This workspace has been made available for community members to post their SO/AC Leadership Meeting related questions.
Please submit any comments on the workspace using the comments function by 21 June 2013 23:59 UTC.
This is a meeting of the Chairs of ICANN Supporting Organisations and Advisory Committees with the ICANN CEO Fadi Chehadé and his Senior Staff.
The meeting provides a setting for SO/AC Chairs to exchange points of view developed by their community and to discuss ICANN issues that involve ICANN Staff, Strategy, Development etc. with Senior ICANN Staff.
The meeting is not recorded and is held under Chatham House Rules in order to keep the discussions and (sometimes) debates candid and frank.
The proposed agenda items from At-Large, based on input from the At-Large Community are, in no particular order:
- Implementation Issues concerning IDNs (primarily the Trademark Clearinghouse & IDN Variants, as well as Label Generation Rules)
- Organizational changes in ICANN and how they impact new gTLDs and the new gTLD process
- Re-delegation issues - with examples from ccNSO re-delegation problems but also a wider scope re: IANA and numbering (ASO & NRO present)
- Staff and Community burn out (this is a regular discussion that has been taken up for the past 6 SO/AC Chairs meetings)
- Staffing and resourcing. How about a community engagement officer? For example in Hospitals, there is a Patient Advocate; how about a volunteer advocate?
Thanks for your input. This topic is now frozen.