Click here to read the transcription of the extraordinary APRALO meeting on June 22nd 2010.

Participants: Izumi Aizu, James Seng, Vivek Annand, Hong Xue, Fouad Bajwa, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Edmon Chung, Siva Muthusamy, Rajnesh Singh
Apologies: Les Allison
Staff: Heidi Ullrich, Matthias Langenegger

Extraordinary meeting started at 0717 local time. Click here to read the summary minutes of the regular monthly APRALO meeting from 22 June 2010.

There are two currently open leadership positions in APRALO:

• Remainder of Les Allison's Vice Chair postion (April 2012)
  • Remainder Karaitiana Taiuru's Chair position (until March 2011)

Discussion on interim APRALO Chair position

Cheryl: I suggest that we shift the Vice Chair positions and elect our current Vice Chair for the remainder of the longer of the two terms (April 2012). We would therefore need to have elections for the Chair position and the remainder of Fouad's current term (ends March 2011). I would also like to propose Hong as a care-take of the Chair position until we have elected a new Chair.

Fouad: I welcome Cheryl's suggestions and would like to hear from others.

Hong: I thank Cheryl and Mr Bajwa for their kind support. I have been involved in the establishment of APRALO bylaws and just checked their provisions on Chair positions. I am happy to take on the remainder of the Chair term.

Izumi: I also support Hong

Vivek: I wholeheartedly support Hong for this role

Edmon: I thank Cheryl for this suggestion and support Hong

Cheryl: Raj, will you be the voting delegate in the interim for Picisoc?

Raj: I support Hong for this role and will confirm whether I can be the voting delegate

AI: Raj will forward the name of the new voting delegate for PICISOC

There was consensus from all members present that Hong shall be nominated for the remainder of Karaitiana's term. (0737 local time)

Hong Xue was selected interim Chair of APRALO for the remainder of Karaitiana's position (untill March 2011).

Discussion on moving the longer of the two Vice Chair positions from Karaitiana to Fouad

Hong: Although there is no provision for this in the bylaws I agree that we can decide on this by consensus.

Izumi: Agree

Raj: I agree

Pavan: agree

James: I agree

Siva: I agree

It was agreed that Fouad Bajwa will take over the VC position previously held by Karaitiana. His term will end in April 2012. (0746 local time)

Selection of a Vice Chair for the remainder of the term which started in March 2009 (ending in March 2011)

Edmon: I think it would be a good idea to solicit the APRALO discussion list to call for candidates

James: I agree

Edmon: I agree

Hong: I agree that we need to go through the official election process and call for nomination

Pavan: agreed

Siva: agreed

The extraordinary APRALO meeting decided that the APRALO community will be consulted on the open Vice Chair position. There will be a formal election process for this position.

The extraordinary meeting was then closed and the regular APRALO meeting was reconvened. Click here to read the summary minutes of the regular monthly APRALO meeting.

• No labels