Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the ALAC ExCom call on Friday 25 January 2013 at 1300 UTC
  Gisella Gruber-White:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/rANlAg
  Julie Hammer:Hi Gisella!
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Hello everybody
  Heidi Ullrich:Evan, it is 3 hours earlier for Matt and I!
  Carlton Samuels:Hiya all
  Alan Greenberg:You are presuming we were listening...
  Alan Greenberg:I am here if my name wasn't called.
  Carlton Samuels:The audio on the AC bridge is cutting on and off. I will have to switch to the Adigo now
  Heidi Ullrich:AIs from ExCom of 17 January - https://community.icann.org/display/alacexcomm/ALAC+ExCom+Action+Items+2013-01-17
  Alan Greenberg:Can we please add one AOB item - ICANN Spesakers Bureau.?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:OK Alan
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:you want to make them know what's next about a text that you don't send???
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:I don't see it normal
  Gisella Gruber-White:Please state your names
  Hong Xue 2:Thanks, Gisella, finally got in.
  Evan Leibovitch:The two points (Cheryl's and Alan's) are not mutually exclusive. A polite private call *and* a public response may be called for.
  Evan Leibovitch:If there is a chain of events that caused Avri to believe she was not admissable (or not welcome) we indeed ought to know about it, if possible without embarassing anyone publicly until we know if this was perhaps just a miscommunications
  Alan Greenberg:My point exactly, Evan
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Someone is breathing in the microphone
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:please be far from your microphone while you are not speaking
  Evan Leibovitch:I head the heavy breathing to. It makes the call sound a bit like a horror movie soundtrack
  Evan Leibovitch:hear
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:could be Gisella
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I'm muted
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:no, not at all
  Heidi Ullrich:There will be Chinese interpretation in Beijing in many meetings
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:olivier, can u remind people to be far from the microphone?
  Heidi Ullrich:it will be added to the normal interpretation of FR and ES
  Heidi Ullrich:so all APRALO/At-Large meetings that request it, will be able to have Chinese interpretation
  Evan Leibovitch:typically, the only rooms equipped for simukltaneous interpretations are the main room, ALAC and more recently GAC rooms
  Heidi Ullrich:The Main room is in very high demand
  Evan Leibovitch:the GAC and main rooms also have big-screen English real-time transcriptions
  Heidi Ullrich:GAC now has interpretation
  Evan Leibovitch:(I have frequently used the real-time transcription in lieu of needing to wear earphones)
  Evan Leibovitch:Perhaps the GAC room?
  Evan Leibovitch:(We still have a heavy breather on the call)
  Gisella Gruber-White:Heavy breathing from AC room
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Yes Gisella
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:we need an announce to make the breather put the mic far
  Evan Leibovitch:Maybe the ExCom has a secret stalker
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:sorry TIjani I'll ask
  Evan Leibovitch:just stopped!
  Alan Greenberg:Those topics confirm that this is an ICANN session, and not an ALAC one.
  Heidi Ullrich:The main meeting room is already fully booked on Monday
  Heidi Ullrich:and Wednesday
  Heidi Ullrich:There will be topics on most of the topics Hong mentioned already addressed in other meetings
  Hong Xue 2:I see. thanks.
  Hong Xue 2:I just talked with CNNIC but they haven't got the draft schedule from ICANN.
  Hong Xue 2:But if S>I is available in all the rooms, it could be in other big room.
  Alan Greenberg:Not so much "protocol" with respect to GSE, but ability to get right resources allocated to a session like this.
  Hong Xue 2:okay.
  Hong Xue 2:thanks, got it. will do immediately.
  Hong Xue 2:sorry line drop, yes, as Alan said it may be out of our local "vanity"_:)
  Hong Xue 2:Sorry, it seems the line is busy now.  You could call me back at +86-10-82425692,
  Carlton Samuels:I'm back!
  Carlton Samuels:My ISP is getting on my last good nerve!
  Alan Greenberg:HOng, wasn't meant as a vanity staatement. Just that In these cases, ICANN has to a large extent not been responsive. It is natural for each group to see the result from their perspective, but it does show the global importance of these subjects and re-inforces the need to for ICNN to address them properly at this meeting.
  Carlton Samuels:Protocol:  Rememebr Dakar!!
  Hong Xue 2:sure, will do
  Hong Xue 2:Thanks and Bye.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Thank you Hong
  Evan Leibovitch:The substance of the privacy issue is explained -- for better or worse -- by Karl Aurebach's many interventions on the ALAC list recently
  Alan Greenberg:Evan, NO!!!   He is talking about privacy with respect to Whois. NOT whether thick vs thin changes it.
  Evan Leibovitch:oh, sorry. i thought there were a dew thick vs thin thing wrapped up in that
  Alan Greenberg:There is a connection.  That since major Whois changes may be coming, don't mess with current implementations now.
  Alan Greenberg:But since we don't know when that may happen, or what the substance is, I think it a false reason.
  Evan Leibovitch:Agreed
  Heidi Ullrich:At-Large Beijing Meeting Schedule: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Beijing+Meeting+Agendas
  Evan Leibovitch:FWIW... I am leaving on the saturday and I was not requested to agree to an exception
  Alan Greenberg:Evan, what time is your flight?
  Evan Leibovitch:18:00
  Carlton Samuels:FWIW, my approved itinerary gets me to Beijing on Friday evening.
  Evan Leibovitch:nonstop to toronto
  Heidi Ullrich:@EVan, you are leaving at 18:00 on Saturday?
  Evan Leibovitch:yes
  Carlton Samuels:at 1820 local time.
  Alan Greenberg:I was offered a 1600 flight on Friday as a justification for why I could leave on Friday with no problem.  Just gotta love consistency.
  Carlton Samuels:I leave at 2100 on Friday
  Heidi Ullrich:@Evan, please could your write a note to CT /cc'ing me regarding your filght itinerary ?
  Evan Leibovitch:of course, I may have already agreed to an exception without asking for it... not sure
  Carlton Samuels:@Evan: Maybe Matt can help you. He seems to have a knack for explaining these things to CT.
  Carlton Samuels:Thanks to you all.
  Julie Hammer:thanks, bye
  Heidi Ullrich:Bye!
  Matt Ashtiani:thanks , everyone!
  Silvia Vivanco:Thank you
  Silvia Vivanco:Bye
  Gisella Gruber-White:Thank you all! Have a lovely weekend

• No labels