Julia Charvolen:Welcome to the ALAC Monthly Meeting - 28 May at 1400 UTC
  Julia Charvolen:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/RqFwAg
  Jean-Jacques S.:hello !
  Jean-Jacques S.:hello Echo
  Jean-Jacques S.:(that sounded like Holly?)
  Silvia Vivanco:Hello everyone
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:only here in listen mode via AC room until NomCom callhes
  Jean-Jacques S.:could we have an audio test?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:say again  until Non Com call finishes
  Jean-Jacques S.:hello could we have an audio test?
  Holly Raiche:I am on mute speakers plus have used *6 - so it should not be me
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Cheryl - keep me posted when you finish NomCom and we will dial-out to you
  Eduardo Diaz:JJ - I can not hear you
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone
  Jean-Jacques S.:hello, could we have an audio test?
  Winthrop Yu:Nada frrom JJS
  Jean-Jacques S.:ah, could hear Gisella a few seconds...
  Jean-Jacques S.:(am not speaking, am just asking to hear)
  Julie Hammer:Hi Everyone!!
  Jean-Jacques S.:hello Gisella, could you say something please?
  Jean-Jacques S.:(an unusually quiet bunch tonight...)
  Jean-Jacques S.:(is that someone with a microphone outside, in the wind?)
  Sandra Hoferichter:Hi all!
  Evan Leibovitch:I think we have quorum
  Jean-Jacques S.:(there's an echo in someone's room...)
  Jean-Jacques S.:COULD YOU PLEASE CHECK ABOUT MUTING, THERE'S AN ECHO. thanks.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Wolf Ludwig has joined the AC room
  Carlton Samuels:+1. I'm VERY much interested in this topic and would join the WG
  Carlton Samuels:This topic = DPI
  Jean-Jacques S.:Alan, is your concern that examining the impact of DPI on the general Internet user would lie outside the remit of ICANN?
  Alan Greenberg:@JJ, yes, I have concerns that such a WG could easily wander outside of ICANN remit.   Whether any of it is in ICANN's remit, I have not really thought through.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ALAC+2013.03.26+-+Action+Items+EN
  Jean-Jacques S.:@Alan, my point of departure is somewhat different: DPI has the potential to deeply impact the general Internet user. Those of us who consider this important must therefore present the issue in a way which will not contravene the ICANN remit.
  Holly Raiche:I have joined the ITRPD - which is meeting
  Jean-Jacques S.:@Holly, could you send me a link to that? Thanks.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome Tijani who has just joined the call
  Holly Raiche:Hi JJ: Do you mean, the ITRP - Inter-Registrar Transfer Process?  Happy to fill you in on what we are doing
  Jean-Jacques S.:@Holly, sorry, I was still thinking about DPI.
  Heidi Ullrich:Congratulations, TEDIC! Now 156 ALSes!
  Eduardo Diaz:I am back into the adobe - my internet connection was gone for a while
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Agree with Alan.
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Start now.
  Yaovi Atohoun:I volunteer for such a group
  Yaovi Atohoun:or taskforce
  Jean-Jacques S.:@Olivier, "with a view" already indicates "possibility"...
  Carlton Samuels:The task is to encourage 'joiners' and at the same time give those who actively engage in the business of the At-Large in ICANN to determine the major questions aound our remit.
  Heidi Ullrich:Wiki page for reports: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large%20Reports%20from%20WGs,%20RALOs%20and%20Liaisons
  Heidi Ullrich:Liaison report: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/GNSO+Liaison+Reports
  Heidi Ullrich:GNSO report, that is...
  Carlton Samuels:It is afterall  'whosoever will may come'.  But it cannot be 'everyone has the same weight of decision-making regardless of knowledge or demonstrable interest'!
  Aída Noblia:podrían llamarme al 59829023380 o 098456389
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Aida - yes!
  Aída Noblia:Gracias! mil disculpas..
  Evan Leibovitch:Just to say that I am fundamentally opposed to the GNSO's decision to do an implemenmtation-versus-policy working group in a silo separate from the rest of the ICANN community. The Board should be DIRECTING that this be a cross-community group.  Just having (non-voting) ALAC participants in a GNSO group is IMO absolutely pointless.
  Jean-Jacques S.:@Evan +1
  Jean-Jacques S.:Because, seen from the Board, "policy" = Board, "implementation" = CEO & Staff; the rest is "comment"...
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:@ Alan, I agree that the questions are new.  I think Edmon wants to respond to those questions.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:no
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:not on audio
  Heidi Ullrich:ccNSO Liaison report: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ccNSO+Liaison+Reports
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:only that. PY is joining
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Paraguay
  Alan Greenberg:PY = Paraguay.
  Heidi Ullrich:SSAC liaison report: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/SSAC+Liaison+Reports
  Alan Greenberg:Beat me!
  Heidi Ullrich:The interpretors are not able to interpret Julie given the technical issue on her line.
  Carlton Samuels:@Evan on policy vs. implementation - +1.  I
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I can hear her quite well. She's just very loud
  Alan Greenberg:I agree that it would have been encouraging for the Board to have taken some more "community-based" action. Given the difficulty that has been experienced in CWGs before, I think the GNSO would have been crazy to embark on that part themselves. It is unfortunate that the various Chairs of bodies that care did not choose to get together and jointly recommend chartering a joint group (as they did with DSSA). Or maybe they tried and it didn't succeed.
  Alan Greenberg:BTW, to the extent that WGs vote, any At-large members DO have a vote within the WG. It is on the GNSO that we don't. But as has been evidenced in the IGO/INGO WG, we can influence where things go. And of course, we don't always win...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:coorect the record OCL PY will join ccNSO on May 31
  Holly Raiche:@OLC - I really cant do my report until the APRALO call - today.  Will do the report for tomorrow
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:read correction please
  Natalia Enciso:Great news CLO, thanks
  Natalia Enciso:can you call me back, please?
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Natalia - yes
  Natalia Enciso:back on the call now Gisella, thanks
  Matt Ashtiani:the vote is quorate, reminder have been sent to those who have not yet voted.
  Yaovi Atohoun:Please, I am disconnected
  Matt Ashtiani 2:this vote is also quorate, reminders have also been sent to those who have not yet voted.
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Yaovi - we are callig you back
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Carlton - have you left for your other meeting?
  Yaovi Atohoun:@ Gisella:  -  Thanks
  Gisella Gruber-White:Garth has joined the call
  Holly Raiche:I would be very surprised if it is appropriate - or even possible - for a Board  not to have responsibilitiesit should have
  Jean-Jacques S.:@Alan, I should have said "normal" rather than "legal"
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:It is important that the statement is balanced - pointing out the issues that the ALAC agrees with and support as well as the concerns that the ALAC has.
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:I believe the issue/question that JJS raised can be posed under this ATRT2 item.  I also believe he had proposed drafting a statement on the ALAC mail.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:++++ to Alan
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:What prohibits ALAN from drafting as a member of the ALAC?
  Jean-Jacques S.:@Alan, that's one of the points: the whole "review" culture in ICANN is designed to keep the children fed and quiet (and polite, if possible). I don't believe the review process really addresses some of the larger (over-arching) issues.
  Carlton Samuels:++++1 to Alan:  We can but the larger picture - and the strategic imperatives per Evan's initiation - need to signaled as well.
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Is the ATRT2 hat more important than the ALAC hat?  And ALan being our liaison to GNSO with the most experience in PDPs - to have you hamstrung is ridiculous.
  Alan Greenberg:@Rinalia. Nothing prohibits me drafting, but it does really constrain how much I can push for the ATRT to focus on those issues if I do.
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:@Alan, fodder based from experience from you ratified by ALAC becomes an ALAC view, not an ALAN view.
  Evan Leibovitch:What is you just start dumb and work to smarten it up?
  Evan Leibovitch:+1 Rinalia
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Proposed+Final+2013+RAA+Workspace
  Holly Raiche:Thanks Alan - happy to word the statement that way
  Holly Raiche:OLC - The sentiment is that there should be flesh on it. We can still say that - just insist we are part of those discussion
  Alan Greenberg:Holly, sure. But let's keep in mind that if they had come up with a complete and final 15 page spec for policy./privacy providers, we would have been very unhappy about THAT process. So we need to be consistant.
  Julie Hammer:Key Signing Key
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Thank you Julie!
  Evan Leibovitch:Olivier: it may be valid to comment on registrars not registries because, as the "retailers" of domain names they are closer to end users
  Holly Raiche:@Alan - I take what you are saying. But there is still a need - which we would like to be part of - in putting flesh on the proposal
  Alan Greenberg:We have had very few complaints about RAs in the past.
  Heidi Ullrich:Current de-certification process: http://www.atlarge.icann.org/en/framework.htm
  Alan Greenberg:@Holly. Certainly, and if/when a PDP starts we do not have strong participattion in that, we have some explaining to do.
  Heidi Ullrich:paragraph 7
  Garth Bruen:Sorry all, was on voice but lost connectivity.
  Holly Raiche:@ ALan - trust me - there will be strong participation
  Garth Bruen:I have found WIFI but now have no voice.
  Heidi Ullrich:@Garth, would you like a dial out/
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Where is the voice lost in wifi?  Where is the knowledge lost in information? :)
  Garth Bruen:@Heidi ,It wont connect on my end - no phone accss
  Heidi Ullrich:ok
  Garth Bruen:On the issue of RAA Negotiations I have submitted a very critical letter to the ATRT: http://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-atrt2-02apr13/msg00019.html
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Understood...  Yes  decertofy  but have your records show NO impediament  to future  re acreditation  ON the record
  Garth Bruen:In this letter you will find the details of change to the contract with has ZERO transparency.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:ok -- sure!
  Garth Bruen:The change was not disclosed in previous summary docs. The change was submitted by "ICANN Ecconomic Advisors" who are never idenitified, citing "Extensive Ecconomic Studies" which were never pulished.
  Garth Bruen:A direct request to the NT staff to identifiy the advisors and post the study have been ignored.
  Garth Bruen:This as phantom contract change which should not be tollerated by ALAC.
  Garth Bruen:It is a prime example of why our oversight is needed in the negotiations.
  Yaovi Atohoun:@ Olivier :  Has the requester given reason for  the first ALS?
  Garth Bruen:From my letter: "The community does not even know if this "negotiation" took place in thesame venue or context as the other RAA changes with the full NT membershippresent. In a strict reading of the change it appears ICANN recommended thechange to itself. In short, because this change does not have communityreview it cannot have community support. "
  Heidi Ullrich:Olivier has dropped. Adigo is dialing him back
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I am listening on Adobe
  Holly Raiche:@Sala - in both cases, decertification is at the request of the organisation - we aren't stepping in - we are justdoing what we have been asked to by a Pakistani
  Gisella Gruber-White:Olivier is back
  Alan Greenberg:It is a non-ALS. Ihas left this mortal coil. It has joined the choir invisible!
  Alan Greenberg:oops  - shuffled off this mortal coil
  Sebastien:Not Tokyo Chapter. ALS from Japan ;)
  Sebastien:Izumi decided to close the organization
  Holly Raiche:@OLC - Isumi was very clear - he wants decertification. - as does Naveed - who confirms that ISOC_Pakistan does not exist
  Yaovi Atohoun:@ Sebastian - Thanks
  Sebastien:As I was in Japan after Beijing I was there when he wrote the letter to ALAC
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:got dropped. Can I get a redial?
  Heidi Ullrich:Interpretors have approxiately 40 mins
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:back on
  Yaovi Atohoun:Please could you ask the operator to call me back?
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Yaovi - yes
  Heidi Ullrich:Sala, the rules on ALS certification/de-certification are here: http://www.atlarge.icann.org/en/framework.htm
  Yaovi Atohoun:The ALS in Japan is  "Internet Users Network (Tokyo) " From the mail we receive from the staff
  Carlton Samuels:Re de-certification> What happens if an ALS, like the National Consumers League of Jamaica, just resign?
  Carlton Samuels:As they did from LACRALO?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:When we had a resignation before we formally accepted the resognation and noted for the record  a decertification  of the ALS
  Carlton Samuels:@CLO: This IS what I can recall..and it still makes perfect sense to me!
  Yaovi Atohoun:@ Gisella _- Disconnected again. I am listening through my computer Audio
  Alan Greenberg:And that interaction with the Ombudsman lost the ALAC one or more valuable members.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:It was nit at all pleasant
  Alan Greenberg:"nit" is indeed a relevant word in relation to that whole situation.
  Garth Bruen:I support Seth's nomination
  Heidi Ullrich:Two proposals:
  Heidi Ullrich: Proposal 1: Do you agree with the proposal that Seth Reiss act as the Chair if the ALAC Objections Follow-up Group?b. Proposal 2: Do you agree with the proposal that Rinalia Abdul Rahim be a member in the Objections Follow-up Group?
  Jean-Jacques S.:Agree.
  Holly Raiche:Agree to both
  Garth Bruen:+1
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:agree with the proposals re: Seth Reiss and Rinalia
  Yaovi Atohoun:YES  for Seth   and YES for Rinalia
  Aída Noblia:amento pero me tengo que retirar.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:excellent choice
  Evan Leibovitch:both good choices
  Carlton Samuels:Congrats to Seth and Rinalia.
  Eduardo Diaz:+1
  Natalia Enciso:Congrats to both of them!
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Aida - we are calling you back
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Thank you everyone.
  Holly Raiche:Marika has already sent out a Doodle for the first meeting with links to background documents
  Evan Leibovitch:The GNSO has an internal vested interest in expanding its remit beyond that of hight level policy
  Evan Leibovitch:+1 to thinking independently. -1 to participating in the GNSO joke
  Wolf Ludwig:Sorry, I need to leave now -- good bye.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Thank you Wolf
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Thanks Wolf!
  Carlton Samuels:I have to go as well.  I got a reprieve to 11:30a for a meeting so must go now if I must not be late, especially since the change was done in my favour
  Carlton Samuels:See y'all
  Holly Raiche:Bye Carlton
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:bye carlton
  Heidi Ullrich:For Durban - I just need 3-5 mins
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I'm ok with this
  Heidi Ullrich:Call for candidates opened yesterday, 27 May
  Heidi Ullrich:as agreed by the ExCom
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Comments / suggestions for the Ideas for Improving the organisation of content on At-Large wiki welcomed : https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Ideas+for+improving+the+organisation+of+content+on+At-Large+wiki
  Heidi Ullrich:XI-2.4.e The ALAC shall, after consultation with each RALO, annually appoint five voting delegates (no two of whom shall be citizens of countries in the same Geographic Region, as defined according to Section 5 of Article VI to the Nominating Committee.
  Evan Leibovitch:Zzzzz
  Holly Raiche:Evan - you have no ecuse - it is 2.28am here - so wake up
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-)
  Evan Leibovitch:I'm more awake at 02:28
  Holly Raiche:I'm not!
  Heidi Ullrich:At-Large Durban meeting pages: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ICANN+47+-+Durban+Meeting+-+July+2013
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Is the W8EN form really required?
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:For the US IRS?
  Sandra Hoferichter:From what I heard from Joseph it is
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Yay!
  Eduardo Diaz:But Joseph just asked for it in a mail that I received today.
  Yaovi Atohoun:Today is my birthday
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:Happy Bday Yaovi!
  Natalia Enciso:Happy birthday Yaovi!
  Heidi Ullrich:Happy birthday, Yaovi!
  Eduardo Diaz:@Yaovi: happy birthday
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Happy birthday, Yaovi!
  Yaovi Atohoun:Thanks
  Natalia Enciso:Thanks and good bye.
  Sandra Hoferichter:Happy Happy! Yaovi!
  Sebastien:Bon anniversaire Yaovi
  Yaovi Atohoun:Merci beaucoup
  Oksana Prykhodko:Happy birthday Yaovi!!!
  Heidi Ullrich:Tijani, I believe he asking that only to ensure it is completed at some point
  Heidi Ullrich:but he told me that the completed form is NOT need to move forward with the booking
  Alan Greenberg:Don't send the W-8BEN form in. BUt DO send in the travel and banking forms!!!!!!!
  Heidi Ullrich:so far only 4 out of 24 have their bookings completed
  Yaovi Atohoun:Thanks to all. bye
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:done
  Sandra Hoferichter:bye bye
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:take care, all
  Rinalia Abdul Rahim:bye
  Oksana Prykhodko:Thanks a lot bye
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Heidi can you stay on for a minute
  Alberto Soto:thanks! bye bye!!
  Gisella Gruber-White:Thank you all!

• No labels