Washington, DC, in late August. The EWG is aiming to publish its final report in October for discussion at the Buenos Aires meeting. The EWG's final report will be delivered to the ICANN board and used as focused input to GNSO policy work.

How can I share my thoughts? Contact

• No labels