Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the ICANN Academy Webinar on Friday 02 March 2012

Gisella Gruber-White:Audio streaming via Adobe Connect in listen only mode

Ron Sherwood:Good morning Gisella

Gisella Gruber-White:Good morning Ron! We will be dialling out to you shortly

Siranush Vardanyan:Gisella, can someone dial my number to be able to hear?

Siranush Vardanyan:hello, everyone

Gisella Gruber-White:Siranush - would you still like a dial-out to be able to ask questions?

Glenn McKnight:hi all, listen only mode

Siranush Vardanyan:just to listen

Siranush Vardanyan:at this moment

Siranush Vardanyan:meaning for the beginning :)

Adela Danciu:hello!

Gisella Gruber-White:Please remember to MUTE your lines when the presentation is running *6 to mute and *7 to unmute

Gisella Gruber-White:If you are on the phone bridge, please mute your computers

Sivasubramanian M 2:Please call me

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello, everyone

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro 2:Can't hear anything

Sivasubramanian M 2:yes, I require a dial out

Sivasubramanian M 2:+91 99524 03099

Gisella Gruber-White:Please MUTE your lines wiht *6

Gisella Gruber-White:Please UNMUTE your lines AFTER the presentation with *7

Siranush Vardanyan:i am in, thanks

Hong Xue:hi, everyone.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:HI Hong

Wolf Ludwig:Hi Hong!

Hong Xue:Moodle?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:it is a bog standard e'learning set of tools  Hong

Wolf Ludwig:In German we say: Kuddel-Muddel :-)

Hong Xue:Yeah

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Yes

Gordon Chillcott:Yes

Yaovi Atohoun:yes

Siranush Vardanyan:yes

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:YES

Adela Danciu:yes, I'm actually only hearing :) I'n not on phone but I prefer it like this actually, since I'm still at work

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro 2::)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes  the AC room audio tool is handy...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hong re noodle  see http://moodle.org/

Glenn McKnight:We created two good videos explaiing moodle, you will see during Siva presentation

Hong Xue:Haha, Cheryl.

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro 2:Thanks Glenn

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro 2:Many Pacific e-education programs use Moodle

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes Sla  as I said  bog standard for use 'around the e-learning traps'

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro 2:btw even the word"doodle" could be perceived as profanity in parts of the world

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:For those who are interested, there is a link in the bottom left Pod "Web Links" -- ICANN Academy Curriculum. This is the document Avri Doria has referred to.

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro 2:I am looking forward to hearing Siva

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro 2:Thanks OCL

Keith Drazek:thanks olivier, very helpful

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks, Olivier

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro 2:Audio is breaking up

TT:Aduio breaking up

TT:Audio*

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:works fine here.

Glenn McKnight:Hard to follow

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:better?

TT:Yes.

TT:Yes - hard to follow I mean*

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:You won't be tested on this. :-)

TT::D

Glenn McKnight:TT  I got an interesting survey from IEEE you might be interested in

Glenn McKnight:It`s like apple pie and motherhood, It`s difficult to be negative

Keith Drazek:thanks for the excellent introduction and overview. a question: how will the faculty be selected? will there be a process that ensures fair and balanced perspectives from within the icann community?

Eduardo Diaz:Can anyone participate include anymember of ALAC or Ralos?

Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:@Keith good point

Glenn McKnight:I assume an evaluation  checklist is created, but who is making the decision

Adela Danciu:Q: will it be a selection process of the participants or every appointed leadership will go through this training process? WIll it become "part of the job descritpion"?

Glenn McKnight:I think people are asking for fairness in the selection

TT:@Glenn - do send!

TT:Personally as a relative newbie to the conoluted ICANN world would say useful for it to be for all 'newbies': pass through the academy at least once.

Hong Xue:It souds complicated process, several layers.

Eduardo Diaz:@TT I can add not only newbies but also those that want to refresh their understanding  about how ICANN works .

TT:convoluted*

Keith Drazek:thanks sandra and avri, appreciate your responses. it will be important to ensure the faculty presents/discusses the various views and perspectives from within the community, particularly on the substantive topics of the day. i can anticipate a concern that such an influential thing as the icann academy could be used to promote one view over another, etc. if balance isn't ensured through the selection process.

TT:@Eduardo exactly why i said at least/ minimum once

Keith Drazek:i support the concept of the icann academy

Sandra Hoferichter:@Keith absolutely!

Glenn McKnight:We need to start somewhere, we can`t be perfect but the goals are pure

Glenn McKnight:Important that the training be simple, adult oriented not boring

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and  it ( the effectivness and fairness  etc.,)  of the faculty  would  surely be subject  to feedback amd review processes to ensure this as well

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Q: Re: getting AC/SO leaders presenting at the ICANN Academy a few days before the main ICANN meeting, how feasible is this for AC/SO chairs to arrive the Tuesday or Wednesday the week before the main ICANN meeting?

Glenn McKnight:The logistics  issue needs to be addressed

Eduardo Diaz:Yes, that is waht I meant as a student.

TT:@ All need to send my apologies need to focus on next phase of work. In general yes I do agree and the Academy has my full support. Specifics  to be ironed out as we plan in days ahead is  ensuring the  faculty is drawn from within the community - mindful of  individual  perspective s of course while alanced with having external exepertise that helps to shed light n perceptions of ICANn adn its role from outside our jaded walls. Second: Content: should be locally relevant as much as it is internationa, should be far from just technicalities but be enough of a foundation to help develop/strengthen community shoudl not shy away from controversial comments/topics :-)

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks TT

TT:Last; issue of cost: alternative funding models not drawing only from ICANN - possibility to find specific support from constitutency (hmm diacy - influencers ehy!)

TT:Cheers all!

Wolf Ludwig:Thanks Avri for the clarification. @Eduardo: For broader At-Large and RALO community there are other Capacity building programs ...

Hong Xue:I agree with Tijana.

Wolf Ludwig:Speak up!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I agree  Avri

Sivasubramanian M:an expert could contribute tothe sessions

Sivasubramanian M:And there is always somethign to unlearn

Keith Drazek:+1 avri

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thinking  about  how even experienced ICANNers are still very silo based  OR  MAY  be

Adela Danciu:agree - and it helps the interactivity and knwoledge sharing both ways - faculty -participants and viceversa

Siranush Vardanyan:completely agree with Avri, there is always a space to learn

Adela Danciu:and among participants from different communities perspectives

Sivasubramanian M:+1 on sandra's point on socializing aspects

Glenn McKnight:This is why the PEER to PEER  mentoring is important

Glenn McKnight:Many people might be available but they might be really poor faciliators

Glenn McKnight:It would be helpful to do a tight video edit of chairs  etc  with specific questions so it fits into the courseware

avri doria:@Glenn good idea.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed Glen

Wolf Ludwig:Plus 1 Glen

Adela Danciu:I need to go now - thanks everybody for the  presentation and discussions!

Sandra Hoferichter:Was Scheduled for thursday morning the PPC

Adela Danciu:See you in Costa Rica!

SivasubramanianM:ICANN Academy Moodle demo is at page http://moodle.movableoffice.net/  There is a prezi presentation at page http://prezi.com/0b4nxwxyynip/icann-academy-online-version/?auth_key=e846548beb676e0ffd5b000d7dd11256fbfbd049

Keith Drazek:thank you olivier, avri and sandra, great presentation.

Wolf Ludwig:See you soon, Adela.

Glenn McKnight:Hi Matt  you can make PREZI full screen

Glenn McKnight:yes

avri doria:Public Particiaption in Orquideas on Thursday  at 9am

Glenn McKnight:You can make the screen full in Prezi

Glenn McKnight:He is asking you to proceed

Glenn McKnight:Start it from the begiinning

Sivasubramanian M:did you hear me speaking

Sivasubramanian M:my phone is off

Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes  THANKS  to ALL of you

Siranush Vardanyan:thanks, everyone, it was very informative meeting

Yaovi Atohoun:thank you all . bye

Glenn McKnight:Bye

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Thanks for the presentation

Wolf Ludwig:Thanks Sandra, Avri and others for this excellent presentation!

avri doria:bye all - safe travels.

Gordon Chillcott:Thank you all.   Bye

Dev Anand Teelucksingh:take care all, bye

• No labels