You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 12 Next »

ALAC Monthly May Teleconference

Meeting Number: AL.ALAC/CC.0313/1

Date: Tuesday 28 May 2013                                        

Time: 1400 - 1600 UTC

(For the time in various timezones click here)

Adobe Connect Meeting Room: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/alac

Interpretation Available: Yes (ES, FR - Simultaneous)

How can I participate in this meeting?

Comment est-ce qu'on peut participer à la téléconférence?

¿Cómo se puede participar en la teleconferencia?

Participants:

EN:

FR: 

ES: 

Apologies: 

Dial outs: Natalia Enciso, Yaovi Atohoun,

Staff: Matt Ashtiani, Heidi Ullrich, Gisella Gruber, Silvia Vivanco

Interpreters: ES: Veronica and David & , FR: Claire and Fernanda

Call management:

Summary Minutes:  EN

Action Items:  EN

Adopted Motions:  EN 

Transcription: EN ,   FR,   ES 

Recording: EN,  FR, ES 

Chat:   EN   

A G E N D A      

Standing Agenda Items - DRAFT

1.  Adoption of agenda; call for Any Other Business or other amendments – Olivier Crepin-Leblond (3 minutes)

2.  Roll call and apologies – Staff (2 minutes)

3.  Review of the Beijing ALAC and At-Large Action Items 7-12 April - Olivier Crepin-Leblond (10 minutes)

4.  Review of current ALS applications – Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Staff (10 minutes)

a. Recently Certified At-Large Structures

i. (178) Internet Society Canada Chapter [PDF, 354 KB]

b. Organizations that are Currently undergoing the Accreditation Process

i. (170) University Community Partnership for Social Action Research PDF, 179 KB - (NARALO) Additional questions being asked of the applicant.

iii. (177) Tedic (Technology, education, development, research and communication) [PDF, 51 KB] (TEDIC ) - (LACRALO) - ALAC voting through 27 May 2013 23:59 UTC

See:  At-Large Structure Applications and Certification Process

5.  Reports – Olivier Crepin-Leblond (5 minutes)

See: At-Large Reports from WGs,

See: RALOs and Liaisons wiki page

See: ALAC Monthly Reports wiki page

Note:  Usually, no discussion of these reports is scheduled for this meeting; the above link is for information only.  Any WG or RALO Chair/Liaison seeking to discuss his/her report or a related decision is asked (i) to edit the relevant agenda section under Items for Decision or Items for Discussion before the meeting or (ii) to raise the item when Any Other Business is called for under agenda item 1, before adoption of the agenda.

New Business

Items for Decision

6. ALAC Policy Development Activities - Tijani Ben JemaaOlivier Crepin-Leblond (30 minutes)

See: Policy Advice Development Page 

See:  ICANN Public Comment page

a. Recently adopted ALAC Statements, Documents or Groups:

i. Trademark Clearinghouse and IDN Variants

b. Statements or Endorsements currently being developed, reviewed or voted on by the ALAC

i. FY14 Draft Operating Plan and Budget – ALAC drafting a Statement

ii. At-Large ALAC Statement to the Board Regarding Security and Stability Implications of New gTLDs  – ALAC commenting on the drafted Statement

iii. New gTLD Board Committee Consideration of GAC Safeguard Advice  – ALAC considering drafting a Statement

iv. Proposed Final 2013 RAA  – ALAC commenting on the drafted a Statement

v. Questions to the Community on Accountability and Transparency within ICANN – ALAC considering drafting a Statement

vi. Statement on WCIT Outcomes  – ALAC drafting a Statement

c. Currently Open Public Comments 

i. Proposed Modification of GNSO PDP Manual to Address the Suspension of a PDP - No Statement 

ii. Locking of a Domain Name Subject to UDRP Proceedings – Initial Report - No Statement

iii. Consultation on Root Zone KSK Rollover - No Statement

iv. Revised Proposal of the ACDR to Serve as a UDRP Dispute Resolution Service Provider - No Statement

7. ALS De-Certification - Olivier Crepin-Leblond (15 minutes)

Current procedure - This process should be followed for the de-certification request.

Vote to be taken: Does the ALAC wish to de-certify the following two At-Large Structures?

a. (20) Application for "At-Large Structure" (ALS) Designation Internet Users Network (Tokyo) (APRALO)

b. (133) Internet Society Pakistan Chapter (APRALO)

8. Consensus Call on the Naming of Members of the At-Large Objections Follow-Up Group - Olivier Crepin-Leblond (10 minutes)

a. Proposal 1: Do you agree with the proposal that Seth Reiss act as the Chair if the ALAC Objections Follow-up Group?

b. Proposal 2: Do you agree with the proposal that Rinalia Abdul Rahim be a member in the Objections Follow-up Group

c. Proposal 3: Do you agree with the proposal that Julie Hammer be a member in the Objections Follow-up Group

Items for Discussion

9. Discussion of GNSO Work on Policy and Implementation in the ICANN Context - Olivier Crepin-Leblond (10 minutes)

10. Revised ALAC ROPs: Schedule for Additional Documents - Alan Greenberg, Cheryl Langdon-Orr (10 minutes)

11. RALO Selections 2013 - Earlier results requested - Olivier Crepin-Leblond and Cheryl Langdon-Orr (10 minutes)

See: At-Large ALAC and RALO Elections, Selections and Appointments 2013 Workspace

12. Update from Selected At-Large Working Groups - WG Chairs (10 minutes)

a. At-Large Capacity Building WG - Sala Tamanikaiwaimaro (5 mins)

b. Technology Taskforce - Dev Anand Teelucksingh

13. Introduction to ICANN's Facilitator Program - David Kolb (5 minutes)

14. Review of At-Large Meeting Schedule and Agendas for the 47th ICANN Meeting in Durban - All (15 minutes)

a. Schedule and agendas of ALAC and At-Large meetings - See At-Large Durban Meetings Workspace

b. Update on formal meetings with AC/SOs

c. Scheduling Informal Meetings

d. Social Events - ExCom dinner; At-Large dinner

e. Questions for meetings:

i. At-Large Durban ICANN Board Questions Workspace

ii. At-Large Durban Global Stakeholder Engagement Questions Workspace

iii. At-Large Durban Communications Department Questions Workspace

iv. At-Large Durban Topics for the Public Forum Workspace

15. Any Other Business – Olivier (5 minutes)

• No labels