Rule(s)

• 8.1 There is no requirement for an appointee to be a member of the At-Large Advisory Committee. 
  • 8.2 A conflict of interest statement must be filed;
  • 8.3 All appointees can be removed before the end of their term by a vote of recall according to rule 11.
  • 8.4 All appointees have a duty of performing their roles with diligence and loyalty to the Committee, and are bound to meet the minimum participation requirements set forth in rule 21. In case of failure to do so, the Chair shall call a vote of recall according to rule 11.

The mission and responsibilities of each appointee of the ALAC are: 

• 8.5 To participate diligently in the meetings and activities of the body he/she is appointed to; 
  • 8.6 To communicate and advocate the positions of the ALAC to such body; 
  • 8.7 To report to the ALAC the current and upcoming activities of the body he/she is liaison to, as far as this is possible under the timing and confidentiality constraints of such body; 
  • 8.8 When this is possible under such constraints, ask to the ALAC for advance instructions on matters that are going to be discussed by such body. 

Proposed Changes

Rationale 

Next Steps

• No labels

2 Comments

1. I am not 100% clear on who this rule is talking about. Only people who are formally appointed by the ALAC, or any worker on an ALAC WG?

I am a bit uncomfortable with the word "loyalty" in 8.4.

My statement regarding Liaison and acting solely on behalf of the ALAC appear here as well.

8.2 may need to be adjusted to reflect what we are actually using - SoI as opposed to CoI.

8.8 should probably be put into the Liaison rule as well (which I already sort of implied by saying that ALAC positions should be conveyed when they are known.

2. Alan, creo que cuando habla de "Lealtad" en el 8.4 está haciendo referencia a los "Conflictos de Interes". Si alguien esta en estos Grupos de trabajo "simulando defender  representar los interese de los usuarios", cuando en realidad esta "representando intereses contrarios" es una "falta de Lealtad"...creo que va por ese camino, quizás haya que reformular el articulo para hacerlo mas claro.

En el caso del retiro de estas personas deberán ser removidos por las mismas bases que lo eligieron (si son los RALOS, seran los RALOS, si es ALAC será ALAC)