ALAC and Regional Leadership  - 14 July 2013 - Durban - Session: Hot Topics -  On the definition of public interest

  • Olivier Crepin-Leblond is to follow up with Sally Costerton and inform her that the concept of the Public Interest is on the agenda of ATLAS II.

  • Olivier Crepin-Leblond is to request that ICANN Senior Staff provide additional information to clarify the status of Sally Costerton's initiative on the further investigation of the concept of the Public Interest. 
  • Olivier Crepin-Leblond is to engage with other AC and SO Chairs about the possibility of cross community activity regarding the definition of public interest.

  • Holly RaicheRinalia Abdul Rahim, Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro, Wolf Ludwig are to watch the situation of the concept of the Public Interest and alert the ALAC if further action is necessary in this field.

ALAC and Regional Leadership  - 14 July 2013 - Durban - Session: Metrics Update 

  • Gisella Gruber to send a doodle to coordinate with Cheryl Langdon-Orr and determine times for the Metrics WG teleconferences.

  • Gisella Gruber to ensure the ALAC is prepared to capture the metrics from the time that the revised ROPs go live for initial reporting at the Singapore meeting.

At-Large Large Regulatory Issues

  • Carlton Samuels is to ensure that the Regulatory Issues Working Group that will prepare a response to the Expert Working Group that addresses the promise of its development but also places it in context of the current status of WHOIS.

ALAC Policy Discussion I

  • Garth Bruen to post the video by Karaitiana Taiuru Community - Indigenous Groups’ Perspective (Chair, New Zealand Maori Internet Society) – via remote participation in the At-Large Durban Meeting Reports Workspace 

At-Large Policy Development 

ALAC Executive Meeting and Regional Leaders Meeting with  the ASO Leadership.

  • Gisella Gruber is to create a calendar with all of the RIR meetings.
  • Olivier Crepin-Leblond is to to forward a calendar of RIR meetings to all RALOs, once the calendar has been created. 

APRALO Monthly 17th July meeting

  • Siranush Vardanyan is to ask all ALSes to update their community profiles, including their website addresses. 
  • Silvia Vivanco is to ensure that each monthly APRALO call will include a spotlight presentation by a new ALS.
  • Satish Babu is to be the first APRALO ALS for the monthly spotlights.
  • Silvia Vivanco is to organize an APRALO Webinar on the outcome of the Meeting Strategy Working Group and the community is to provide feedback.  Other RALOs are to be made of this Webinar for their own use.
  • Silvia Vivanco is to send the links of the Webinar to the RALO lists once the Webinar has been completed. 
  • Holly Raiche is to draw people’s attention to the At-Large Policy Advice Development page so ALSES can become more active and start to say what they would like to focus on.

NARALO Monthly Meeting

  • Heidi Ullrich is to work with ICANN Staff and ensure the full disclosure of the ICANN economic studies that were conducted. 


At-Large Regional Leadership Meeting

  • Matt Ashtiani is to work with the At-Large community on the development of a Beginner's Guide for the ALSes with the aim of producing it by the Buenos Aires Meeting.
  • Silvia Vivanco is to work with the RALO officers on identifying a set time for the monthly Secretariat Meetings between Durban and London meetings.


  • Heidi Ullrich is to work with AFRALO/AfrICANN on the preparation of a scorecard on all AFRALO/AfrICANN Statements that will assess the response of the Board and CEO on these Statements. AFRALO/AfRICANN is to report to the Board on their assessments.
  • Silvia Vivanco is to add the following agenda item to the next AFRALO Meeting: Assessment Scorecard

RALO Regional Leadership

Wrap Up Meeting

Capacity Building Working Group
  • Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro to work with staff to organize a conference call to explain the rationale of the  Survey .
  • ATLAS II members who are present ensure that there is collaboration between the two working groups. 
  • Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro to ensure that there are no gaps between when the survey is put out and the capacity building is rolled out. 
  • To add Akimbo Adebunmi Adeola (  to the social media working Group. 
  • The steering committee will collaborate with staff to agree on timelines for the launching of the survey,  the duration of  which should be live and the hard stop in which it will be closed. Noting staff advice that the European region will be generally busy in August that the WG is advised to take that into effect to ensure that maximum participation of ALSes is guaranteed. 
  • Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro to send an email to all in the list regarding Chairing the WG and calling for comments to elect a new Chair.
EXCOM Meeting

David Olive

Discussion with ICANN Board Members

  • Once the FY14 Budget is approved, the ALAC is to send a note to the Board explaining the plans for the Summit as well as set out the excitement and expectations of the ALAC on holding their second Summit.
  • Cheryl Langdon-Orr to lead the creation of an ccNSO/At-Large Taskforce to prepare the ccNSO-ALAC Meeting in Buenos Aires. 
  • For a call to be sent out to the ALAC mailing list asking for volunteers for the ALAC/ccNSO meeting prep task force for Buenos Aires.

Reviewing the At Large Website URL

  • Matt Ashtiani to work with ICANN IT to allow both and (without www) to be used.


  • No labels