- Category: ccTLDs
- Topic: Delegation Of IDN ccTLD
- Board meeting date: 21 April 2011
- Resolution number: 2011.04.21.16
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-21apr11-en.htm#7.1
- Status: Completed
Board approves the delegation of الجزائر to Centre de Recherche sur l'Information Scientifique et Technique (CERIST).
Whereas, Algeria is currently listed in the ISO 3166-1 standard;
Whereas, الجزائر ("al-Jazair"), encoded as "xn--lgbbat1ad8j", is a string that has been deemed to appropriately represent Algeria through the IDN Fast Track process;
Whereas, ICANN has received a request for delegation of الجزائر to Centre de Recherche sur l'Information Scientifique et Technique (CERIST);
Whereas, ICANN has reviewed the request, and has determined that the proposed delegation would be in the interests of the local and global Internet communities.
RESOLVED (2011.04.21.16), that the proposed delegation of the الجزائر top-level domain to CERIST is approved.
- Proceed with delegation process pursuant to IANA Functions processes.
- Responsible entity: IANA Functions Department
- Due date: Per IANA Functions processes
- Completion date: Completed per IANA Functions processes
The rationale is available at: Rationale
Other Related Resolutions
- Other resolutions TBD.
- Information on the IDN ccTLD Fast Track Process is available at: http://www.icann.org/en/topics/idn/fast-track/.
- IANA Report on the Delegation of the Top-Level Domain is available at: http://www.iana.org/domains/root/db/xn--lgbbat1ad8j.html.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.
Note: The "Add Comment" box below is for sharing information about implementation of this resolution. Off-topic comments will be removed.